• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You know you've played too much Elvenar...

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
When you are checking your cable TV menu, and you stop by an unknown movie called "Orcs!" and you watch it for five minutes for the sake of it (that movie exists haha, precisely we saw it on the menu haha.)

Sir Derf

Adept
...the City Council will not approve your request for a building permit to repair your roof until you install a 7th shed in your back yard.

Sir Derf

Adept
...you go the University Registrar's office to inquire "Which class do I sign up for to receive a Province Expansion?"

Sir Derf

Adept
...you wonder why your local softball league doesn't schedule it's games at 16-hour intervals? I mean, it just makes logical sense...

DeletedUser9211

When you realise the AM was right to suggest a break for the scrolls tourney on Christmas Day- your mobile has vanished whilst stuffing the turkey.

DeletedUser9211

... then when you have finally extricated the phone from the stuffing, and cleaned it up, you sms everyone saying lunch will be a little later- you can’t resist getting a few more rounds of the tournament done.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
When you go to Home Depot and say "I am going to need 200.000 planks, please. I need to level up my outdoor bathroom."

And here comes another:

When you are walking on the street and everybody wears masks, and thinking "The Corona Portal is level 3 already", and all citizens changed as with chapter change, now wearing masks hehe. Sanitized residences: Don't change in size nor shape nor orientation. Ups gold and pop as usual: "Now, all homes are provided with hand sanitizers, face masks, gloves, and guidelines, increasing our healthy and active population."

Sir Derf

Adept
...you are deep into a Fellowship Adventure and have considered stealing the sash from a Girl Scout. Given all those cookies they sell, they have to be flush in Baker's Guild badges at the least.

Sir Derf

Adept
...you campaign AGAINST building a new playground at your park, arguing that you'll learn a new, better style of playground next month.

Sir Derf

Adept
Apologies, this a long one, but I feel the need to share this one. The following is an actual series of messages I sent in our Fellowship Chat.

Context. We're doing the Fellowship adventure, and I started off by cheerleading what our current needs are...

Looking for 2 Carpenters, 3 Potions and 2 Hats. Next wnats 1 Brewer (I'll have 1 in 15 minutes), 6 Flacons and 4 Guards (I have 1).

*15 minutes later*

I'm sure everyone was holding their breath, but I *hic* got that pesky Brewer.

Only *hic* to drink another 2600 of those ales in 6 days.

2600 drinks in 150 hours... That's... *scribble, scribble, carry the one* 17.3 drinks an hour.

I hope I'm one of those Lord of The Rings Elves, because 17.3 drinks an hour, that's some Blood Alcohol Content there...

Wow, looked up a BAC chart... it doesn't go past 10 drinks in an hour.

I think, for my IRL human weight, in that first hour, I'd be .38, or nearly 5 times the legal limit.

Extrapolating waaaaayyyyy beyond acceptable limits, if I continued to gain .38 every hour, and metabolize .015 every hour, if I continued, after 150 hours, I would have a BAC of 54.75

My Blood would be half alcohol. My BLood would be 100 proof. A shot of my blood could almost get a lightweight legall drunk.

And this is the quality conversation that we have in this Fellowship.

Also, you must be over 21 to drink from the punchbowl of unlabeled red refreshment that has now mysteriously appeared in the break room.

*a little later*

Ohhhhh, it's even worse than I thought...

I might only need to drink 2600 within 150 hours, and so only have to drink 17.3 an hour, that's not what I'm currently doing...

I'm drinking 10 drinks every 5 minutes...

I'm drinking 120 drinks an hour.

That's an estimated BAC in an hour of..... 3. Not .03. Bot .3. 3

At that rate, I'll have drunk 2600 in 21.6 hours. At which point my BAC would be 64.675.

*a little later*

Oh, thank God! Fatality usually occurs at around a BAC of .4. That's under 10 minutes. I died almost an hour ago

I wonder what the consequences of eating 10 loaves of bread an hour would be?

Only 3 more potions...

Oh god, I hope potions aren't alcohol based. Someone pass me a Witch Hat, I think I need to empty my cauldron, if you know what I mean...

Maillie

Spellcaster
When you tell your friends to come over, but not to bother with bringing any beer. "I've already set up 50 workshops and they'll be done in 5 minutes."

kurgkurg

Conjurer
If I read NASA´s post on Facebook: "How much exposure time did it take to capture the Hubble Ultra Deep Field image?", then I long time can´t figure out, of what building of Elvenar goes this talk.

Sir Derf

Adept
...when you wonder at the depths of your mayoral failures to protect your citizens. Apparently, I have no problem allowing residences with occupancies of 3,900 in one building and workshops that employee 4,375 people under one roof. Heck, my own administration currently operates with 15,016 bureaucrats in my Main Hall.

DeletedUser3305

..When landscaping the yard for some serious Culture Bonus.