• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Zoom not working anymore

DeletedUser417

Game version:
index.php

Game world: Winyandor and Arendyll
Browser + version: Edge 25.10586.0.0
Flash Player version: 20.0.0.228
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Account name: Narquelion
Humans or Elves: Elves
Hardware Acceleration: ON
Reproducibility: 5/5

Can't find any posts about this so here it is:
Zoom in and out doesn't work anymore in Windows Edge using the mousewheel. Removed cookies, no results. Someone suggested to try the mouse pad but I don't have a mouse pad, I'm on a desktop using the oldfashioned mouse with a wheel :p Noticed we weren't able to zoom in anymore but now my city on Arendyll is zoomed in and I can't zoom out.

Note: It's working fine in Chrome Version 47.0.2526.106 m so using that for now.

DeletedUser815

Hi Narquelion,

Does the zoom function work in your Edge browser when you select it from the options (the gear icon bottom left of the screen) or is it just the mouse wheel zoom that is not working?

DeletedUser417

Browser zooming option is working fine but i'm not gonna click that every time because it delays. So please fix it ;) It's the wheel.

DeletedUser248

Hey Narquelion,

Have you tried holding down the CTRL key while scrolling up/down with your mouse wheel?

If that doesn't seem to help, try going to settings -> devices -> mouse and touchpad -> "scroll inactive windows when I hover over them" is "ON" by default. Try switching it off and rebooting, once you've rebooted go back to mouse and touchpad it turn it back on. Let us know if neither of those options work for you. :)

- Lane

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser417

Have you tried holding down the CTRL key while scrolling up/down with your mouse wheel?

This works, brilliant! But..... it makes chat smaller as well. Very hard to read then.

DeletedUser417

After my login just now it's not completely zoomed in anymore. Browser zoom is on 100% like before but city isn't looking huge now lol I think after the CTRL+scrolling the wheel kinda unlocked the in-game zoom.

DeletedUser815

Thank you Lane and Narquelion :)

Can I now take it that the problem is solved?

DeletedUser248

Excellent, glad it worked! :)

Everything seems to be back to normal now?

PS: Quit reading my mind Avatrix and posting at the same time as I do. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser417

Everything seems to be back to normal now?

Not really, I used to be able to zoom in and out with mouse wheel in Edge. That's not possible anymore. Today it got stuck on the zoom in, so everything was quite large, now it's zoomed out. But looking at buildings in detail is no longer possible for me in Edge. Weird, because in Chrome it's just fine, the thing with Chrome is: the game over all is slower. Not gonna use Firefox, I don't like that browser lol And I know there are more browsers out there but I really like Edge :D

DeletedUser815

Thank you for replying Narquelion,

We will attempt to reproduce the issue of the non working mouse wheel. Perhaps we need to add 3 more and make it a 4 wheel drive :D

Jokes aside. We will try and reproduce it.

Quit reading my mind Avatrix and posting at the same time as I do. :p
How I wish for that ability... *sigh*... Thanks for the assist Lane :)

DeletedUser248

Not really, I used to be able to zoom in and out with mouse wheel in Edge. That's not possible anymore. Today it got stuck on the zoom in, so everything was quite large, now it's zoomed out. But looking at buildings in detail is no longer possible for me in Edge. Weird, because in Chrome it's just fine, the thing with Chrome is: the game over all is slower. Not gonna use Firefox, I don't like that browser lol And I know there are more browsers out there but I really like Edge :D

You owe me one, I just reached into the depths of my closet to get my mouse out. ;) Hehe. Jk.

But anyways, my mouse wheel seems to be working correctly for zooming in/out on MS Edge. Have you tried clearing your cache through settings? If not, try that and see if it forgets that nag and lets you wheel around again. :)

- Lane

DeletedUser417

Have you tried clearing your cache through settings?

I did, and just now I did it again, plus I did a clean with CCleaner and I did a Disk Clean in Windows, update was waiting for me so Windows update as well and rebooted. Still not working.

DeletedUser248

I did, and just now I did it again, plus I did a clean with CCleaner and I did a Disk Clean in Windows, update was waiting for me so Windows update as well and rebooted. Still not working.

Seems my hubby is having the same issue.

Are you both using Edge and the same computer or different computers?

Also, have you tried the other method I wrote above about the settings and rebooting? I can't seem to get this to replicate on my end. :(

- Lane

DeletedUser417

Ha! Found the solution. I hold left mouse button and then scroll with wheel, and it's working for hubby too, problem solved! :D

DeletedUser

I had that a while ago in firefox. On loading the game, it was zoomed right in and at first scrolling did nothing. I found that after I rolled the wheel back and forth a few times and clicked in the town randomly, it eventually "unblocked" and I could scroll as per usual. However, it stopped happening as suddenly as it started :D

DeletedUser815

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your contributions in trying to assist with this issue :) We are unfortunately unable to reproduce it, so if anyone else has a similar problem with a mousewheel that does not want to zoom ingame, then please reply to this thread with as much details as possible using the bug report template(click).