• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship adventures

Lady Monica

Spellcaster
Fellowship adventures
I have two suggestions for the next time.
1. I noticed a lot of the fs had a hard time deciding which path to take.
My suggestion for next time make the teams do ALL the paths. Does not matter which one, but they must complete all paths before the end of the time. Then they cant revisit the path as it has been completed.
This would save all the bickering that has been going on. I noted a lot of AM are getting very stressed about this and surely it should be fun?
The way it is done is very confusing and even with a nice fs this can happen.
2. The inventory list should be available to all members . Instead of just showing your own it should show all of the inventory. With time zones etc it is very difficult to know what someone has. The spread sheet is OK but not all want to use it. Again a lot of stress is placed on the AM to keep it up dated

Worth considering as it would make it a lot easier for everyone

Cheers
lady Monica

DeletedUser

Lady Monica, 'Make the teams do ALL the paths.' Really??????? I don't think so!!!!!!!!! The fellowship I am in only has myself and two other players who want to do the Fellowship Adventures and we are struggling to finish one path (let alone three!!!!!!!) but we are still really enjoying taking part and still hope to finish in time. But your suggestion would mean we wouldn't even be allowed to take part in the first place! Why should we be sacrificed for the benefit of the large teams!!!!! How incredibly unfair is that!
This is my first Fellowship Adventure and I have been keeping track on a single spreadsheet of what each of us is doing. I appreciate if you have lots of players in your fellowship taking part this can be time consuming etc but you're very lucky to have so many players who want to do the adventure in the first place!!!!!!!!!
So ADMIN please don't carry out the above suggestion and sacrifice the small groups of team players just because the large ones have a problem with bickering etc (The phrase 'Play nicely, children!' immediately comes to mind here!) as to who's doing what and who keeps track of that!! This is supposed to be fun for everyone not the elite teams who have lots of players!
That said I do whole heartily agree with the suggestion that the inventory list should be made available to all players who are taking part in any one fellowship and not just their own. Is this possible as it would really help us all?
Thank you!

DeletedUser6744

I'm new to this, in fact this is my first fellowship adventure so I'm no expert. I have already donated a bunch of badges and have around 26 in stock right now waiting to be used when the opportunity comes along. Also I have 4 elegant statues growing and 2 blacksmiths growing, they take time and even though I built a bunch of temporary buildings I'm finding it a grind. The amount of items needed to complete one path alone is a struggle for myself and the others in the fellowship who are taking part.. if we had to complete all 3 paths it would be almost an impossible task for us and a very costly one in both goods and supplies considering the prizes at the end I feel it would be a big ask for everyone to put in all the items and the hours needed to complete it all.. We can't be here 24 hours a day switching production as it ends.. so rather than change it, the main thing is to get those in the fellowship who wish to take part in the event organised and before the event starts at least make sure everyone knows which path you wish to follow.

DeletedUser5352

Lady Monica, 'Make the teams do ALL the paths.' Really??????? I don't think so!!!!!!!!! The fellowship I am in only has myself and two other players who want to do the Fellowship Adventures and we are struggling to finish one path (let alone three!!!!!!!) but we are still really enjoying taking part and still hope to finish in time. But your suggestion would mean we wouldn't even be allowed to take part in the first place! Why should we be sacrificed for the benefit of the large teams!!!!! How incredibly unfair is that!
This is my first Fellowship Adventure and I have been keeping track on a single spreadsheet of what each of us is doing. I appreciate if you have lots of players in your fellowship taking part this can be time consuming etc but you're very lucky to have so many players who want to do the adventure in the first place!!!!!!!!!
So ADMIN please don't carry out the above suggestion and sacrifice the small groups of team players just because the large ones have a problem with bickering etc (The phrase 'Play nicely, children!' immediately comes to mind here!) as to who's doing what and who keeps track of that!! This is supposed to be fun for everyone not the elite teams who have lots of players!
That said I do whole heartily agree with the suggestion that the inventory list should be made available to all players who are taking part in any one fellowship and not just their own. Is this possible as it would really help us all?
Thank you!

I would like to add to all the above, that it is a great need for all the versions of the game to be able to recive messages!!! Otherwise the FS Tournaments are almost impossible to play. We have 4 active members and only the 2 of us can communicate with each other via messages....It's frustating!!!

Lelanya

Mentor
Yes it is VERY frustrating that the mobile app is so far from parity with the desktop.
There was a survey recently and it wanted to know what most needed adding but mail wasn't even on the list. I had to add and vote for that because I want it considered but it appears to be a low priority.
Monica it's not getting them to do all the paths it's getting them to leave room for others!

DeletedUser5352

Yes it is VERY frustrating that the mobile app is so far from parity with the desktop.
There was a survey recently and it wanted to know what most needed adding but mail wasn't even on the list. I had to add and vote for that because I want it considered but it appears to be a low priority.
Monica it's not getting them to do all the paths it's getting them to leave room for others!

Monica :"My suggestion for next time make the teams do ALL the paths. Does not matter which one, but they must complete all paths before the end of the time"
Please explain to me how does that make room for others?
I don't argue with that. It's an honest question, I really want to know.

