• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Other Yearly Reset

Sigyn

Spellcaster
I had an idea as i was rearranging my buildings the other day that it would be really amazing if just once a year you could have the option to remove everything to your inventory and replan your whole city.
I know part of the challenge/fun is making things fit into the least amount of space possible while mazimising your population, culture and goods BUT it wouldnt really negate that if you had the rebuild option only once a year.....in fact i honestly think it would enhance the game as your city changes so much from your original plan it would help you get everything in order and appreciate it more.
What do others players think?

Pauly7

Magus
Personally I wouldn't like it as I like to think of my city as developing rather than being rebuilt and reorganised. I'm in the minority I know, but I don't think Inno would go for it either as the main challenge is to be able to organise your city with the resources available.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I'm not a fan of this idea, but that's just me....I play with the bare minimums in my city, I'm in Constructs atm, so space is not a problem for me when it comes to rearranging everything....I head on over to elven architect, plan my city for the next chapter and wait until my current guest race is removed then I set my city for the next chapter...no storage needed here

Hekata

Artisan
Between the teleport spells and elven architect that lets you to preplan/replan your city I don't see it as something very useful. But if it's just a possibility and not something that happens automatically, why not. Maybe some people would like it. I know I would't use it.

Julian

Sorcerer
Sigyn, my guess is you're in the first 5 chapters. Once you get to the guest races, you'll have lots of space to move things around between each chapter.

kimkimkim

Summoner
@Sigyn ......if space is what you are looking for in your city so that you can rearrange freely....ask yourself if you really need 20 travelling merchants and non boosted factories......your boosted factories can gain all your non boosted goods by trading for them

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I'm not a fan of this idea, but that's just me....I play with the bare minimums in my city, I'm in Constructs atm, so space is not a problem for me when it comes to rearranging everything....I head on over to elven architect, plan my city for the next chapter and wait until my current guest race is removed then I set my city for the next chapter...no storage needed here

Exactly, it is what I do.

Sigyn

Spellcaster
@Sigyn ......if space is what you are looking for in your city so that you can rearrange freely....ask yourself if you really need 20 travelling merchants and non boosted factories......your boosted factories can gain all your non boosted goods by trading for them
Yes ive got rid of my non boosted manufactories, but i find that it does help to have the merchants as a reserve because quite often plank, silk and gem trades take ages even when i put on 3 star trades

Sigyn

Spellcaster
From a personal point of view i do suffer from OCD which if you have seen my city you can probably tell, it would just be nice to have a complete rearrange....but i get that its not everybodies cup of tea, which is why i thought maybe just once annually you could have that option if you wanted....say as an anniversary present so the option was only there for 24hrs. If you didnt want to then you wouldn't have to but if you did then its there. Also ive just reached the dwarven chapter and I'd really like to have all my guest races stuff in one sector which means a whole mess around :)

m4rt1n

Adept
From a personal point of view i do suffer from OCD which if you have seen my city you can probably tell, it would just be nice to have a complete rearrange....but i get that its not everybodies cup of tea, which is why i thought maybe just once annually you could have that option if you wanted....say as an anniversary present so the option was only there for 24hrs. If you didnt want to then you wouldn't have to but if you did then its there. Also ive just reached the dwarven chapter and I'd really like to have all my guest races stuff in one sector which means a whole mess around :)

You need to have the guest race set up in one area anyway, as it all needs to be connected somehow, and more compactly together the further you progress to some extent.

You can play a game of shuffle once you have space to move things. I in the early chapters have even been known to delete and rebuild roads to shuffle and order my city. Way before any teleport spells etc existed.

Hekata

Artisan
Yes ive got rid of my non boosted manufactories, but i find that it does help to have the merchants as a reserve because quite often plank, silk and gem trades take ages even when i put on 3 star trades
Maybe you are in a bad neighbourhood -one with few active players? Make sure that the option to automatically move you to a better position is ON in settings. It might take a while for the system to move you but eventually it will. A good neighbourhood makes a huge difference in trading. Just as much as a good fellowship.

Sigyn

Spellcaster
Maybe you are in a bad neighbourhood -one with few active players? Make sure that the option to automatically move you to a better position is ON in settings. It might take a while for the system to move you but eventually it will. A good neighbourhood makes a huge difference in trading. Just as much as a good fellowship.
Your absolutely right when i logged on today there were only 3 trades and all no star.....where is the auto move option?

Hekata

Artisan
It's in settings - the little cogwheel at the bottom right of tour screen. But I think you can only access that auto-move option from the PC/browser version of the game, it's not available in the app. In the browser version you need to go cogwheel > little cogwheel > account.

Pauly7

Magus
Make sure that the option to automatically move you to a better position is ON in settings. It might take a while for the system to move you but eventually it will.
I'm not so sure anymore. Back in about August 2017 I got moved, as did most of the people I know at the same time. Since then neighbourhoods have gradually deteriorated and I don't know anyone who's managed to get moved since.

Hekata

Artisan
I'm not so sure anymore. Back in about August 2017 I got moved, as did most of the people I know at the same time. Since then neighbourhoods have gradually deteriorated and I don't know anyone who's managed to get moved since.
They have improved the system not long ago. This was a release note on Beta from February. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/release-notes-version-1-99.14578/ I don't remember them giving this info on our forum but I suppose it does apply to all servers by now. In any case I know of a city that has been moved about a month ago after waiting for a very long time so it does work... in slow and mysterious ways.

Pauly7

Magus
Yeah I remember these changes being announced. What followed shortly after is bucketloads of inactive cities being removed from everyone's areas. We thought maybe this would be the start of some progress, but as it turned out it was still only the very smallest cities they were removing (perhaps they moved the threshold slightly.) By and by all the vacant spaces got filled up, but only by new starter cities, which we know 95% of go inactive after day 1.

So the upshot was my neighbourhood still has the same amount of inactive players as before, albeit perhaps more of them are a little smaller than previously. The one I always check on is a neighbour of mine who left the game just after I moved to this area (so about September 2017). I think the city was in chapter 5 and he was one of those who knocked down his whole city before he left... That city is still there to this day.

Sorry @Sigyn, this has gone way off-topic.

Hekata

Artisan
Yes, it's pretty much what I see in my neighbourhood too. To me it looks like now the system prioritise giving those "good" spots to new cities in the hope that some of them will stick and that the moving of existing active/inactive cities is secondary.

@Sigyn it does happen though, you just need check if the auto-move option is activated and be very, very, very patient. In the meantime try to join a good, active FS.

Pauly7

Magus
To me it looks like now the system prioritise giving those "good" spots to new cities in the hope that some of them will stick and that the moving of existing active/inactive cities is secondary.
The reason is that they hope to tempt those players back to the game, but if that's the case they should at least move them all to the outside if they have been inactive more than 3 months. They should prioritise keeping the players that they still have interested.

Hekata

Artisan
The reason is that they hope to tempt those players back to the game, but if that's the case they should at least move them all to the outside if they have been inactive more than 3 months. They should prioritise keeping the players that they still have interested.
I don't see how they expect to tempt them back. (Maybe an e-mail: "Your citizens miss you! Come back and we'll give you a free expansion and a bonus of 500 diamonds!" :D) Most of the inactive cities in my neighbourhood have been inactive since I was moved here and that was also in 2017 I think. Moving them to the outside does seem like a fair solution. If someone does comes back they can have priority on the "to move" list.

Pauly7

Magus
That's exactly what they do... I couldn't decide if you knew that or if it was a joke. Occasionally people do pop back in to spend their free diamonds so perhaps they get an occasional hit that way.