• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Workshop production and tools

firerock

Enchanter
When I produce Beverages (fe), where are they kept, I cant find a record of them in my inventory.
Same goes for anything in the workshop.

If I dont produce anything does it still produce tools?

Why do I produce 'something' to get 'tools', I find this totally illogical. Maybe you just need to rename it "goods" or something more pertinent to what you are doing.
As I produce "Beverages" it give me 10 tools in 5 minutes, why would producing beverages make tools?

Whereas if I produced Beverages and it gave me 10 goods in 5 minutes, that makes more sense.

This sort of thing goes on for all manufactories, its just non-sensical to produced a product to get 'planks' 'marble', you use those things to produce products. It grates on me somewhat I have to say.

DeletedUser23

As to your opening question; the actual thing you produce (beverages etc) are irrelevant really. It's just the supplies you produce with varying time length productions.

"Supplies" as a name suggest it can be anything that the city may need to further progress. And as you use supplies to upgrade buildings, produce troops etc then that's where the beverages, food and tools come in; they're what is needed to do the mentioned activities - you need food/drink for your citizens to work, for troops etc, and you need tools to construct buildings out of the planks/marble etc.

firerock

Enchanter
i know what you are saying :)

but its like I click to build something and I dont get that something I get something else.
its not logical.

The items 'built' are irrelevant so to speak, it could be build a car and get 200 tools, build a rabbit hutch and get 30 tools.
So if you build something in any other game I've played, I get what I build. But here I dont.

DeletedUser

It'll be nice if the game really requires us to produce tools, bread and other things. To build a house you'd require 1000 nails, 5 hammers, 20 breads and 20 groceries... but that would be a huge re-design of the whole game.
The 'tools' icon above building is just an icon to represent various supplies. It is not that you set beverage production and receive tools, it's just an universal icon for all supplies. Of course they could replace the icon with what you actually produce, maybe it'll look better, but every supplies are stored in 1 'warehouse' without distinction anyway.

DeletedUser

If we had to build the way you say Diggi Doggi this game would take way longer and you would have to play more then 1 hr a day. Some players only play every two days. That would not let them grow fast at all.