• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Wishing well

DeletedUser6877

I have tried hard all day to get the wishing well.. without luck.. won the VIP lounge , but really only wanted the well.Is this really the very last opportunity of opportunity of obtaining it? Feeling sad..

DeletedUser5976

It is the last opportunity during this event, but I am guessing that they will give them again in future events.

DeletedUser6877

Thanks , hope so.

btw.. I won two stages.. another player I know really wants a stage and would love to swap the wishing well with me.. wish there was some way we could swap or trade prizes???

Last edited by a moderator:

kimkimkim

Summoner
I don't know how many tickets you have left, we still have a week of quests to do and clicking around your city to gather more tickets, plus there is one more double goo day coming up, so if you are able to obtain the stage yourself, wishing wells are given as more grand prizes afterwards....but yes wishing wells can be awarded in other events, got mine from the fellowship adventure...good luck

DeletedUser5976

They were first introduced during the spring event Phoenix Cult, then given as stage 3 reward for the FA and now during this summer event. So I'm guessing they will be given now and again, but probably not too often.

Pauly7

Magus
If it's any consolation the novelty of the Wishing Well tends to wear off with most people. I had one until it ran out and then I built a second one - I just like the look of it, plus it's fairly unique and the new one was a higher level.... but even me I'm thinking I'll be all done after this one... and I have a few left in storage.

Pauly7

Magus
True. Plus it's really the only structure to give out random rewards like it does so there is definitely appeal.

It's just a pity it isn't a little more powerful. If they threw in a jackpot of say 200 diamonds which is a really rare thing then it would have a better draw.

DeletedUser

I have 34 wishing wells over 3 cities on my account, and at the moment I'm ahead with diamonds, there was nothing else I wanted although I did feel I got a better return rate on the wishing wells from the first time they came up on the daily prizes than the second time!

I'm keeping a record of what I get each time I collect.

DeletedUser6271

They are intelligent as well - place more than one in the city at the same time and they will connect together under the ground and offer you linked rewards - eg, I have 3 in my city plus and one in stock, (which i will replace as the next one burns out) I noticed they tend to hand out the same reward together (not always but often enough to be considered a trend) mine seam to give me heaps of diamonds and when one offers diamonds on a cycle i can almost never loose the bet that the other 2 will also - I love my wishing wells and think they are pretty cool - I just push in 1 blessed goat per day per well from the chicken glade - i think this is what keeps them happy and producing diamonds.

I have had at least 1 active wishing wish in my city for many moons now - so I'm guessing they will keep popping up now and then
Kw!

DeletedUser5976

hey will connect together under the ground and offer you linked rewards
I am keeping a record of the stuff I get and I can't say I have noticed any patter like that. The number of different rewards are low enough that there will be days that they give the same and days that don't. Human mind tends to notice coincidences and is a master of seeing patterns in it even where no pattern exists.

DeletedUser6271

I am keeping a record of the stuff I get and I can't say I have noticed any patter like that. The number of different rewards are low enough that there will be days that they give the same and days that don't. Human mind tends to notice coincidences and is a master of seeing patterns in it even where no pattern exists.

absolutely I agree, however with 3 wishing wells near / next to each that was installed at the same time so collection is at the same time - i can see with my own 2 eyes that i often receive 3x the same reward - of course an observation can't be stated without knowledge of history so a few months of the same behavior I can confidently say my 3 wishing wells (including the times I have replaced them) tend to behave the same way.

but as mentioned I do throw in a few blessed goats each day - maybe you received a bad bunch of wells - I heard rumors there is a recall on some due to quality control checks being interrupted from the well manufacturer factory a little while ago. they might even have warranty if you call the customer support number on the back of the packaging.

then again - using "patterns" either if they are real or perceived can be a risky game if using such patterns to "predict" the future for any reason -
when you are not doing this and only observing the past or history - eg, the instant one collects then history is written it is no longer a perceived pattern.
you now actually have more evidence in or not in of support such observation.

having 3 wishing wells that reward diamonds at the same time more often than not - to me is in support of the observation that my wishing wells reward diamonds more often than not and each at the same time.
:)

anyhow, just having some fun! :)
Kw!

DeletedUser5532

I have had a wishing well placed now for 35 days.

So far I have collected from it 58 times.

Tools x 15 (25.9%)
Tier 3 x 17 (29.3%)
KP x 10 (17.2%)
Gold x 10 (17.2%)
Diamonds x 6 (10.3%)

The only pattern that I see is that a Magic Workshop at my level would cost 1,400 Diamonds.
This Wishing well over 100 days should (based on what it has given so far) give me 180 Diamonds.

So I would need to place and collect from 8 wishing wells to get enough diamonds for 1.

is it worth it, maybe. if you have the time and the land.

DeletedUser6271

The only pattern that I see is that a Magic Workshop at my level would cost 1,400 Diamonds.
This Wishing well over 100 days should (based on what it has given so far) give me 180 Diamonds.

how many diamonds have you purchased since playing the game?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
just continue dreaming on a cashcow game in a money world... :p

DeletedUser6271

I got the $10 pack a while ago when it was on a 100% offer, nothing since then though

cool - I prob should have mentioned reason for asking - I suspect wishing well diamonds "might" be also related to buying behavior - just my perceived absolutely no evidence what so ever tin foil hat conspiracy theory lol :)

eg, making diamond purchases increases the cases of wishing wells offering diamonds (kinda a trip marketing method) If i have a habit of buying diamonds than it makes sense to keep giving diamonds to purchasers as a bit of a "encouragement" to buy more - as above this is a pure placing the tin foil hat on theory -

I have purchased diamonds in the past - quite a lot of them to be honest - when I was not in a FS and did not know a thing about the game so just purchased stuff thinking that's what you do - I'm not a gamer not normally entertained by games - and thought paying for diamonds was liking going to the game shop and buying a game for 100 bucks or so but more on a ongoing payment plan sort of thing - aware this is not how it works - purchases are optional and what i do love about this game is not actually needed. i also do seem to get some good offers and discounts regularly as well (so i now consider my early purchases as "supporting the game" I assume they pay the developers actual money and not in Doritos and Pepsi max.)

just my thoughts.
Kw!

DeletedUser5532

cool - I prob should have mentioned reason for asking - I suspect wishing well diamonds "might" be also related to buying behavior - just my perceived absolutely no evidence what so ever tin foil hat conspiracy theory lol :)

I believe that the wishing well utilises the same system as the prizes in the events that rely on chance (% wins), in that they use Unix to determine the prize. So while overall the % are accurate (I have tested the prizes in past events, opening upwards of 1,000 boxes, and the % was correct), but short term repetitive actions can throw unrealistic trends. If this is true, then there can be no link from spend to win.

That being said, it is a computer programme, and as such can be programmed to do anything the programmer wishes it to, all I have is a methodical mind and the ability to perform repetitious tasks.

DeletedUser6743

In 23 tries so far, I got diamonds exactly once. Mostly they all give coins (I started with 2 and got a third from goo). If one gives supplies, chances seem high the other two will as well.