• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

World Map Player Movement Changes

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Laurelin I've had a chat with the Team and as it stands, things are going to continue as they are for the moment (in the sense of forced movement) as there are still some moves to be made. I have asked if there is any estimated date to return to normal? But nothing has been confirmed just yet. If I hear anything more I shall let you know :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Gargon667

Mentor
@Herodite : Sorry to bother you again, but now that it's close to 10 days after the 'Big Move', are we likely to see any further significant Map moves? I've tried to gather what info I can from this and the US Forum, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on the answer to this question. I've seen a few additional moves happening in my Map area after the initial large move, but most of those appear to have occurred two days ago (i.e. on the 'usual' Map move day, Monday), so I really can't tell whether or not the 'Big Move' is complete. Many thanks in advance if you can help me out on this!

Define big?
I would guess we are just doing the weekly ones now? But I doubt there is a way to tell the difference, unless of course moves happen on other days than Monday...

Gargon667

Mentor
Gargon667.. The money pits were a group all to one side. My partner had 20 total in several clusters all around her. Today we got moved, at least MOST of our neighbours are new. Some of them still have cities called 'inactive', which is a clue the algorithm didn't pick up on.i guess a money pit is just more 'in your face annoying' than an equivalent moribund city, which you can at least visit.

''don't move me' is not an option on the app. Not sure it is, an option anywhere these days.

Congrats on the move!

Just because a city is called inactive, doesn´t mean anything, one of my neighbours is called "taking a break", they are clearly taking their break at my place as they come visiting every day :D

rock stream

Scholar
What's the status on the forced move? Has anyone see any activity? Are we going to get our move button back? Questions that's all I got as time goes by:)

Debs21

Bard
How long do we all have to wait to be moved on the world map..?..Most of my neighbours have been just coins for the past few week.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
HI @Debs21 im going to merge this Thread with the existing one we have concerning Map Movement, but in answer to your question, the movements are still continuing over the next couple of weeks so you should begin to see some changes. The mass movements are happening now every Monday (rather than every few days like before) Fingers crossed you start seeing some nice activity popping up soon! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

rock stream

Scholar
the movements are still continuing over the next couple of weeks
Just to be clear, player movements will happen on Mondays from now on. A player has no control over being moved on the map. It could happen at any time. With the exception of the first move, all future moves will be an improvement to your current location (closer to the centre of the map).

It appears the game is attempting to establish an ratio of 50% active, including new players, for all players locations on the map. Has anyone been relocated to to an area on the map with higher activity?

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Herodite : Firstly, many thanks for your consistently helpful replies on the subject of player Map movements. To save you (or anyone else!) having to read through the whole thread in order to find out why I'm replying again, I'm just following up on my post in December, in which I said:
I'm still in the process of gathering data on what has actually happened (and is now happening) in my own Map area.

I now have information on the player moves which have occurred in my own local Map area from late December 2021 until now (i.e. about a month's worth of data), which I think is probably enough to allow me to make a fairly useful analysis of my local City moves during this time. However, and as previously mentioned, it will take quite some time both to analyse and then to compile all of this data into a useful format for posting here, so before I start working on that, I hope you won't mind answering a couple more questions?

[...] the Mass Moves are still ongoing however, I have been informed that they will only be taking place on Mondays over the coming weeks into New Year.
Q1. : Since we are close to February now, is the original 'Big Move' now considered effectively finished, with the ongoing level of Map movement now being the current and future standard, or are the 'Mass Moves' which you mention still occurring, meaning that the movements I've seen over the past month or so are still not representative of what we can expect to see on a routine basis in future?

Q.2 : Are Map moves still meant to be taking place [mainly?] once a week, on Mondays, or has a different system of movement been implemented?

The desired effect of the recent and ongoing moves will (eventually) bring all Active Players towards each other, thus creating a far more active neighbourhood for Trade and Neighbourly Help. All inactive cities, will be moved to the outskirts.
Q3. : Please could you clarify whether the system is meant to move inactive Cities to the Map outskirts immediately (i.e. straight from current/starting position to the edge of the Map in one move), or whether inactive Cities are moved in incremental stages across more populated areas of the Map until they eventually reach the outskirts, or indeed whether one or the other option may be used interchangeably?

The moves however are dependant on finding an active space that meets your criteria. The space needs to be "Like for Like" containing the same Boosted Goods, and the same amount of Scouted Provinces.
Q4. : This subject seems to cause quite a lot of confusion and disagreement, so I'm sorry to ask about it, but are you able to confirm whether the "same amount of Scouted Provinces" criterion still applies? I'm not trying to be annoying - I'm asking because this rule doesn't seem to apply to at least some of the players moved in my own local Map area (some start-up Cities being replaced with mid-end gamers, and vice versa).

Once again, many thanks for your kind help on this so far, @Herodite, and advance apologies for asking even more questions on this emotive topic!

PS : I'm replying here because this thread is where the majority of the debate on Map movements has taken place, but please do just move this post if it should instead have been posted in the Player Movement - New Changes thread. Thanks again! :)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Laurelin, Thank you for your patience whilst I got some more information for you!

Q1 & Q2: The BIG MOVE hasn't finished as such. What HAS finished is the moves over a series of days. The moves have now returned to every Monday however, there will be more Player Movement involved now that the option of remaining has been removed.

Q3: As far as we are aware, the majority of inactive Cities will be pushed immediately to the outskirts however, there may be some that move incrementally due to space constraints. If you do see Inactive neighbours, be assured they will not be there for long.

Q4: Ahhh yes... the criteria question :D Yes the same Criteria still applies. So the system will never put you in a position where anything is taken from you. If you had 900 Scouted provinces made up of 100 Provinces of each resource and you were boosted in Marble, Crystal, and Gems... you will be moved to a position with EXACTLY the same. The ONLY thing that may not be the same, is the placement of your scouted provinces. So again, as you can appreciate, it can take some time to get a space that meets all of this criteria. But it WILL happen. Hopefully a lot quicker than before now the remain button has been removed.

I hope this makes sense!!

Let me know if you need anything else and I will take a wander to find out more! :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.