• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support Research for Ancient Wonders

Sir Derf

Adept
I've got a one-two for ya'll.

1) I have been getting an annoying pop-up on occasion for maybe the last week when applying KP to my Ancient Wonder (Tome of Secrets, currently Level 9, but I don't know that that matters.) I will usually use the middle button, the "commit all collected KP" button. However, some times, I get a pop-up saying something like "Sorry, you do not have enough KP", and my KP has not be zeroed, which is odd, since I definitely have the KP I'm trying to apply. This pop-up should not occur. It might be the case that this occurs when I am now trying to apply less KP than the last time I did, i.e. I previously did 3 KP, and now am doing 1 KP.

2) When that pop-up occurs, I dismiss it, click the same "commit all collected KP", my KP is zeroed, and go on my merry way. However, today I believe I noticed that despite the dialog apparently telling me I don;t have enough, it appears as if it did apply my KP to the AW, but it did not zero out my KP, so when I dismissed the pop-up, I was able to apply the KP a second time to the AW. It is possible that this has been happening before and I just didn't notice.

I am running Windows 10, Chrome, v1.80.2, Java.

pobble

Spellcaster
I get this pop up a lot too.
It happens to me when I have 9 kp and the 10th is just a minute or two from ready. So I agree a 10kp swap with a team-mate. I go to their Wonder and drop in the 9kp. This gives no pop up message.

Then I have to wait a minute or two for the 10th to finish being made on the time clock. It appears, I try to add it to the Wonder, and that's when I get the annoying pop up that says "insufficient KP" or something like that.

Being a creature of habit, I think this has happened to me every day for the last fortnight.

I haven't noticed anything like it actually being added in spite of the pop up though. I always have to dismiss the message and then try adding it again.

DeletedUser8921

From my observations this seems to be a problem with the game clock when playing on the browser version. (I don't know about mobile.) Sometimes when you have left the tab open but idle, the elapsed time "accumulates" all at once when you go back to the tab or window. This can cause the appearance and disappearance of KP. When you apply KP while the game is still sorting all that out, it will both acknowledge and not acknowledge that last KP point.

So basically that KP point is in limbo between your PC and the server. This resolves itself and you can add it.

Edit: I'm drawing an analogy. I'm not speaking about literal physical transmission of KP points, although it raises interesting metaphysical questions.

Sir Derf

Adept
No. I have, on occasion, seen the rapid-running timer, and I can definitely say it wasn't the case this time, and I'm fairly sure it wasn't in the past observations I've had. I just had the dialog happen again. I had one KP naturally accrued, with the timer at 41:30m, having applied KP slightly earlier. I click my usual "apply all KP" button, which indicates "1", and am told that I don't have enough, dismiss the pop-up, click the same button again, and it applies the KP. This is not timer related.

My personal theory is that this represents yet another occurrence of what I see as a common issue in Elvenar. The game appears to use static variables in many places which don't always get refreshed before being reused. For example, consider the pop-up tooltip when you hover over a Manufactory. The pop-up displays the item currently being produced and the time remaining on the current production. Frequently, when you hover over a Manufactory, the pop-up starts off displaying the item and/or time remaining for the last building you had looked at. The dialog was shown either without refreshing, or before the refresh completed. I suspect that in this case, despite displaying that the button is going to apply the current value of "1" KP, that the test might have been performed with what I think was the previously applied amount of "2" KP.

Sir Derf

Adept
Okay, timer just rolled on again, and I can throw one more observation.

Golden Abyss at 67 Research. 1 KP in the bar. Click the apply all, get the pop-up, dismiss the pop-up. GA shows 68, still 1 KP on the bar. Click the apply all, button grays out, GA shows 69, 0 KP on the bar. Apparently added the same KP twice.

Close the Golden Abyss dialog. Look at the Golden Abyss. It now shows 68 Research.

Bottom line: Incorrect error message, extra clicks, temporary appearance of double KP application, no actual double KP.

Timneh

Artisan
I have also been getting that pop up but i have never had it where the false double KP shows. All i have had is the pop up when i try to add KP to my AW, i just close the pop up and add the KP again and it has always worked ok the second time.

DeletedUser3097

1) I have been getting an annoying pop-up on occasion for maybe the last week when applying KP to my Ancient Wonder (Tome of Secrets, currently Level 9, but I don't know that that matters.) I will usually use the middle button, the "commit all collected KP" button. However, some times, I get a pop-up saying something like "Sorry, you do not have enough KP", and my KP has not be zeroed, which is odd, since I definitely have the KP I'm trying to apply. This pop-up should not occur. It might be the case that this occurs when I am now trying to apply less KP than the last time I did, i.e. I previously did 3 KP, and now am doing 1 KP.

2) When that pop-up occurs, I dismiss it, click the same "commit all collected KP", my KP is zeroed, and go on my merry way. However, today I believe I noticed that despite the dialog apparently telling me I don;t have enough, it appears as if it did apply my KP to the AW, but it did not zero out my KP, so when I dismissed the pop-up, I was able to apply the KP a second time to the AW. It is possible that this has been happening before and I just didn't notice.

I am running Windows 10, Chrome, v1.80.2, Java.
Please open a ticket with Support, including a screenshot of the popup if possible.