• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic!

DeletedUser5976

Perhaps you can make a shelter for him. One of those Smallest Rooms for example ;)

m4rt1n

Adept
I'm worried about my snowman...

He was almost crushed by a fallen Snowflake!

I warned at the beginning of the event to be careful and whatever you do, don't let the snowman fall down the precipice, no one know's what will happen if that happens, maybe even an elf v human, peoples vote. :eek::p:D

DeletedUser7733

Please allow this old man to stumble a little. I plan on getting the Snow Owls Set tomorrow on double day, mainly as its the first real chance I have to complete a set. I see lots of you writing about how good these are, but I am failing to see that huge benefit. Could someone please put the benefit in simpler terms for me, Rather than saying, so many squares this, or that. I hope this makes sense. . Thank you in advance.

To simplify the value of event buildings, I use a rule of thumb that every event building is a very good value for the chapter I got it in and the harder it is to get that building, the better value it gives.

Also, other things to consider on top of their value per square compared to standard buildings are:
- how much I rely on neighbourly help to get culture boosts (event buildings usually don’t have a big culture value)
- how often I use enchantments on my manufacturies (the more often I use enchantments, the less valuable the event building that give goods is). If I’m comparing workshops vs event buildings, I need to considers my average culture boost and again how often I use enchantments.

Deleted User - 341074

@lopitus
Your biggest problem with space/pop is building non-boosted factories.
When you press hotkey "s" or open the relics tab on your mainhall, you will see that your plank factories are far superior to marble or steel. The game is designed around only building your specialized factories* (plank, silk, dust for you) and trading for the other 6 types.

As you progress you will reach a point where your planks make 8x as much as your marble in the same space/pop/culture.

*note: there are some event quests that require non-boosted productions, but these should be completed using temporary level 1 buildings in order to not waste space/pop/culture/supplies etc.

More on this here: https://elvengems.com/boosted-goods/

DeletedUser7930

Hi I have been a player of this game for quite a little while and am at the beginning few stages of elementals and am a little dissapointed in the last few events and the reduction in prizes for these events
none of the spinning boxes give more snowflajes than you spend to spin the box i prefer the old way

m4rt1n

Adept
I have managed to win the first 2 set buildings, and unlocked the 1st Grand Prize. Currently on quest 61 with 774 flakes for some on double day tomorrow so will see how things go.

DeletedUser

I am looking at 38.3 million coins for the KP in the main quest line. Still doable, but that is dropping a bit with every event.

Would be good if we could get an Instant that resets the KP coin costs. Or perhaps a yearly reset (every christmas?)

Every time we log in we're shown messages about the game and one of them is that we can spend coins and supplies on KPs when our Main Halls are getting too full. This is a great safety net but it's being compromised by the Events demanding that we buy all these KPs! The price goes up and up so I hardly ever do that. I find myself not collecting gold or supplies, leaving the MH full and just waiting until the gold and supplies get spent before I collect more.

That's a waste when I could be collecting them but it's the only way I can keep the costs down. So basically I find it's false that I can buy KPs when my MH is full because of the quests asking me to buy them. I object very strongly! Either stop making us buy so many KPs in Events or take down the message that we can do that when our MHs are full please because there comes a time when we can't! Or it's just not wise to.

DeletedUser

Thank you for beautiful buildings, I might give this event a good go. I love Christmas and snow!

I think they stopped it as most people want culture/population hybrids, I personally prefer big, culture only buildings as I get a nice culture bonus with just one visit and they keep their value for a long time. That's why I don't do many events lately.

I don't think it's because people want the hybrids. Many, many people have complained about them and agree with you about nice big culture buildings. We get stuck with the hybrids because of losing the popuation when we want to sell them if we need space so they can be a pain rather than a help. The only thing we can do is to keep replacing them with higher value hybrids but there's still a space issue. The hybrids are for Inno's benefit so that people will be forced to buy a lot of expansions or struggle with cramming everything in, which is what I try to do!

