• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

I've won a Battle!

Ok..we all know battle's are hard/impossible/ridiculous...but....I have managed to win almost a full province (Steel) this week, mostly with my trusted Archers and I'm delighted. At the moment, my Squad Size is 366 (I'm nearly on the Dwarf Chapter) and the enemies squad size was smaller or equal, making it more fairer to win. I don't know if this was a fluke, or because of this week's upgrade, but I did win. However....(there's always 'however) the Silk tournament became much harder for some reason....but I was ok the first two rounds on some of them...not all.

From my experience this week, and I appreciate not everyone will be the same, battles became more manageable (though not in the tournament) and I'm absolutely loving the bit where if you hover over the troops you want to place, the enemies troops you can better win against will 'light' up..that's brilliant, makes it sooooooo much easier than having to remember who is best against whom! I can throw away my printouts now, less clutter in my living room! So thank you Inno so much for that! I'm also loving the Blossom Mage enemy...so easy to kill!! (DO NOT CHANGE THAT!!! LOL)

I know it's early days...I'm scouting a marble province now and the enemy troops there are a nightmare, (Cannoneer and Knight for example) so I'll see how happy I am tomorrow when I go to fight them, but I just wanted to give some hope to those of you who do like to battle.

We've all given out about the upgrades, but Inno are a profit based business and perhaps they were thinking of the bigger picture here, it would not be in their interest to purposely ruin a game and lose money (I fully expect many to disagree with that, I disagree with my own point depending on my mood! lol) I am still very angry with them for not answering my ticket I raised on 4/5th November, and for deleting two of my threads, but credit where credit is due, there have been good changes to the battles too, so do hang in there and give it a chance. All of my troops where annihilated through these upgrades, but I hung in there and this week I saw the change. Onwards and upwards! Let there be blood on the battlefield and not from my troops!!!! ;)

DeletedUser363

The problem I have, along with others in my position, is that the only way we can progress in the game is to negotiate expansions, this means we will always remain further than Inno thinks we should be, therefore we will never win fights again. The only other option is to sell all our buildings, drop down to the bottom of the rankings (not that I'm bothered about rankings, but it wouldn't be a popular move with other fs members) and tfrom scratch with each new guest race. I will never be at a stage that Inno thinks is the right one on the world map unless I do the above for the next several races, so much for play it your own way ..... Inno won't let me:mad:

DeletedUser363

nearly ready to start the woodelves.

I'm glad you are doing better and hope it continues, I have no problem with others enjoying the game...I loved it earlier in the year.

Players like me had months to wait between new sections of the research tree, virtually the only thing to pass the time was scout and clear provinces, now we are penalised for that. There were no events or tournaments, and nothing to keep us in the game if we weren't expanding our range and finding new neighbours. Now we will be hindered for months whilst others will progress past us as they are where Inno has recently decided they should be. Whilst others get more game enjoyment, and those that have played since the start get frustration, disappointment, and really wonder the point of it all now:(

Aw I totally understand how that's just really frustrating and not fair Tikococo..I mean without you guys in the beginning, Elvenar wouldn't be here today! And the mods aren't really taking your situations into consideration as far as I can see on the forum anyway. I just wanted to leave a positive review cos a month ago I really didn't want to continue as it became impossible...now at the moment it's not totally impossible..well for me ;)

DeletedUser330

Well, grats on managing to win a fight...

But, I will never use the troops ever again. Even after the changes have all been implemented, I will never, ever use troops, ever again.

Such a shame. All that "hard work" the devs are doing... is simply just a waste of time.

Pretty sure most of my fellowship is doing the same.
I know that there's a lot of us only have armouries because of Orcs. I am one of them tbh. If it weren't for Orcs, I would delete my armouries.

