• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Diamond sale differences between players!?

DeletedUser

A friend who also plays Elvenar has just contacted me to rant about the great diamond sale today where he got a 100% increase in diamonds! So instead of 2400, he got 4,800 for £19.99!!!!! But when I try to get it I only get offered 2400, the usual 2000 + 20% sale!!!!! Why is this???? Pretty unfair! Please explain.

Killiak

Artisan
The offers on Elvenar are somewhat random, and often personal. A starting player will get more offers, and get starting offers. A more seasoned player will get those +100% offers.
Also, people who have spent diamonds in the past will get offers more frequently.

It's not about fairness. It's about marketing.

DeletedUser

Then you’d think they’d offer all to all players? Surely they’d make a mint then?

Killiak

Artisan
Then you’d think they’d offer all to all players? Surely they’d make a mint then?

It's a matter of sales / marketing

If you offer too often, you will chase some people away.
So you differentiate between people who already buy very often all the way down to people who never buy; and then you set different amounts / types of offers for all those target groups.

Basically, well executed target group marketing will make you more money than blind blanket offering to all your customers.

Paladestar

Enchanter
I have two different accounts, with one city each, on two different realms, so that I can't cheat and send KP or goods between cities. One account (the one with a city on Winyandor) gets a bonus diamond offer about once a month, ranging from 40% to 100%. My other account (on Felyndral) has never had a bonus diamond offer (that I can recall anyway). Both accounts were created within 3 days of each other in December 2017. I have played both accounts evenly and they're at a similar level of development (55K score and 60K score) - That was the point of having two accounts, so that I could be logged into both cities at once using two different browsers.

It's either some kind of long-term experiment by Inno to try and gauge if average earnings are higher with or without bonus offers and one of my accounts is in the 'control group' that gets no bonus offers, or they've taken a bribe from some mega rich player on Felyndral to block offers to slow down anyone trying to catch up to them! ;)

It does always make me chuckle when I see a new offer pop up on the wrong city, I would buy diamonds with a good (60%+) offer on my Felyndral city, but I only ever get offers on the Winyandor city and I've already bought enough diamonds on it that I'm comfortable for now, so they're missing out on my money - I am a man of extreme willpower and I will not buy diamonds without a good offer! :p I just don't think it's worth it otherwise, too few diamonds for too much money. :(

DeletedUser702

My Diamond buying is on hold, special offer or otherwise!
My Account will be on hold soon, since no update forth
coming. Plus the Aussie Dollar is on a slide

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Paladestar,
I am exactly the same - I won't buy diamonds without a good offer. So they are losing out on my money, too. My kingdom is in Felyndral too and I had (and have bought) special offers of 50% more diamonds but never had/seen an offer for 100% more diamonds! Yet my friend who did take up the +100 offer is also in Felyndral. I can totally understand what Killiak is saying but Inno are definitely down on what would have been another £19.99. And if I feel this way, imagine how much money they are losing if other people feel the same.
Currently have a diamonds offer which includes 25 KPs. Won't be bothering with that one!!!!

DeletedUser

Just read another player’s recent post that said because she hadn’t logged in for a week due to being on holiday that when she did log back in she got a gift of 1500 diamonds free! Said the same thing happened two and a half years ago as well! So play every day as a loyal and regular player and you get nothing for free but don’t bother playing for a week and receive 1500 diamonds free! Very unfair!

m4rt1n

Adept
My Diamond buying is on hold, special offer or otherwise!
My Account will be on hold soon, since no update forth
coming. Plus the Aussie Dollar is on a slide

Same here, Inno demolished the value of the British pound on diamond price sales after it became clear Brexit was happening (against my will as a British citizen for info) and prices almost doubled overnight, so now £1 = 100 diamonds. A 4000 diamond expansion now costs £40, a Snail Palace £36, and my family only has £800 a month to live on, no way I can make any purchases anymore and if I could, the offers never come my way. Fellows talk of 50% discounts on expansions but my best offer since playing has only been 10%. :-(