• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

a lot of ideas

DeletedUser1388

Hi there
I enjoy to play Elvenar and have been thinking what would make it more fun and easy :)

Chat:

Idea: It would be nice to have a better chat, where it is possible to be able to have private chats a long with fellowship chat, and maybe even with our neighbourgs ( Like the one they have in “ The West”

Why: I really would like to be able to chat with all my neighbourgs in a chat. Would make it easier to ask for goods and to know each other.

Idea: Could we have a few smileys in chat. A smile and a laugh, would be great.

Why: It will make it much more fun to chat to each other, and we will spend more time in the game J

Idea: Please can you make links clickable?

Why: Very often we like to show each other things on the net. As it is now, we have to go to an extern chat to make that happen. I find it much better to keep players in the gamechat

Trade:

Idea Can you make it possible to choose to set up more equal trades at same time? Also make it faster to buy.

Why: It will be faster to set up offers, and to buy them

Fellowship

Idea Can you make it, so we can see when a member has not been online for 7 days.

why Would be nice to see faster, when we loose members, and can get new ones in.

Profile:

Idea Can we have an extra line to the townname?
why We need a place, to tell neighbourgs and fellowship, where to place the visit and if you are on vacation

Neighbourghelp:

Idea Please make it faster to give help.

why when you have a lot of neigbourgs it takes between 30 and 45 min to visit all

Mail:

Idea Make it possible to see when people have read the mail. Also make it easier to view all letters.

why It is hard to see if people have read their mails and almost impossible to find old mails

Forum:

Idea We could really need a forum, where we can post Tips and help to each other, communicate about quests and how to build up our towns

why Again it will make the game more active, and new players, can get tips to how to set up town, give help and so on

Yes I play “the west” also an inno game, and I love their forums, mailsystem, reports and trader

Players
Idea
oooh yes and one more idea. How about making tournaments between the fellowship? so we can fight eachother, maybe place a bet and fight about it??

why It could be great fun, and make people stay online longer :)

Kindly
Girlie :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1925

All I can say is good luck! I wish they would already implemented chat features. But seems is not a priority. If they didn't "spot" fighting differences for over a year. I thought they say they are playing the same game.

DeletedUser1388

I think they do listen to us, but things takes time to implement, and we must not forget even if we dont like it. Inno is a business, and we buy a product from them which are fun, joy and a game.
On the other hand, if they want to sell their product to us, they have to listen, online players, are very unfaithful. They will just find another game, when they get tired of the one they are playing.
Give the developers some time, and I am sure they will see the need of a fellowshipforum, better chat and maybe fighting tournaments among fellowship. :)

DeletedUser219

Point by point response:
We have whispers. /w Girlie (text) will send you a private message. It's clunky, but it's there.
We have smileys in chat. They just don't turn into stupid yellow faces. :+) is just a smile, :+D is a laugh, ;+) is a wink, and so on. If you don't know them, there's something new to learn.
I don't want clickable links, because I won't click them. Flash is unstable enough without adding a YouTube video to the strain.
Trade: Already suggested, several times
Town name: not a bad idea
NH: Already suggested, several times.
Forum: Already suggested, several times
Players: Sounds like PVP, and one of the huge attractions of Elvenar is the lack thereof.

So, out of 7 suggestions, one new idea. And folk wonder why it is that the guidelines for suggestions say one per thread.

DeletedUser1388

Horanda are you a developer or just a player like me??? If you are a developer, then try to listen to the suggestion you tell me has been suggested several times, and stop killing all initiative that made

:+) is a very well know smile, yes, but I still wish for a :). That is my wish, it doesnt have to be yours though !!

You dont have to be rude in your answers. If you answer all who has some brainfarts like this, no wonder, we dont see a lot of of new ideas.
I and many others, dont like to have to write /w and players name first. cause if you forget something, it will be in open chat. That happened a lot on " the west" until they developed the chat they have now :)

Dont bring down other peoples ideas, but try instead to be constructive in your criticism .

I came with my ideas, because I have been thinking for some time , what I and others I play have talks about, would make elvenar better, and I still hope that the developer will listen to me. Somehow I dont mind you having an other opinion than me, but lets do this in a nicely tone :)
You cant be serious if you wanted me, to read all forum to see if others have had same ideas for me, and then make a new post for each one of them?? If that is real, this forum really have a lot to learn.
Use my ideas or not, I am sure if nothing changes, I will not be a daily player for 7 years as I have been on The west now.

DeletedUser363

Mail:

Idea Make it possible to see when people have read the mail. Also make it easier to view all letters.

why It is hard to see if people have read their mails and almost impossible to find old mails

I notice Horanda missed this one whilst he was being flippant about your suggestions, I don't know if it has been suggested, but it's a good idea, I would love to know who in my fs didn't read the messages sent out to them. I am also tired of old messages deleting after 60 days...just because that message thread hasn't been used for 60 days doesn't mean I want to lose the info in it...especially if it is a long thread with detailed conversations. Just the ability to lock some threads so they aren't deleted would do;)

DeletedUser219

@Girlie I am a Cantankerous Old Bast..., which sounds a lot better than Grumpy Old Man. I struggle with long lists of ideas, because I know that nothing will come of them, especially if a number of them have been proposed before.
No, I am not a developer, just a Grumpy Old Player. ;)

DeletedUser1388

if more and more players are asking the same things, you may call me naive, but them I belive they will listen to us. After all it is us who has the money :)