DeletedUser363

I really do hope it continues a good game for you...when it's good it's fun:)

DeletedUser363

I go for the abstract art idea.....I refuse to have a regimented city that most people say I should (and Inno would prefer I did):p

I go for the abstract art idea.....I refuse to have a regimented city that most people say I should (and Inno would prefer I did):p

I like how you have your residences broken up around the various manufactories, rather than all lumped into the one like most of us...I played with that idea in my head...but didn't apply it....and with space so fricken hard to come by it's hard to re-arrange things...but....not impossible!!

*she begins to rearrange city....... ;)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Well, grats on managing to win a fight...

But, I will never use the troops ever again. Even after the changes have all been implemented, I will never, ever use troops, ever again.

Such a shame. All that "hard work" the devs are doing... is simply just a waste of time.

Pretty sure most of my fellowship is doing the same.
I know that there's a lot of us only have armouries because of Orcs. I am one of them tbh. If it weren't for Orcs, I would delete my armouries.

It's a shame, you ca autocombat yourself quite a bunch of kp and runes together at the tournaments, thats at least where I use my troops at.
Even at the old combat rules, at the world map troop losses were big and negotiations cheap, at the tournaments its the opposith once you reach a certain size and level, it becomes very hard to negotiate but very cheap to fight.

So even in the old day's I simply ignored the world map with my troops and just payed of my provincies, just like I do today.

anyway, grats to the topic starter, you are one of the fw who are able to pull of a feat like that these days.

DeletedUser363

I like how you have your residences broken up around the various manufactories, rather than all lumped into the one like most of us
I decide I was having a realistic UK village......everything muddled up, like in reality:D
I get a lot of criticism for being untidy....but who cares ;)
I also get annoyed at those that say because it is a city building game everything should be regimented:p

DeletedUser

The only other option is to sell all our buildings, drop down to the bottom of the rankings (not that I'm bothered about rankings, but it wouldn't be a popular move with other fs members) and tfrom scratch with each new guest race.
That won't help you Tiko, you'll still have scouted all those provinces, the only way you can be where Inno thinks you should be every time you go into a new guest race would be to restart entirely.

DeletedUser363

every time you go into a new guest race would be to restart entirely.
I know, lovely isn't it Lis.....and the fs wonder why I have got quieter of late.....just keep them updated with info and wondering how much longer I will stay:oops:

DeletedUser330

It's pointless starting new as well tbh.

I have another city that I began, and then left it to rot.

I decided a couple weeks back to log in again.

That city is locked now because of the changes. All I can do on that one, is put factories and workshops on.
I've now abandoned that city for good.

Seeing how things are now jammed in that city so badly, I have a tough time believing that any new players will stick around for more than a couple weeks.
It's no wonder my neighbourhood has so many dead cities with only a main hall and a couple houses in them.

Deleted User - 13667

my explored region left with 50% survival rate. Amongst those that are around, a handful gave up already way ahead after the going back to research started.

Only bright note after multiple updates: the survival rate seems increasing...

I'm still winning some battles...not all for sure...but one or two are winnable. If the enemy squadsize is bigger I don't go near them...but for now the sizes are getting more and more equal. Battle's are not impossible. Again...I fully realize many won't agree/believe/or on the same level as I am, but like I said earlier...a month ago I wanted to quit as there was absolutely no chance of winning. Now there is. Still room for improvement..

PS ... I'm so fed up doing quests for coins and tools....that needs to change cos it really isn't an incentive. I want to win spells..but that's a topic for another thread! ;)

DeletedUser2503

Has anyone else found Elven architect on google it helps you plan your city and it helps with choosing which units and how many against the Bandits. I have started winning again using the battle simulator. although now Im facing Orcs it will be a different picture I suspect. Happy gameing folks ;)

Has anyone else found Elven architect on google it helps you plan your city and it helps with choosing which units and how many against the Bandits. I have started winning again using the battle simulator. although now Im facing Orcs it will be a different picture I suspect. Happy gameing folks ;)
I never knew about that site WiserbyNow....gonna check it out now ...thank you! Orcs can be handles by Trent and Golem ;)