• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Wishing Wells and AK

Please bring back Wishing Wells in events or otherwise! They are sorely missed by many.

Also, Ancient Knowledge availability has been decreased too much in several aspects of the game and 30AK seems to have disappeared. Please increase the amount and frequency.

:)

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The Wishing Wells have curently be replaced by the Genie as a more powerful building.

We assume you mean Ancient Wonder Knowledge Points?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Sadly I do not find the Genie a more powerful building. The Wishing Wells gave items more useful to my cities. I for one would really appreciate it if that decision can be re-evaluated and that the Wells do make a comeback in the game.

Timneh

Artisan
The Genie is only available from the spire and then you need to have a lot of luck to get one. The Wishing wells were easier to get and therefore it is understandable that they were less powerful. My personal opinion is wishing wells were removed because the devs did not like players building diamond farms.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
If I look at the diamond drop of the genie over its lifespan, it gives in total less than a well. Very, very rarely do you see a diamond return from a genie. The 25 of the well may be small in number, but the more regular return adds up and outperforms a genie. That is if you only look at diamond drops. One wishing well as a reward during FAs will not overturn the apple cart of game play so to speak. Some products of a wishing well will help during events, like the coming Autumn Bear event. Don’t think I can say the same of a genie, even if they are blue and Blue is my name.

Hekata

Artisan
If I look at the diamond drop of the genie over its lifespan, it gives in total less than a well. Very, very rarely do you see a diamond return from a genie. The 25 of the well may be small in number, but the more regular return adds up and outperforms a genie. That is if you only look at diamond drops. One wishing well as a reward during FAs will not overturn the apple cart of game play so to speak. Some products of a wishing well will help during events, like the coming Autumn Bear event. Don’t think I can say the same of a genie, even if they are blue and Blue is my name.
I agree that in the end Genies and WWs probably give a similar amount of diamonds, but regardless of that I'd like to be able to have both in my city as the give different things. In my chapter (15) I do find what the Genie gives a bit more useful (seeds, mana, time boosters, PPs rather than the small amounts of T3 and supplies) but at the same time I really prefer the aesthetics of the WW. Getting a WW as a prize for the FA or a crafting challenge or some other activity really wouldn't hurt the game balance as no one could farm them.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

While it's hard to get genie's which is the point of the change (no more massive WW farms) the genie over it's lifespan gives more than double the diamonds if not mistaken on average about ~1100 vs 450-475 for a wishing well.

edit added some calcs:
Theoretical drops 200, more likely if you try 190.

Wishing wells drop rate 10% amount 25
190*0.1*25= 475 diamons

Genie: (if not mistaken from head)
200 diamonds 1%
100 diamonds 2%
50 diamonds 5%
190*0.01*200 = 380
190*0.02*100 = 380
190*0.05*50 = 475
---------------------
total = 380+380+475 = 1235

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
My genies must be very stingy. I am extremely lucky if I see 350 from them.

could be it's random after all and those calculations are just averages, but more likely over a 100 day period you have forgotten more than half your rewards. (or you have missed very many rewards by for example only logging in once a day)
Unless you have noted down every time you got something, which (almost) no one does.

As often there is a big difference between perception and reality.

valle

Soothsayer
My personal opinion is wishing wells were removed because the devs did not like players building diamond farms.

I can understand that. Diamond farms although they for some reason I can't understand are legal in game are a sort of push accounts. A city that is used to benefit other cities of the same player. What do you call that? I call it a push account.

cwgiii

Shaman
I can understand that. Diamond farms although they for some reason I can't understand are legal in game are a sort of push accounts. A city that is used to benefit other cities of the same player. What do you call that? I call it a push account.

Agreed. This is an obvious example of a "push account", THE most obvious example of such. Inno designed the game to include it / allow it. Many players utilize it (I do not). Inno lives with the consequences, until the players suffer from the inevitable nerf.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I gathered some Wells in the last events (when they were still available) and also got many genies (many - as 5-6, lol) and now, being in the holiday between chapters, I placed ALL of them. By far, the Wells are more generous than Genies. I am not even thrilled when I win another Genie, in fact, I have other 2 in the stock and don't feel like I have to find free space to place them too.
Wells should be introduced as rewards in events. I don't think Inno would die from 1 well/ player.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I gathered some Wells in the last events (when they were still available) and also got many genies (many - as 5-6, lol) and now, being in the holiday between chapters, I placed ALL of them. By far, the Wells are more generous than Genies. I am not even thrilled when I win another Genie, in fact, I have other 2 in the stock and don't feel like I have to find free space to place them too.
Wells should be introduced as rewards in events. I don't think Inno would die from 1 well/ player.

They are more generous as in "give diamonds more often"

But 1 single 200 reward is worth 8 wishing wells rewards
1 100 reward is 4 wishing well rewards
1 50 reward is 2 wishing wells reward.

So you get diamonds from the genie much less often, but then you do you get the equivalent of many many times the wishing well rewards.
Thats why I said perception and reality are different.

If you get twice the 200 reward in 100 days, thats almost as much as the enore WW produces in the 100 day period
This is why it "feels" the genie gives a lot less, but in "reality" they give a lot more.

I also love the other rewards from the wishing well outsode diamonds, those are also very well beefed up. loads of mana, seeds, 5 KP rewards and instants.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I am sorry to say @CrazyWizard but I never saw 200 diamonds from any of my genies. Maximum was 100 diamonds and they are one month away to expire. If I think at them as individuals, most probably 1 genie is way better than 1 well.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I am sorry to say @CrazyWizard but I never saw 200 diamonds from any of my genies. Maximum was 100 diamonds and they are one month away to expire. If I think at them as individuals, most probably 1 genie is way better than 1 well.

The power of random, you mightr see it 10 times you might see it none.
A bit like the spire, or events. in the long run numbers will converge at those points.

But on an individual basis it can vary a lot. just like a single event can be horrible but after 20 events you get a bit lucky and a bit unlucky it evens it all out. the wishing well with it's higher probability will have a more stable output.