• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Winter set bonuses

DeletedUser5319

Ok from my understanding is that the buildings gain additional bonuses when touching one another.
However if there is one thing that seems stupid or unfair to me is the fact that the buildings need to ACTUALLY touch eachother to gain the bonuses

For example:
Connexion1.png

In this example the Giant's hand(Top left building) is only receiving 2/3 set bonuses not all 3 because the Giant's hand isn't touching the Frozen fountain(bottom right building)

I understand that this is part of Elvenar's difficulty in building placement mechanic but in this case it is just wrong...

Connexion2.png

In this image the Ice mountain Troll building(one to the left) is only getting 1/3 of the set bonuses not all of them because it isn't touching all the set buildings :/ that means that you can almost only get a maxsimum of 2 of the set buildings to have the 3/3 set bonuses :(

I noticed this in my town:
upload_2017-12-28_18-26-58.png

When my fountain was placed where my trader is now my Ice mountain troll building only got 1/3 set bonuses.

Is this a bug? Because if not then it is just bad design :v because the only way to get max use out of each set buildings is to have multiple set buildings to ensure each building can get the most ?/3 set value out of it :(

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-28_18-26-58.png
    upload_2017-12-28_18-26-58.png
    382.5 KB · Views: 92

DeletedUser5338

I noticed this effect as well. But in my case it COULD be that I don't have the Troll as of yet. But the other three are connected in line (ready to receive the troll later this week, I hope), and the hand only gets one bonus.

DeletedUser5319

It is bugged tho it was confirmed today

Moderator Edit: Incorrect- it has not been confirmed as a bug. You posted that you thought it was a bug but that does not confirm it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser441

I won two of the set but don't want them. Glad I didn't try to get them all now. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser4528

It is bugged tho it was confirmed today

There is no bug that we are aware of, and the set as I see it is working as intended, Could you enlighten us to where you got this information, and precisely what it refers to please .

DeletedUser5319

There is no bug that we are aware of, and the set as I see it is working as intended, Could you enlighten us to where you got this information, and precisely what it refers to please .

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/winter-set-bonus-bug.6114/#post-38148

If i place all 4 buildings i dont receive the 3/3 set bonuses for all of them. If you needed more than 1 small building it makes the whole point of getting a set redundant for the fact that you would need more than 4 pieces to complete the FOUR set building :/

DeletedUser4528

If i place all 4 buildings i dont receive the 3/3 set bonuses for all of them. If you needed more than 1 small building it makes the whole point of getting a set redundant for the fact that you would need more than 4 pieces to complete the FOUR set building :/

With 4 buildings (1 of each) the maximum bonus you can acquire is 2 @ lvl 2, and 2 @ lvl 3.

The word set is used to indicate which buildings can be used to obtain a bonus, and there is no "complete" set bonus. Any buildings (set) can obtain extra bonus by being in direct contact with any other building from the same set.

I thought along the same lines at the start, in thinking that having 4 buildings in a line from the same set should work, but that is not how the game mechanics work, there has to be direct contact for it to work.

DeletedUser5319

wow... OK... that is VERY disappointing...

,_, my whole life has been a lie

DeletedUser5338

With 4 buildings (1 of each) the maximum bonus you can acquire is 2 @ lvl 2, and 2 @ lvl 3.

The word set is used to indicate which buildings can be used to obtain a bonus, and there is no "complete" set bonus. Any buildings (set) can obtain extra bonus by being in direct contact with any other building from the same set.

I thought along the same lines at the start, in thinking that having 4 buildings in a line from the same set should work, but that is not how the game mechanics work, there has to be direct contact for it to work.

Erm, I will quote here from the mail we received December seventh:

You can get started once you have your first Winter set building. The complete set fits on an area of an almost perfect 7x7 square and will deliver the maximum production amount and all the bonuses

This seems quite clear to me that with the four buildings you get all the bonuses, seeing as it says that.

m4rt1n

Adept
@Priestelar I believe Piarou quoted from the email sent 7th December from Inno, which I also received and discussed being misleading in the Three Glacier Giants thread.

m4rt1n

Adept
Are you subscribed to the Elvenar Newsletter?

Mine went into my junk box along with the one at the beginning giving 100 keys.