• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Cyclable Quests

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
If "cyclable" is a word.

This may have been said before, but I'm new to posting on the forum and this has bugged me for ages.

Is there any tangiable benefit in making us cycle through tasks to get to the one we want (either in the main game or within quests/adventures)? I spend so much time clicking decline (and then also confirming my decline). Could we not just have a drop down box and then select the one we want? It would make it so much less time consuming and so much less annoying.

I'm trying to think of a reason that Inno might want to keep it the way it is, but I can't come up with one.

DeletedUser4528

I'm trying to think of a reason that Inno might want to keep it the way it is, but I can't come up with one.

If you wish to cycle through the quests, then you have the option to do that .
If you want to play the quests in the order they are given, then you have the option to do that .

What is important is that you have the choice, and whichever you chose is right for you at that time.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
With my idea they would still pop up in the same order if (though I can't see why) you would decide to play them in the order they are given. All I am suggesting is that rather than having a drawn out process of clicking decline on each one we should just be able to pick it from a drop down list that pops up.

DeletedUser3542

Inno sets the quests in a specific order that they wanted you to follow, however they were good enough to make it possible to cycle through them if you wanted too, i often do this myself and completed 3 quests in one 3 hour production as i have 9 Elixir factories, one quest pays out 30,000 coins + 3000 supplies for producing 1200 Elixirs, so i click on 3 of them when completed grab the rewards, then i cycle the quests back to the same one before grabbing another 1200 elixirs and rewards, guess what i do next ? yes you got it, i click through the cycle again back to the same quest before grabbing the other 1200 plus rewards.. soooo i walk away with 90,000 coins and 9000 supplies from the one 3 hour production run , just by stop starting the collections thanks to being able to recycle the quest.. oh and i do the same with my 10 workshops too ;) so ok it's a little frustrating maybe to have to keep cycling the quests for the rewards i gain i'm happy to do this :p

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
Inno sets the quests in a specific order that they wanted you to follow, however they were good enough to make it possible to cycle through them if you wanted too, i often do this myself and completed 3 quests in one 3 hour production as i have 9 Elixir factories, one quest pays out 30,000 coins + 3000 supplies for producing 1200 Elixirs, so i click on 3 of them when completed grab the rewards, then i cycle the quests back to the same one before grabbing another 1200 elixirs and rewards, guess what i do next ? yes you got it, i click through the cycle again back to the same quest before grabbing the other 1200 plus rewards.. soooo i walk away with 90,000 coins and 9000 supplies from the one 3 hour production run , just by stop starting the collections thanks to being able to recycle the quest.. oh and i do the same with my 10 workshops too ;) so ok it's a little frustrating maybe to have to keep cycling the quests for the rewards i gain i'm happy to do this :p

You've hit the nail on the head with how you cycle through quests. It's what I do and it's what everyone, to my knowledge, does. I will still keep cycling because I want the rewards, but when everyone knows this and this is what everyone does, it would be nice to just cut out the rigmarole and let us just pick.

DeletedUser1938

If you want to play the quests in the order they are given, then you have the option to do that .

What is important is that you have the choice, and whichever you chose is right for you at that time.
Yes, but it is SO time consuming. I would much prefer a drop down.

DeletedUser4027

I second this suggestion and believe it would help Inno with server traffic. I keep stats for some stupid reason but they come in handy here. I have been in Orcs since August 12, in that time I have completed just over 1500 cyclable quests. Of the 20 I am offered, I have only ever done 12, the other 8 I will never do because they aren't economic.

Here's the thing, there is one quest I cycle for all the time and I have done that 540 odd times, meaning I have done at least 550 cycles in 2 months which equals 11,000 hits on the server. That means that 85% of my quest hits on the server are just wasting resources. Even if I could just permanently decline the 8 I will never do it would save unnecessary traffic.

Timneh

Artisan

I don't see how that statement has any bearing on what the OP said. He never said that there were no options for the quests, he was just saying that it would be much easier if players could choose the one they wanted to do from a drop down list instead of having to keep hitting decline and confirm to get to the one he wanted. That is something that has been asked for in the still broken FA too.

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
I think this a very good idea. We were discussing it in our FS especially during the first FA.
To me it seems like a no-brainer. I think it was designed with the notion that people would play through them in order, but clearly that never happens. I don't think there is any way that the devs can think that it would add to the gaming experience to make people sit and hit decline.

It's just a pity no dev's ever gonna read this. (Sorry - still out of joint after their latest video)

DeletedUser1197

Is there any tangiable benefit in making us cycle through tasks to get to the one we want (either in the main game or within quests/adventures)? I spend so much time clicking decline (and then also confirming my decline). Could we not just have a drop down box and then select the one we want? It would make it so much less time consuming and so much less annoying.

The idea is that a player should not get a reward too easily, thus he must suffer for it by performing meaningless manipulations. :)

DeletedUser1829

Because it wasn't intended for players to cycle quests endlessly as many do. They did try to stop this but retracted the change before it hit live servers. One can only hope they address the quest system before the fellowship adventures which rely on picking a quest that in the current system can only be done with cycling.

DeletedUser1197

upload_2017-10-10_13-2-36.png

DeletedUser5220

omg i havent been playing that long but the above decline picture and the following comment has now let me know that i wont stuff up my quest line if i decline any of them... they just cycle through at another time... mind u i cant be bothered as it drives me NUTS how long it takes... its bad enough with things like the current event thats running having to cycle through them to make sure u dont miss getting the flacons etc... drop down boxes would be WONDERFUL