• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Implemented [Communication] Chat

DeletedUser

I am assuming that chat is in the works or maybe not. Chat would be a good improvement. Also alliances some time down the road I hope.

DeletedUser

I'm hoping you're not dead wrong about chat coming in the future :cool:
And something tells me some kind of alliance system has to be coming.. surely..

DeletedUser23

Yeah I've seen a lot of suggestions mentioning chat and guilds/alliances and I'm sure I saw somewhere one of those "we're working on it" phrases.

DeletedUser3

Alliances/guilds are indeed planned, and will be implemented in the summer :cool:

What features do you consider important for a chat system? Please let us know :)

DeletedUser14

+1

Alliances/guilds are indeed planned, and will be implemented in the summer :cool:

Can't wait to see them in-game :rolleyes:

What features do you consider important for a chat system? Please let us know :)

As for me, I would say at least the basic general chat features allowing players to chat both private and general chat, but I would also like to see the ability to have emotions implemented on the feature (yeah kind of an obsession:oops:) and maybe the chance of quoting. BB code ability would be a huge plus and of course the report button. Can’t remember anything else for the moment, so maybe adding a few other suggestions on this issue later on.

DeletedUser47

The ability to block or blacklist players in chat would be useful -- that way if there are trolls and spammers players have a way of dealing with it themselves rather than relying on having a moderator there at all times. But the most important thing is just having a real-time chat in game for when you are waiting for 3.40 minutes to collect your resources (or whatever).

DeletedUser21

I am very much looking forward to the implementation of this feature in the summer period.
I feel it is important to enable players to communicate with the world that they are placed within, their alliance/guild in an alliance/guild chat but also in private on a one to one basis with an individual player. Alongside this, as aspirina points out above it would also be a nice feature if some emotions were enabled and the all important 'report' button would continue to come as standard.
The ability to block or blacklist players in chat would be useful -- that way if there are trolls and spammers players have a way of dealing with it themselves rather than relying on having a moderator there at all times.

That is another excellent point to make. It could also be a good idea if you could have a chat with a group of three to four people who you are able to invite specifically to the chat.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23

That's great, looking forward to the guild and chat systems :D

DeletedUser

i think everyone else has covered what I'd expect from a chat system. And hopefully a fully working system for the mods to be able to ban users from chats without banning then from the game.

DeletedUser79

I am looking forward to having chat up. Is there an estimated time frame when this feature will be released?

DeletedUser3

We have no information as yet as to whether or when a chat system might be implemented. We will of course let you know as soon as we know more about it! :)

DeletedUser121

So far, all really useful suggestions on this thread. This would help create communities, which would bring the game more to life. Perhaps the feeling of isolation here is why there are so many inactive players. Global chat, alliance chat, guild chat, private chat...whatever chat...bring it!

DeletedUser140

basic chat features, global chat, regional, custom made chats for friends and alliance chat. how are going to be alliances implemented? are we gonna be able to join forces between humans and elfs or the main factions are divided in the endless war for world domination?

DeletedUser

basic chat features, global chat, regional, custom made chats for friends and alliance chat. how are going to be alliances implemented? are we gonna be able to join forces between humans and elfs or the main factions are divided in the endless war for world domination?
Fellowships(Alliances) were announced in the Innogames TV July Episode here(clicky)
The discussion for that video is here(clicky) and includes a transcript of the Fellowship section.
They specifically mentioned a fellowship chat to come at some point in the future.
It would seem that fellowships can have members of both races. (Though I'm sure it would be possible for a fellowship to choose to be Elf/Human only if it really wanted to)

DeletedUser140

mhm, ok thank you barti, i got the idea. so the races are like an mmorpg class, where people can choose from one or another but still they can party up together. i choosed humans cause i dont plan to invest nothing but time in this game. btw, real cash economy is a good economic system, give it a try on google.

ps: guys? i think barti is a super hot girl, very beautiful. if this is true i saw her first!

DeletedUser

mhm, ok thank you barti, i got the idea. so the races are like an mmorpg class, where people can choose from one or another but still they can party up together. i choosed humans cause i dont plan to invest nothing but time in this game. btw, real cash economy is a good economic system, give it a try on google.

ps: guys? i think barti is a super hot girl, very beautiful. if this is true i saw her first!

No problem, always happy to help :)

And sorry, I'm a super hot guy :cool: Also, you'd need to get in line anyway, at least a couple of the mods here saw me way earlier :p

DeletedUser

Considering experiences from FoE and their chat system I'd like to add 1 option more to what was discussed above.
In FoE, in order to open private chat you have to wait until the person says something in global/guild chat and then you click their name to start conversation on priv. I'd love to be able to pick any person and try private chat without all the hassle. It was always annoying me in FoE that I had to write a mail to the person, then speak something in global chat or wait for the person to do so. It'll be nice to have a list of online players/friends/guildies at hand where we just click and start chat... or at least some button or chat command to 'call' the player.

DeletedUser140

barti i knew it, you are a beautiful girl. and you just dont want me cause i dont have a gm power, but at least i can expose my feelings for you. still love you barti! go humans!

DeletedUser

barti i knew it, you are a beautiful girl. and you just dont want me cause i dont have a gm power, but at least i can expose my feelings for you. still love you barti! go humans!
I guess you missed the part where I said I was a guy... and they literally saw me first :p
But anyway, this chat isn't about how hot I am, it's about a chat feature, so lets get back to that :)

Considering experiences from FoE and their chat system I'd like to add 1 option more to what was discussed above.
In FoE, in order to open private chat you have to wait until the person says something in global/guild chat and then you click their name to start conversation on priv. I'd love to be able to pick any person and try private chat without all the hassle. It was always annoying me in FoE that I had to write a mail to the person, then speak something in global chat or wait for the person to do so. It'll be nice to have a list of online players/friends/guildies at hand where we just click and start chat... or at least some button or chat command to 'call' the player.

I agree, lists to whisper/PM from would be a good addition. Or commands such as "/whisper <player>" to open private chat to the player.