• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

i have something to say about the game

DeletedUser140

hi there all once again, i just want to say i lost the interest in this game already. the ranking is not enough for me to keep playing, it really requires pvp and some quests are a bit misleading in my opinion, because they tell you to build 3 goods factory, what is bad because you going to sell them later or you will not have space to continue upgrading and building new stuff, like other goods factories, when it should guide players to manage the city space evenly and balanced. looking forward for new announcements.

DeletedUser

I agree that this game is very linear, mostly bound to the tech-tree progression and the upgrades being availabe due to new tech.
And maybe not so much 2015 in terms of random actions, fights or complex strategy/diplomacy.
It is just what it is: A beautiful city builder

Maybe hold on and wait for guilds to be implemented soon?

greets Fea

DeletedUser

I think that for this game to take off the ground and really become one of the greats of the genre, I needs so good PvP, as you said, and also to use the baseline that I think we all thought when w saw the game and use it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the elves vs. humans. There's a choice to be made and yet, I can't see anything that should make anyone care about which one it is. Unless of course you think that the elves look dumb, or their buildings look better. As I got a little further into the game (is there a further?) I realized that it is even more pointless then a game like Clash of Clans.

DeletedUser140

besides is pay to win, it sells builders only to the people who pay money to play, the people who dont pay will always be behind, treated as garbage, the dumbs. i hate pay to win games, im leaving this game.

DeletedUser195

No need to leave, I spent $19.99 in my Human world. Found out that I did not need to do that. There is no reward for spending money in this game, just that you will be able to finish quicker and you can get more expansions, thus making your organized city that much prettier.

DeletedUser21

besides is pay to win, it sells builders only to the people who pay money to play, the people who dont pay will always be behind, treated as garbage, the dumbs. i hate pay to win games, im leaving this game.

I'm sorry to hear that you have decided to leave the game. I do respect the fact that all players are entitled to their own opinions about the game but I would like to point out to other players that there is no such obligation for any player to purchase premium features whilst playing Elvenar.

DeletedUser66

Cannot see what all the fuss is about, players have their progression hindered by the tech tree, and it'll cost way too much money for any player to use diamonds to unlock a lot of it.

I have three builders which most times sit dormant since I don't have anything to upgrade because I'm waiting for knowledge points to advance further. In fact, I've sat like this for a week with nothing but resources to collect.

DeletedUser105

Unlike a lot of browser games you can build up your city knowing that nobody is going to tear it all apart simply because they have bigger cities or more allies. I've played many games like Grepolis and Tribal Wars in both of which without the support of friends I would have lost all my cities. I can leave this game for a few hours or even a day or two knowing that everything will be here when I return. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is the kind of game you can play amongst others and there is no need to be hyper critical because it doesn't appeal to you.

I too have just three builders and I have no need for any more but my builders are constantly occupied upgrading whatever building as required. I follow the quests as they occur even though some are retrospective.

DeletedUser

I think that this is definitely a very artistic game and I have come down hard upon it, but it is different and appeals to more, or different people for that reason.

DeletedUser

I play in FOE and I also played in The West. This has been the one I love. Its better in some ways and I see it getting better in other ways. Just hang in there and see were it goes. I fight in this game were I only auto fight in FOE. Its helping in the FOE game to new what to fight and what not to fight. I will play this game and not FOE because I am enjoying this game more.

DeletedUser

In this game the fighting system is slow and unresponsive with no tutorial. The characters seem uncontrollable and it lags to the point were the game freezes.

DeletedUser

I don't understand posts like this, like who are you competing against other than yourself? the object of the game isn't to be the best, it's to take pleasure in slowly working towards a functioning town/city that you worked to create. There is no "Win" or "Lose" scenario because you are not competing against anyone else. Like say someone has more houses or a bigger army than you then so what? it doesn't affect you because you work at your own pace and that's what I find to be one of the nice things about this game. If everything was just handed to you at the start you'd be bored. It's not a game about competing it's a game about personal development and how well you plan ahead and learn from your mistakes. I haven't paid a penny yet and I don't feel like I have been treated like I am "garbage" or "dumb", in fact I am really enjoying the game because of the fact that I don't feel the need to be competing and besides even if you did pay for builders someone will still always be ahead of you because they have the advantage of time since they have been here longer so even if you had 100 builders your next complaint would probably be "Well it's not fair, all those people joined before me so had more time so I think the game should be reset so we all start again". You do realize you sound like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory singing "I Want It Now!"? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

