• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered HTML5 version for Linux

Cinnamoon

Seeker
Hi there,
I wanted to ask, whether there has been any progress in that matter or whether it's still on the table generally at all? I could just try myself but if it still doesn't work I'm stuck there every time and have to bother support to save my account again. Plus I thought this question might be interesting to others as well.

To me personally this is an important question as it will depend on this whether I can keep playing in the future or not. I've got a single browser (google chrome) that runs the game atm. On all others it doesn't work. And chrome already now doesn't really support flash anymore which means I have to confirm lots of warnings etc. each time I load the game. On top of that I keep getting more and more errors and problems almost daily now. While I can use the app version it's not really a valid replacement in my opinion as it cuts me out of important parts of our communication and FS activity.

DeletedUser5976

I would very much like to know the answer to this one as well.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I'm using Linux (Debian 9) and do not have any issues with the HTML client on chrome or firefox. Flash still works on chrome only. In my experience the HTML client is more stable now than Flash ever was.
Strange...

DeletedUser5976

I am using Linux Mint and the last time I tried to switch to HTML5 I got locked out of the game completely and support had to change the settings of the game again. So different Linux versions seem to be handling it differently. Might be good to know for the devs.

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
Currently running Flash version of Elvenar using Pale Moon browser on Ubuntu MATE without any problems at all.

DeletedUser5976

The problem isn't the Flash version Edward, it's the HTML5 version that is not working on Linux (well some versions of Linux we found out).

EdwardTrunk

Soothsayer
The problem isn't the Flash version Edward, it's the HTML5 version that is not working on Linux (well some versions of Linux we found out).
Yes, I know that, I have the same problems as the rest of us with HTML5 but Cinnamoon was saying he didn't have a browser that supports the game any more which is why I mentioned that, for me at least, Pale Moon is working fine with the Flash version:

I've got a single browser (google chrome) that runs the game atm. On all others it doesn't work. And chrome already now doesn't really support flash anymore

Cinnamoon

Seeker
yay. shouldn't have said anything. Game doesn't load anymore. And pale moon doesn't work either. it keeps asking me to install flash (which is installed).
looks like I'll be running the game without messages or anything halfway convenient from now on because no browser works anymore ;( I really hope they fix something and soon..

kimkimkim

Summoner
yay. shouldn't have said anything. Game doesn't load anymore. And pale moon doesn't work either. it keeps asking me to install flash (which is installed).
looks like I'll be running the game without messages or anything halfway convenient from now on because no browser works anymore ;( I really hope they fix something and soon..
Just curious if you clicked where it says to install flash, I had that same pop up when I entered the game, flash is already installed on my system too but when I clicked install flash, the game loaded

Cinnamoon

Seeker
no it's different. With Chrome that's what happens to me as well, I have to go through this process every time I start the game, but with the other browsers it only opens the flash website and doesn't load anything. And since it does that every time I'm stuck and can't load the game even though flash is installed..