• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Wishes for next guest race

DeletedUser960

I´ve searched but didn´t find an existing thread for that. :)

It´s not that easy to find a new guest race, as we´ve already had that many.
Can´t wish for dragons, my favorite as they were mixxed up with Sorceres. :oops:
I´d like to see Ents or Leprechauns could be funny.
Hit Number 1 would always be Mermaids.
What about making mermaids the next guest race? :D

m4rt1n

Adept
Moles/miners with lots of tunneling,
Neolithic's with their stonehenges and earth barrows,
Elvenologists - a cross between Egyptology and Archeologists.
Some other world visitors (aliens) arriving through an ancient time warp.

Just a few idea's for now. :)

DeletedUser6404

Enough of this cat worshiping! Most players hated and yet loved the Orcs chapter (well, they kept playing didn't they). Dogs are mans best friend, but the day of the WOLVES must come. But it need a twist.

Bring back the horrors & brutality of nature, by the Chapter of the Wolves & Giants.

DeletedUser7733

What about blobs and make it all slimy :p
Or maybe ghosts and make a lot of thing translucent and smaller :eek:

m4rt1n

Adept
Moles/miners with lots of tunneling,
Neolithic's with their stonehenges and earth barrows,
Elvenologists - a cross between Egyptology and Archeologists.
Some other world visitors (aliens) arriving through an ancient time warp.

Just a few idea's for now. :)

Expanding from this idea,

Moles/miners, we have the Endless Excavation and the Mountain Halls that both would fit,
Neolithic's - Mehinok's Barrow comes straight to mind and I'd love a Stoneshenge type structure in my city.
Elvenologists - The Haunted Graveyard as a starter with mummy types being dug up and becoming useful.
As for the other world visitors we have had no end of portals already so imagination for game development team and artists is endless here. :D:eek:;)

Sir Derf

Adept
Here are a few more for your considerations

Necromancers
Nagas (Snake People) or Crocodilians
Swamp/Vegetable creatures
Giants (Frost or others)
Vulcans (Pacific Islander/Lava)
Thespians (Elizabethan/Edwardian?)
Centaurs
Minotaurs (Greek influences?)
Nomads/Beduoins
Voodoo
Fungoids
Chupacabras/Day of the Dead
Harpies
Hippies
Hippos
Vampires
Demons
Angels/Cherubs
Monks

m4rt1n

Adept
Here are a few more for your considerations

Necromancers
Nagas (Snake People) or Crocodilians
Swamp/Vegetable creatures
Giants (Frost or others)
Vulcans (Pacific Islander/Lava)
Thespians (Elizabethan/Edwardian?)
Centaurs
Minotaurs (Greek influences?)
Nomads/Beduoins
Voodoo
Fungoids
Chupacabras/Day of the Dead
Harpies
Hippies
Hippos
Vampires
Demons
Angels/Cherubs
Monks

Ok, lots of good themes there, but I feel a list gets overlooked so easily as game developers will look for idea's. :)

DeletedUser4149

hippies. that would be funny. they'd need interesting crop fields, i'm sure. i wouldn't mind having a statue of jimi hendrix in my city.:D
seriously, giants make the most sense. they already had giants in their winter event. why else would we need to make our buildings bigger? what didn't make sense is why halfling buildings got bigger when they're so small and why they came after dragons. shouldn't the guest races get more powerful as the chapters progress?:confused: if frodo was fighting a fire breathing dragon, i wouldn't bet on frodo.
vampires and other undead would be cool too. they'd also make great new combat units.:eek:
please no thespians. chapter 7 was bad enough.:(

DeletedUser960

Power doesn´t come with size! See them mermaids magic work over a giant -> Bang Boom Crash. If you don´t believe me, look it up in HP.

@yo momma love me Hippies? Crop fields? Connection to elven game world would be Flower Power. But can´t give Hendrix a statue for 1 good song. Give it to Jim Morrison and I place it right beside my Watchtower. Or next to my Merc Camp. :/ Gotta think about that ...

Feel inclined to support Notts suggestion though. :( Wolves.(or change fs-name, Mighty Merpeople could be it)
No need to take werewolves, can take Ay, gigantic wolves or T´lan Ay if you want gigantic zombie wolves. :D.
Source: Malazan Book series, 3rd book: Memories of Ice by Stephen Erikson, rich to find possible guest races anyway.

DeletedUser4149

actually, i never finished watching any of those lord of the rings movies. but most of the dragons i've heard of and seen would've eaten that little dude like he was a corn flake.