In this game the fighting system is slow and unresponsive with no tutorial. The characters seem uncontrollable and it lags to the point were the game freezes.
This game freezes when I am try to help my friends and I hope it will get fixed soon. It also does not help that I can not see my city when I get back to it after the freez

DeletedUser219

This game freezes when I am try to help my friends and I hope it will get fixed soon. It also does not help that I can not see my city when I get back to it after the freez
Halbes, when the Flash player locks up when visiting, sometimes you have to close the browser before logging back in. I don't blame the devs for this, I blame Adobe. The devs are just pushing the limits of what the software can do, and more power to them! :p

DeletedUser

The game is still brand new, bug fixing continues, upgrading and so on. So far I like this game. The art work is awesome, the story line is interesting. I think I'm gonna be here for so long.

DeletedUser291

Unlike a lot of browser games you can build up your city knowing that nobody is going to tear it all apart simply because they have bigger cities or more allies. I've played many games like Grepolis and Tribal Wars in both of which without the support of friends I would have lost all my cities. I can leave this game for a few hours or even a day or two knowing that everything will be here when I return. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is the kind of game you can play amongst others and there is no need to be hyper critical because it doesn't appeal to you.

I too have just three builders and I have no need for any more but my builders are constantly occupied upgrading whatever building as required. I follow the quests as they occur even though some are retrospective.

I totally agree with Arthurmo. I've played several games where you wake up and suddenly your weeks or months of efforts are completely vanished. I'll never play Grepolis, Tribal Wars or Travian again due to that unfair factor. Not a good way to keep players, who can't be online every minute of the day maintaining their city or village.

Anyhow, that being said, I really like this game so far. Yes, it gets tedious and slow at times (what browser game doesn't?) but it has promise and so far it's been fun. I've been playing Forge of Empires for several years now and love that game too. A steady, standby game where I know my village will still be there if I can't tend to it for a few hours or overnight. The same holds true for Elvenar.

One thing disturbs be though, I understand that a character/account/village will disappear if a player becomes inactive. Does a player's village become active again if they resume playing, let's say, after a couple of months? Please advise.

I'd also like to know if there's a way to change a player's world. Or if there's some way to delete a character and begin again. Please respond. Thanks. :)

DeletedUser

I totally agree with Arthurmo. I've played several games where you wake up and suddenly your weeks or months of efforts are completely vanished. I'll never play Grepolis, Tribal Wars or Travian again due to that unfair factor. Not a good way to keep players, who can't be online every minute of the day maintaining their city or village.

Anyhow, that being said, I really like this game so far. Yes, it gets tedious and slow at times (what browser game doesn't?) but it has promise and so far it's been fun. I've been playing Forge of Empires for several years now and love that game too. A steady, standby game where I know my village will still be there if I can't tend to it for a few hours or overnight. The same holds true for Elvenar.

One thing disturbs be though, I understand that a character/account/village will disappear if a player becomes inactive. Does a player's village become active again if they resume playing, let's say, after a couple of months? Please advise.

I'd also like to know if there's a way to change a player's world. Or if there's some way to delete a character and begin again. Please respond. Thanks. :)

The answers are here

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/restart.350/

DeletedUser3

Hi Hodgepodge and welcome to the forum :)

A player's city will only be deleted if they are inactive for more than 30 days. Additionally, since the update to 0.19, if a player has reached at least the 3rd segment of the tech tree, their city will not be deleted, even after 30 days of inactivity.

I'd also like to know if there's a way to change a player's world. Or if there's some way to delete a character and begin again. Please respond. Thanks

For now, there is only 1 world here on Elvenar International. However, there are many other versions of Elvenar on which you may also have an account. Our other English speaking versions are the US version (which currently has 2 worlds) and the Beta (test) version. The other language versions are listed in these 2 announcements:

New language versions!
More new language versions!

It is not possible for a player to delete their character and begin again, but there are a couple of ways to achieve this. The first, for a single world (if you have not yet reached the 3rd segment of the tech tree) is to simply not play on that world for more than 30 days. Your account will then be deleted automatically. Should you wish to delete your cities in every world on the same language version, please contact support and we can tell you how to do this.

DeletedUser291

Hi Hodgepodge and welcome to the forum :)

A player's city will only be deleted if they are inactive for more than 30 days. Additionally, since the update to 0.19, if a player has reached at least the 3rd segment of the tech tree, their city will not be deleted, even after 30 days of inactivity.

Can you specify where the 3rd Segment of the Tech Tree begins?