• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Collect all button for FA

MinervaOz

Enchanter
It took years of pleading for the current system to be introduced, so I won't be holding my breath for this.

For those who don't remember: we used to have to collect each badge one at a time. Not type of badge - actual individual badges. And the surplus (residue, bracelets, coins - everything in fact) didn't carry over. If you were really serious about collecting ghosts and hats, the tournament took forever because you had to stop to collect every couple of provinces. And the pain of accidentally collecting an extra toolbox or 24/48 hour T1 production and ruining a smith, necklace or statue!

Pauly7

Magus
It took years of pleading for the current system to be introduced, so I won't be holding my breath for this.

For those who don't remember: we used to have to collect each badge one at a time. Not type of badge - actual individual badges. And the surplus (residue, bracelets, coins - everything in fact) didn't carry over. If you were really serious about collecting ghosts and hats, the tournament took forever because you had to stop to collect every couple of provinces. And the pain of accidentally collecting an extra toolbox or 24/48 hour T1 production and ruining a smith, necklace or statue!
Not to mention having to cycle through all the badges clicking decline decline decline, until you eventually activated that carpenters badge. Then you could collect one and then cycle through all the badges again to collect the second one.

SkyRider99

Immortal
Not to mention having to cycle through all the badges clicking decline decline decline, until you eventually activated that carpenters badge. Then you could collect one and then cycle through all the badges again to collect the second one.
I get cold shivers just remembering it! :eek:

Lelanya

Mentor
And, if you're me -
You are compelled to restore the badges to the original drop down order at the start. Brews, where the heck are Brews, aha, hold them in spot one, look for Treants, gotcha, let both go, but hold Bakers in slot 2, maybe along the way line up the interim stuff...
Oh look - new version - woo hoo, they're auto lined up. What do you mean, you added 4 more? So next month I have to line up 12. Or 16.

Good times.

Let us all give thanks to SoggyShorts, who pestered the company 3 times for every FA (twice on Beta, and again on Live) for the QoL interface.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
YES!! I'd forgotten that. I think I only played a few FAs with that, and then they changed it to the current format. It was a lot longer before they did away with the single collection thing.

SkyRider99

Immortal
quit again to enjoy retirement.
Elvenar helps me enjoy retirement. :p

1712560079071.png

Lelanya

Mentor
So in the vein of back in the day - the first two or three were exactly 4.5 days, so of course last night round about reset time, I started wondering why the blessed event is not over already. Today by reset it will be even worse and I will have to force myself to continue.

Another thing Soggy led the charge on was collecting badges while on the FA map. I was appreciating this feature all over again.

Hekata

Artisan
Another thing Soggy led the charge on was collecting badges while on the FA map. I was appreciating this feature all over again.
Yes, back in the good old days when the devs still listened to Beta feedback. And the mods/GM there were also very invested in everything and helped push those ideas too. Now they don't even fix the bugs detected on beta before sending it to live servers.