DeletedUser5352

Haha I game with a crew of overachievers and they left me holding statues! And yes - they knew I had them lol. But I would rather have them and not need them than need them and not have them ;)
We finished all paths 28hrs ago and have been feeding the pit
God I"m so envy you hahahaha........
I'm the AM of the FS " The rise of the phoenix"
We were 10 members, half of them inactiv!!!!
Now we are only 5 (most of them new, but relativ activ) and the one totaly activ member went on vacation THIS WEEK!!!!! lol
The other 3 don't receive...or don't respond to my messages and I struggle to do all by myself and I am short of Magic Potions and Wands .........:(:(
There's an idea!!
We should be able to exchange those sort of items too!!!!:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5352

Wow!
But I'm in Felyndral.......:oops:
I don't thing that's possible :(
But you are a great soul !!!!!
Thank's for the thought. That's all that counts after all :):)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5352

Nah, I'm probably a masochist....LOL
I will fight to the bitter end
and I'll PREVAIL !!!!
Hip hip hurray :D:D:D

Lady Monica

Spellcaster
M
Thank you!
Maybe I should clarify:
Do all three paths before the end of the quest. Still be able to do one path but close it off so it cant be redone. Do one path get a prize, do two paths get a prize, do three paths get a prize. Then go into the whirlpool. But don't have to go back and redo if you are lucky enough to finish all three that way the only decision is which one first. So that allows the little fs to only do one if that is what they decide. Our fs has not been bickering I am quoting the AM in Facebook are having a lot of issues. I think our team has a great mix of people and I am very lucky to have them. I would not worry Inno games rarely takes notice of any thing we say and it would cost a lot to change this aspect. I hope your fs grows and have a nice day :)
Lady M

Lady Monica

Spellcaster
I'm new to this, in fact this is my first fellowship adventure so I'm no expert. I have already donated a bunch of badges and have around 26 in stock right now waiting to be used when the opportunity comes along. Also I have 4 elegant statues growing and 2 blacksmiths growing, they take time and even though I built a bunch of temporary buildings I'm finding it a grind. The amount of items needed to complete one path alone is a struggle for myself and the others in the fellowship who are taking part.. if we had to complete all 3 paths it would be almost an impossible task for us and a very costly one in both goods and supplies considering the prizes at the end I feel it would be a big ask for everyone to put in all the items and the hours needed to complete it all.. We can't be here 24 hours a day switching production as it ends.. so rather than change it, the main thing is to get those in the fellowship who wish to take part in the event organised and before the event starts at least make sure everyone knows which path you wish to follow.

Please see above quote I sent to Elfini :)

Lady Monica

Spellcaster
Monica :"My suggestion for next time make the teams do ALL the paths. Does not matter which one, but they must complete all paths before the end of the time"
Please explain to me how does that make room for others?
I don't argue with that. It's an honest question, I really want to know.
Room for others?? Not sure what that means. I am just trying to say that the paths should close once finished it would just be easier to decide a what colour. have to go cheers

Jaxom

Alchemist
Fellowship adventures
I have two suggestions for the next time.
1. I noticed a lot of the fs had a hard time deciding which path to take.
My suggestion for next time make the teams do ALL the paths. Does not matter which one, but they must complete all paths before the end of the time. Then they cant revisit the path as it has been completed.
This would save all the bickering that has been going on. I noted a lot of AM are getting very stressed about this and surely it should be fun?
The way it is done is very confusing and even with a nice fs this can happen.
2. The inventory list should be available to all members . Instead of just showing your own it should show all of the inventory. With time zones etc it is very difficult to know what someone has. The spread sheet is OK but not all want to use it. Again a lot of stress is placed on the AM to keep it up dated

Worth considering as it would make it a lot easier for everyone

Cheers
lady Monica
Do all paths - utterly ridiculous!
If developers want smaller fellowships to do these things they should provide a forum capability as they have in Forge of Empires where things like spreadsheets can be EASILY shared. I don't care if you can do that type of thing through Facebook. I will never be on Facebook. The developers know how to provide such an interface, why don't they do it in this game?

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I'm open to any suggestions for change tbh as so far our family of fellowships has struggled on the numbers wanting to do this or sacrificed sanity, the last dregs of energy and stressed out our loyal core of fellows to do this. There is also no real "not do" as there will always be some that dip in and its hard in any good fellowship to see that and not help.

A little more control ingame on this for at least the archmage would be good ... an ability to open or close paths, have a fellowship bag to dip into as needed, some info to try to manage like who did the most badges in a stage, who took part would be good.

Having an open inventory sounds good but if this is the bag we each have then having stuff in the bag isn't the same as it being placed into the FA route as and when needed. There is still the need for the right fellows to be on at the right time (and I'm sure you can understand the issues with that need)

It is a challenge to get enough info in time to see what paths are good/bad and gain informed commitment to estimate whats achievable in good time. We invariably have some that say yes and don't and some that don't say and do and always a small core that do a lot. What I would like to see from Elvenar devs is a little relaxation in the challenge .. an extra day, less badges or better prizes to help us usher this in as a regular good event for the game.

Jaxom

Alchemist
In Forge of Empires you can post a message that has a link to a shared, editable spreadsheet.
If that were possible in this game one could create such a sheet for an adventure, put in what is needed and each player could enter what they are working on. At least you would have an idea what is coming and prioritize efforts.

This ability is possible. InnoGames does it in FoE. There you can create nicely formatted messages with clickable links. But here, two years after release we still fumble with a very lame message system.