• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Wouldn't it be nice?

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I have finished all the current chapters and always finish the Spire and as much tournament as I feel like -which is why you need to do all the chapters It is how you upgrade your troops to win the battles

I haven't seen much difference in my Spire or tourney performance either when I progress through the chapters. I'm now in Chapter 18. If anything they have improved a little but that's probably due to other things. I do have a very small number of AW upgrades as I started a new city and thought that I'll try a different strategy so I don't know whether that's got something to do with that.

Pauly7

Magus
The further you progress, the impact of progression gets smaller. The tournament formula multiplies AW levels, techs completed and expansions taken. When you are at a point when one of those numbers is quite small, then increasing it by one has a huge impact on the formula (i.e. if you have 1 AW level, but suddenly increase it to 2, that will make things much harder immediately). If you are in chapter 18 and already have hundreds of AW levels and most of the expansions, then anything you do makes a very small difference.... and yet, it is a difference. Ultimately it will be getting harder - most likely - unless you are being ultra careful about which AWs you own and how many expansions you are placing, etc.

Booff

Alchemist
Well I guess it's just me that finds it all easy now that I've learned how to fight and when to cater but I suppose others find it challenging

Pauly7

Magus
Well I guess it's just me that finds it all easy now that I've learned how to fight and when to cater but I suppose others find it challenging
That's just you getting better at playing the game. That's a whole different scale!

Turing

Bard
... When you are at a point when one of those numbers is quite small, then increasing it by one has a huge impact on the formula (i.e. if you have 1 AW level, but suddenly increase it to 2, that will make things much harder immediately)....

That's rather misleading since the formula multiplies by (300 + AW levels). So you need to go from no AW to 300 levels to double the squad size and cater cost in the tournament. And 300 levels is quite a lot - most people will take years to get there.

Gargon667

Mentor

That is the explanation for you being more successful, it doesn´t mean that tourneys/spire get easier. It just means you learn faster than tourneys got harder. But imagine how well you would do learning and at the same time playing an easier tournament in comparison!

And btw this is quite a common thing, people learn :) Not all of them, but many do, but that is not to be confounded with how hard the tourney is, that is quite a different story.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
That's rather misleading since the formula multiplies by (300 + AW levels). So you need to go from no AW to 300 levels to double the squad size and cater cost in the tournament. And 300 levels is quite a lot - most people will take years to get there.

It seems that it's targeted to punish push accounts to prevent people from upgrading their AWs too quickly. Unfortunately, it makes it harder for long term players too. I don't think that it's noticeable much when people naturally progress through the game.

SkyRider99

Mentor
...if people want to play through chapters for other reasons, but don't be under any illusion that it's helping tournament / spire performance, because it isn't.
I can confirm that Pauly7 :cool:

You make a good point. I'm still a 'chapter devotee' though :)

SkyRider99

Mentor

So if I sell a couple of AWs I can offset the affect of upgrading the more valuable ones?

Just wondering. Thanks for the formula info.

For me a holiday means bigger time gaps between events and FA-s. It is my 5th year here and I can't deny that this game is taking more and more our time now, when one event ends and next one starts right after it. It wasn't anything like that, when I started to play... I mean, we have already tournament and Spire every week and those two take also lots of time and energy. Why do we need events so often now too?

Another great thing I really miss was something we called a crazy day, when all manufactories produced all day much more goods, than they normally produce. That was a real party to everyone.

Sudders

Adventurer
For me a holiday means bigger time gaps between events and FA-s. It is my 5th year here and I can't deny that this game is taking more and more our time now, when one event ends and next one starts right after it. It wasn't anything like that, when I started to play... I mean, we have already tournament and Spire every week and those two take also lots of time and energy. Why do we need events so often now too?

Another great thing I really miss was something we called a crazy day, when all manufactories produced all day much more goods, than they normally produce. That was a real party to everyone.

I like the sound of that. I also like a gap after I finish a chapter. The chapters are so long and hard to finish now I need a break at the end. I am hoping the new chapter won't appear for a while! (Hopefully in the new year!)

Gargon667

Mentor
So if I sell a couple of AWs I can offset the affect of upgrading the more valuable ones?

Just wondering. Thanks for the formula info.

Yes, that is exactly what it means. keep the good ones and max them, get rid of the others and improve your performance for free :)

Gargon667

Mentor

It has been a very long time ago that it was any different though...
I think it mainly depends on why you play each of the events. If you think about it you may find those that you don´t really have a reason to play, so just ignore them and create your own holiday!

If you play events for the rewards you can safely ignore both FAs and individual events, if you´re interested in team work, play FAs, but ignore individual events and so on...

I see no point in Inno artificially lowering the number of events and limiting my choices. If anything I wouldn´t mind them inventing a few new things!! That way I ccould always pick and choose what I like best rather than having to play stuff I am only mildly interested , just because there is nothing else to do (as I currently do with the individual events).