• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Winter Set

Lady Croft

Adventurer
Hi,

No matter how I place this set - according to the set tab, or otherwise - I have 2 buildings that aren't correct.
Tried uploading pics but told files too big ?? This day & age that shouldn't be an issue. (i'll try to find a way of making them smaller, though no idea what; be great if a solution was given not just a blunt 'too large', that doesn't help :rolleyes: Took screenshots and photos with camera, all apparently too big. How does everyone else manage to upload pics, please?)
So...Troll & vortex aren't right; the last item is grey, which indicates the set isn't jisawed together properly.

EDit...okay, so I've trimmed the pic size down... it's still too big.?? If I trim any more off it, you won't see what's in it....

Last edited:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Lady Croft not to worry about the pic!

We are aware of this and it's currently being investigated!

Hopefully this will be resolved very soon

Kind Regards

Herodite

Jake65

Sage
I have the same problem with screenshots being too big.
I either zoom out and then crop off the screenshot to the piece I actually want or use a photo editing app which seems to reduce the quality/file size.
It's a pain either way.

Lady Croft

Adventurer
Hi @Lady Croft not to worry about the pic!

We are aware of this and it's currently being investigated!

Hopefully this will be resolved very soon

Kind Regards

Herodite
Thanks. I'm quite happy for them to take back all the buildings and refund the diamonds I spent on 500 then 1000 keys... who do I put that to?

Jake65

Sage
@Lady Croft if you're referring to some of the buildings not getting their full set boost, there were comments in a thread somewhere (see note) that some older sets require additional buildings to get the full boost. In other words you might need two of one of the buildings to get the number of "touches" correct.

Note: I cannot for the life of me remember what thread it was (it was recently) and the not-very-useful searchodactyl isn't helping me to find it.

PS I might have read it in a link to a thread on the beta forum.

m4rt1n

Adept
I can confirm that some of the first sets released in the game were not possible to get the full bonus on all buildings without an additional duplicate set building. As this is a re-release of one of the first sets in the game that is the issue, possibly an oversight by the dev team of today as after the first few, sets were made so that all bonuses could be unlocked with one of each of the buildings.

See here the original event discussion from Dec 2017 https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/the-three-glacier-giants.5953/

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
I can confirm that some of the first sets released in the game were not possible to get the full bonus on all buildings without an additional duplicate set building. As this is a re-release of one of the first sets in the game that is the issue, possibly an oversight by the dev team of today as after the first few, sets were made so that all bonuses could be unlocked with one of each of the buildings.

See here the original event discussion from Dec 2017 https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/the-three-glacier-giants.5953/
Thanks for the link, interesting to read it being long before I started playing.
In a way it seems not much has changed......
Your post on the 2nd of January 2018 (I think that was the date) sums up the set building boost nicely, thanks.

m4rt1n

Adept
Thanks @Jake65 on the 14th Dec 2017 I posted this about the current set in discussion when first released.

The received email does imply though that 1 of each of the 4 set buildings will max out each building and that contradicts the set building info here https://www.gamersgemsofknowledge.com/set-buildings

Looking at how they work and a discussion with fellows, we either are optimistic that 4 together will work as a full 3x set, or inno made a mistake that will end in lots of complaints. The way they have to touch each other makes me sadly afraid that the latter will be true.

All I can say @Herodite is that the set didn't work as planned in the winter event 2017/18, and 5 years after first release still has exactly the same issue unfortunately.

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
Posted by me on December 14th, seems the set buildings do NOT give 3x bonus if all 4 are collected, only 2 can possibly get a 3x bonus with the other 2 getting 2x bonus, however depending on how you arrange them you can choose which 2 get the 3x bonus.
@m4rt1n it was this comment in the thread that caught my eye :)

Lady Croft

Adventurer
It would have been very helpful, on the WIKI, to know that all bonuses don't unlock. I would not have wasted diamonds pursuing this set, had I known.