• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

World Map World Map Overview

DeletedUser3041

SUMMARY - I struggle with the world map as it is in the sense that we need to explore in a somewhat circle formation. We cannot see in which circle the province is.

DETAILS - This is my first time posting an idea so forgive me if I am not doing it correctly. If we can have either a thick outline border to mark the circle/group of provinces that have been explore or 2 different colours to show the cicle in which the province is. Only 2 colours would suffice. A lighter and darker colour as well.

As it currently stands, when I go into the world map and want to explore further or complete the province, I do not know which one to do first.

I hope I have managed to put on paper what my mind is thinking. Fingers crossed

DeletedUser3034

Thought I was the only one struggling with that,put it down to age :)

DeletedUser2863

One way of quickly finding out which circle an unscouted province belongs to is to check the scouting price. The nearby ones are cheaper than the farther provinces.

DeletedUser3041

The problem I am experiencing right now and I am sure more players are as well is that once you have scouted many provinces we do not know which circle it belongs to as the only way was by looking and comparing the scouting costs. I am sure that the big players would also benefit from this as it will save time going up and down and across the whole time to determine which circle is the closest. Seen many posts in which players have forked out to get to a certain resource type province or to an active neighbour putting up trades to save on the penalty/trading fee.

DeletedUser3097

I found this hint on Wiki- not sure if it would help anymore than checking the exploration cost-

Hint:
After entering each province sector you will be able to see how far that province is by looking at the ranking points it will give you when finishing the encounter successfully.

650px-Provincias.jpg

As a player, I'd like to be able to scroll out and see a mini world map like the one above. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3034

Exactly what we need.... can you as a mod submit a suggestion?

DeletedUser3041

That is exactly the border lines I was thinking about. Thanks Dizzy Lizzie. It would make life so much esier if we had those border lines on the world map.

Timneh

Artisan
It would make life so much esier if we had those border lines on the world map.

And that is the reason why we will probably never get anything like that. I can not remember which episode of Inno tv it was on but there was one where Timon said they will never make things easy for players.

KermitsDad

Alchemist
The problem I am experiencing right now and I am sure more players are as well is that once you have scouted many provinces we do not know which circle it belongs to as the only way was by looking and comparing the scouting costs. I am sure that the big players would also benefit from this as it will save time going up and down and across the whole time to determine which circle is the closest. Seen many posts in which players have forked out to get to a certain resource type province or to an active neighbour putting up trades to save on the penalty/trading fee.

If you open an encounter within a province the ranking points it gives tells you what circle the province is in.
eg 8 ranking points - then it's in circle 8

( As what Lizzie said )

DeletedUser3041

If you open an encounter within a province the ranking points it gives tells you what circle the province is in.
eg 8 ranking points - then it's in circle 8

( As what Lizzie said )
The problem with doing that is it takes a lot of time because you have to go into the province then into one encounter to see what the ranking points are. If you do this around the edges of your explored map you would need to go into 20 or more provinces and then the same number in encounters.

Put this into time and you will see that it is not worth the effort. Having the border lines is beneficial to the players as far as time is concerned. Could rather spend time on your city and/oe trades.

DeletedUser2863

If you go into 20 or more provinces without being able to work it out from the pattern (the hexagons are fairly easy to trace), you do indeed need help, but not of the kind that InnoGames can provide.

Entering one province and using it as a landmark should be enough.

A bit of a tip: I've made it really simple for myself – I scout clockwise, in an (inevitably) outwards spiral. Makes it real easy to stay in the correct circle.

-

Edit: I do agree that being able to zoom out further (both in the world map and city view) would be pleasant.

DeletedUser3034

I use the built in zoom function of my browser, can go so far that detail is lost.