Deleted User - 341074

Every time we log in we're shown messages about the game and one of them is that we can spend coins and supplies on KPs when our Main Halls are getting too full. This is a great safety net but it's being compromised by the Events demanding that we buy all these KPs! The price goes up and up so I hardly ever do that. I find myself not collecting gold or supplies, leaving the MH full and just waiting until the gold and supplies get spent before I collect more.

That's a waste when I could be collecting them but it's the only way I can keep the costs down. So basically I find it's false that I can buy KPs when my MH is full because of the quests asking me to buy them. I object very strongly! Either stop making us buy so many KPs in Events or take down the message that we can do that when our MHs are full please because there comes a time when we can't! Or it's just not wise to.
I know a player who has their cost up to 3,200,000 per KP, but she still buys 7-8 per day.
There isn't a single player on any server who has reached a point where they can't buy a KP with coins.

"Keeping costs down" is a mistake. Why do you want to keep costs down? So that you can buy KP cheaper? Then why complain about having to buy KP in the event? It makes no sense.

DeletedUser7733

I spent 1,735,000 coins on one KP and I still keep buying them every day, around 5 to 10. When I need to buy KPs for an event, I use both coins and goods and don't seem to have a problem. Yes, the prize of the KPs goes up same as my production goes up and the reward from neighbours visits goes up and coins from residences go up too. So it roughly offsets each other.

I don't think it's because people want the hybrids. Many, many people have complained about them and agree with you about nice big culture buildings. We get stuck with the hybrids because of losing the popuation when we want to sell them if we need space so they can be a pain rather than a help. The only thing we can do is to keep replacing them with higher value hybrids but there's still a space issue. The hybrids are for Inno's benefit so that people will be forced to buy a lot of expansions or struggle with cramming everything in, which is what I try to do!

There has been a survey on US forum, here's the link:
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/community-based-building-part-2.6965/
Also, when I see other people's cities, I see more of the hybrids than pure culture buildings. But I still want Inno to provide both and not to exclude any preferences. There's a lot of prizes offered in the events, there's no reason why they shouldn't offer a variety of both.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Im just wondering why people would buy kp outside of an event. I've just started fairies and my kp costs are about 50,000...o_O

DeletedUser7017

new tournament but still encounters don't count to winter event

Pauly7

Magus
I find myself not collecting gold or supplies, leaving the MH full and just waiting until the gold and supplies get spent before I collect more.

That's a waste when I could be collecting them but it's the only way I can keep the costs down.
Most of us burn the excess money in the Wholesaler when the MH is full.... You get a really crappy deal, but it's better than just leaving the MH full.

DeletedUser5532

new tournament but still encounters don't count to winter event

I believe it is because there is actually no such thing as a Tournament Encounter.

There is an Encounter, which takes place in a new province on the map.
There is a Tournament, which take place in a previously discovered province.

There are 2 separate things in the game. . On the last event when Tournaments counted you may remember that the quest was worded as Tournament OR Encounter.

Deleted User - 341074

I don't think it's because people want the hybrids. Many, many people have complained about them and agree with you about nice big culture buildings. We get stuck with the hybrids because of losing the popuation when we want to sell them if we need space so they can be a pain rather than a help.
At my level, I have to 100% disagree. I don't think I have a more than 1 pure culture building in each city. Culture is way overvalued by many players and doesn't save nearly as much space as a hybrid building does. Anything over 150% culture suffers from really harsh diminishing returns and is simply not worth it.
Since I can reach 150-160% with a handful of FS buffs and no space wasted on pure culture those buildings hold no interest for me.
I get about 40% of my pop from residences 10% wonders, and 50% hybrids, and other than a couple of really old rainbow unicorns, each one of those hybrids saves me space. Replacing older hybrids with new ones is very easy when you are advanced since events come more often than a new guest race.

EDIT: The daily on beta today is the winter star, which gives exactly 100% more pop per square than my max level residence and some culture to boot. Hybrid>pure culture any day.

Last edited by a moderator: