• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Message NOTifications

Sir Derf

Adept
I've twice now today come back to my game tab to find the red numeric prompt on my Messages icon, indicating that I had new messages, only to open the window and find no new messages. Anyone else?

kimkimkim

Summoner
After seeing the red number showing I have a message, I open to find that such messages are loading....then I refresh game and find they are there now

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
The issue that @kimkimkim mentioned is currently being investigated and (we're hoping) resolved soon :)

What you're experiencing could be an add on from that @Sir Derf but we've not been made aware of that particular issue!

Fingers crossed everything gets back to normal very soon.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I think it's all the KP swap threads that put unnecessary pressure on the system. They aren't even the best system out there, the only benefit is that players that use it the most get the most out of it leaving others short changed. Years back when we couldn't see the value of the chests, swap threads went around it but now it's much easier just to ask fellows to grab the chests.
I don't think that Inno's very happy that KP swap threads are still popular. Now, they even have to invest their time into fixing something that is caused by players keeping habits that aren't necessary or efficient any more.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I'm curious when will be solved cause in Beta was confirmed in the first days of September and to this day they couldn't find a solution.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I'm curious when will be solved cause in Beta was confirmed in the first days of September and to this day they couldn't find a solution.
only Inno knows....it could take as long as the trader freezing issue, which was finally fixed over a month after first complaint....

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I believe not even Inno knows what's going on, otherwise would have been fixed by now. :D :D :D

It's not only about knowing what is going on, it's also about the resources needed to fix it and whether they are worth it. Also they might have something more important in the works like a new chapter. Either way I think that they're quite smart and know what they are doing.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Maybe an unfair assessment, but some people might consider that people who know what they are doing wouldn't produce the problem in the first place...

Any new change to the game affects some of the existing functions. I personally would expect problems happening whenever I change something, the question is how big the problem will be and the details of it. The only way to fully prevent problems is not to change anything at all once something is "perfect" but that's very backwards as the rest of the industry keeps changing, players get bored with doing same things over and over etc.
Also it's much more efficient to wait for a problem to happen and then deal with it than analysing the whole game and try to prevent something that might be a problem. It's really hard to test something before thousands of people start using it.

OldHag

Necromancer
I think @Silly Bubbles might be onto something. For myself, it seems to be when multiple messages are rapidly posted, within seconds of each other, and that's more often than not, the swap threads.

Sir Derf

Adept
Or... and hear me out... If he is on to something, he is on to something completely different...

My report has nothing to do with swap threads, or multiple messages. While my fellowship has partaken of swap threads in the past, we've always been a laid-back group, and the current crop of fellows hasn't really taken to them the time or two I've tried reintroducing them. I do not have an active message queue. My two most recent messages are 2 and 4 weeks old.

So, while it is possible that there is some issue with overactive message queues, that has nothing to do with my observed odd behavior.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Or... and hear me out... If he is on to something, he is on to something completely different...

My report has nothing to do with swap threads, or multiple messages. While my fellowship has partaken of swap threads in the past, we've always been a laid-back group, and the current crop of fellows hasn't really taken to them the time or two I've tried reintroducing them. I do not have an active message queue. My two most recent messages are 2 and 4 weeks old.

So, while it is possible that there is some issue with overactive message queues, that has nothing to do with my observed odd behavior.

It's not just your FS and your messages that affect the speed and function of your message box. You're not isolated from the rest of the game.

PS: He's a "she" (bummer the truth is out now! :D)

m4rt1n

Adept
Are we talking about chat messages, happens to me a lot, and I see my message as the last recently, however, the message system also has issues, in the past week on several occasions, I have had the first few load, then the rest get stuck at loading with a date 01/01/1970

Sir Derf

Adept
Or... and hear me out... it could be literally anything else.

Other than we both be talkin' 'bout messages, there is no evidence that links them together. Do you happen to know that a massive spike in swap messages took place between the last time I looked at my screen, and the appearance of the erroneous new message indicator? No? Then I politely suggest that we not try and combine things that might not be related.

And no, this thread was not started on the basis of chat. My OP was describing the indicator on the envelope icon for messages.