• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Workshop and Manufactory Notification icons

• Thread starter DeletedUser7950
  • Start date

DeletedUser7950

Well here I am with another crazy idea of mine. But this time I’m ready to take all the heat :)

Both in web and mobile interface when a Workshop or Manufactory ends its production a generic icon pops on top of the building. There is one icon for Workshops and one icon for each Manufactory type. In web if you hover your mouse on top of a building without clicking you can see what is produced. In mobile app there is no way.

So, what about having different icons for each WS or Manu item produced. This way ;
A- on mobile we will know what is produced and collect right items
B- on web we will see what is ready to be collected just by looking at our city

This will require design of 42 new icons, (6 for WS, 36 for manufactories) and a little extra code which I think it won’t have any negative impact neither on web nor mobile interface.

We already have this for Magic Academy and Barracks etc.

What do you think?

Fire away guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8921

I don't think I see different icons for Magic Academy and Barracks based on what's been produced. Where do you see this?

I think designing that many icons that would all be readily distinguishable would be difficult. Some people have small screens or bad eyesight. Sometimes it's hard for me to even see my finished productions, depending on what they're floating "on top" of.

It would be nice to be able to easily see what has been produced, but I'm not sure this is a practical idea to achieve that.

TheBonker

Adventurer
Well here I am with another crazy idea of mine. But this time I’m ready to take all the heat :)

Both in web and mobile interface when a Workshop or Manufactory ends its production a generic icon pops on top of the building. There is one icon for Workshops and one icon for each Manufactory type. In web if you hover your mouse on top of a building without clicking you can see what is produced. In mobile app there is no way.

So, what about having different icons for each WS or Manu item produced. This way ;
B- on web we will see what is ready to be collected just by looking at our city

This will require design of 40 new icons, (4 for WS, 36 for manufactories) and a little extra code which I think it won’t have any negative impact neither on web nor mobile interface.

We already have this for Magic Academy and Barracks etc.

What do you think?

Fire away guys.
Maybe even use the FA badge symbols on a manu if its necklace symbol you know its a 1 day production or Flacon symbol you know its a 3hr production. Same on w/shops
Nice Idea ;)

DeletedUser7950

I don't think I see different icons for Magic Academy and Barracks based on what's been produced. Where do you see this?

I think designing that many icons that would all be readily distinguishable would be difficult. Some people have small screens or bad eyesight. Sometimes it's hard for me to even see my finished productions, depending on what they're floating "on top" of.

It would be nice to be able to easily see what has been produced, but I'm not sure this is a practical idea to achieve that.

When I play on my iPad I see different icons on top of my barracks for each unit type and same for Magic Academy. I don’t know how it goes on Android. But I can see what type of unit is finished by looking at the tiny icon. They look like the miniaturized version of production screen icons.

DeletedUser5976

When I play on my iPad I see different icons on top of my barracks for each unit type and same for Magic Academy. I don’t know how it goes on Android.
It's the same on Android, but you only see the first production. If there are two different types of spells or troops finished you will only see the first one. This is of course not an issue with the workshops and manu's.

DeletedUser8921

On browser you see the same icon for everything for MA and barracks.

DeletedUser3571

Its an interesting idea, and it would help especially on the app during events. However i think have 42 would be a lot to remember and get a bit confusing, it might be better to have 6 for the workshops and just have the same 4 for each manufactures just with separate colours

i can see how it wouldn't massively help those with poor eyesight, but as long as its still easily recognisable as being a marble or steel than it wouldn't really hurt them.

DeletedUser1874

Yes, yes, and yes! Such a quality of life improvement would result in a 75% reduction in conniptions during normal gameplay, and a 375% reduction during RNG quest events such as the current one (and FAs).