• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire New Feature

McBratty

Enchanter
EN servers were supposed to have the new feature rolled out on the 17th. The new feature whereby we could see the previous weeks Spire result. Im not seeing this feature at all. On the Spire tab with the weeks Spire rankings, there is the banner which says Previous weeks blah blah...if you try to click on that nothing happens.
Has anyone else managed to see their previous weeks scores or has Inno decided not to roll this out?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team

McBratty

Enchanter
Well the new feature is a bit of a fizz. I had thought it was going to show a list of players and their spire score like for Tournaments. Instead we have a rather pointless feature that shows us ( or is supposed to show us) the group total score. Its a roll out feature that doesnt even work correctly :rolleyes:

OldHag

Necromancer
I just looked at the new spire tab, what's the point of it?....lol
I would have expected to see a fs list also, disappointing.

Pauly7

Magus
I just had a look and I must admit I agree with all you guys. So, it shows us what rewards were won by the team, (which I don't know why people would have a need to see), and I don't even understand the bottom bit. What does it mean when it says, round 1, round 2, round 3 and round 4? I get that purple splodges are the number of, umm, spire points towards the 1,330, but why the 4 numbers?.... and what do yellow pigs signify?

Luckily I am no long an AM, because otherwise I would be banging my head on the wall saying - We wanted to know fellows' individual scores, not whatever this is.

Pauly7

Magus
That's how many 'stored' points were used. Or how many you have in storage. One of the two.
I guess the yellow pig is a piggy bank.
Got it. Still don't understand round 1, round 2, round 3, round 4. And presumably spaces for two more "rounds".

I must be a novice at this. Not like I've been to the top of every spire since they launched it or anything.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Right so I get there hasn't been much of a grand announcement/explanation concerning this! BUT my understanding, is that the Spire works in 6wk increments with the Artifacts. This (I believe) is the reason for it recording 6wks/rounds worth of information.

The Piggy Bank records any Perk Points used in that round.

Now whether this feature gets expanded upon to provide individual player points, I'm not entirely sure! BUT i'll pass the feedback along!!

Kind regards

Herodite.

Pauly7

Magus
Right so I get there hasn't been much of a grand announcement/explanation concerning this! BUT my understanding, is that the Spire works in 6wk increments with the Artifacts. This (I believe) is the reason for it recording 6wks/rounds worth of information.
I believe you, but that is so random. So you are saying that you are looking at the past 6 weeks of total spire scores, including perk points spent.

The thing is, we already had a full two days to clock the fellowship's total spire score, if that was important. I know I am cynical, but I think they heard a request about needing more spire information and just gave a resolution which was really wide of the mark.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I believe you, but that is so random. So you are saying that you are looking at the past 6 weeks of total spire scores, including perk points spent.

The thing is, we already had a full two days to clock the fellowship's total spire score, if that was important. I know I am cynical, but I think they heard a request about needing more spire information and just gave a resolution which was really wide of the mark.

Yep! And once that 6wks is done, everything will/should be reset back to the beginning.

I'm not entirely certain where the feature came off the back of? Whether it was feedback or just a way to kind of streamline it with the Tournament Information tab.

I recall there to be some confusion with the Spire Bar where people didn't understand what the total rewards were depending on participants and where they were! But that was some time ago. Of course things being as they are, new features take a lot of time to appear so it could well be from feedback many moons ago!

Pauly7

Magus
I'm not entirely certain where the feature came off the back of?
Many people, including me, used to bang the drum of - Please record individual spire scores after the spire finishes. The reason is that if a fellowship (like mine, previously), wished to record everyone's performance each week, the only way to be sure about the spire was to be ready to check everything in the final few moments before the spire closed. Because after that moment all the individual scores vanish. Either way, they still didn't solve that problem.