• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic!

FieryArien

Necromancer
The following is a complaint (it’s really difficult!) and it isn’t complaint (as the problem is caused by my own not-standard city building decision).

This event is difficult without Magic Academy!!! I know, I know, it’s considered mandatory building (can’t be deleted) and spells are cool and bla bla bla. However, I really don’t see a point in building MA in a young city. The footprint is huge and relics for spells are few and far between. :-/

I’m currently stuck for a second day on 50th quest (gain 4 enchantment). In the last 2 days no enchantment dropped from neighbors chests and I’ve got only 2 enchantments per 16 hours available in the tournament (due to low number of available provinces). At the moment it looks like one enchantment quest per week (per tournament), which is not my desired pace. :-/

PS: it feels so annoyingly slow also because my main city has finished already. Considering the unbelievable empty space I had after getting rid of Orcs, I would be actually ashamed if I still worked on sequential quests. ;-) Oh, and of course I’ve got MA in that city. It is useful building. Just not that useful in early-ish chapters.

m4rt1n

Adept
With a new city it can take almost all the event to complete but I'm sure you will have plenty of time. January 3rd is a while off yet.
I joined with the first Easter event just starting in 2017 and managed to complete it fully from a scratch build city.
Patience is key and I am now ch12 and taking my time with this one also and have not yet failed to complete an event. :)

Deleted User - 341074

Is it going to be offered again?
Probably not as it seems we are getting 1 set building per 5-6 days. That said, you only need 3 different kinds of set buildings to get almost full benefits.
Did they get way better?
Indeed they did. Massively so.
E.g. 1 fair, 1 sled & 1 frost = 35 squares and would increase your T2&3 production by ~20% and your mana by 50%

Thagdal

Sorcerer
so whats up with the elvenade carriage? it expires in 50 days and creates a 10% portal profit every 4 days. so that means it will make 12 and have 2 days spare...will it produce a 5% for the last 2 days??o_O:confused:
these expiring buildings are getting out of control..:mad:

Deleted User - 341074

@Thagdal having those extra 2 days is perfect since most players aren't robots, and won't collect every 96h 00m 00s.
48h of timeshifting should be enough for a normal player to not miss any of the 12 PP.

m4rt1n

Adept
@Thagdal having those extra 2 days is perfect since most players aren't robots, and won't collect every 96h 00m 00s.
48h of timeshifting should be enough for a normal player to not miss any of the 12 PP.

I agree, as I always miss the last one on a 50 day 48h collect, sometimes by minutes as you take a second or two to collect even if you are ready.

Deleted User - 341074

This event is difficult without Magic Academy!!! I know, I know, it’s considered mandatory building (can’t be deleted) and spells are cool and bla bla bla. However, I really don’t see a point in building MA in a young city. The footprint is huge and relics for spells are few and far between. :-/
I agree that if you don't account for events, the MA is too big in the very beginning, and it is hard to get the full use at low levels due to reduced relics.
However, if you see it as "the building that lets you complete events" then maybe using 5x5 squares now that you will eventually use anyways is worth it because you can credit all of the wonderful event winnings to the MA.;)

DeletedUser7925

Q: Do we get wishing wells per 250 snowflakes after unlocking three grand prizes or just after claiming three daily p?

FieryArien

Necromancer
(...) However, if you see it as "the building that lets you complete events" then maybe using 5x5 squares now that you will eventually use anyways is worth it because you can credit all of the wonderful event winnings to the MA.;)
The next tournament will decide. :-D I’ll reach the 73th quest (gain 5 enchantments) tomorrow morning and I’ll try to pass that one as well as the 90th quest (gain 6 enchantments) during the same tournament. If I fail, I’ll build Magic Academy before the next (big) event. But if I succeed ... I’ll just be very proud of myself. ;-)

FieryArien

Necromancer
so whats up with the elvenade carriage? it expires in 50 days and creates a 10% portal profit every 4 days. so that means it will make 12 and have 2 days spare...will it produce a 5% for the last 2 days??o_O:confused:
these expiring buildings are getting out of control..:mad:
What bothers me on this building is the 50% more space requirement compared to Trading Outpost:

- Elvendale Carriage takes 6 squares and gives 10% refill every 4 days. Expires in 50 days.
- Trading Outpost takes 4 squares and gives 5% refill every 2 days (that’s same 10% in 4 days). Expires in 50 days.

The disadvantage of Trading Outpost is that you collect more often and you might miss out more due to late collects. Does it really justify the added space? I don’t think so!

DeletedUser4636

Heya all :) Winter Magic event is going pretty good - would love to see an additional way to make extra snowflakes ...I play on regular EN servers and also in Beta (ZZ1).
On Beta I have completed the list of all tasks 2 days ago & event will be running till Dec20, would be cool , if extra tasks could be offered to still get more snowflakes (not only the dailies & the random drops around the city) !!
I know this would upset the balance of how many "treats" you can get, but it would be a nice addition for winter events :) in the Christmas mood ... options to up our chances to collect more rewards !!

Sir Derf

Adept
Hey player, How ya doin'?

Are you progressing along well? Generating Coins and Supplies? Crafting Goods? Training Troops? Upgrading Buildings? Guesting with Races? Gathering Knowledge? Wondering about the Ancients?

Happy Elven Holidays.

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall Holiday.

Here, have some free stuff. Do the things you normally do, but less efficiently because we want specific tasks in a specific order, and for the inconvenience we'll give you things you don't need, but that you might like. For free. Instants for Coins, Supplies, Knowledge, Time. We'll even give you some benefits even if you do nothing, just for walking around in the woods every once in a while. If you're lucky, you can get some special buildings. If you're really lucky, some of them are extra special together.

What's that? You want more free stuff? You know, the stuff that we don't have to give you, the stuff that's not required to play, the stuff that didn't exist until we created it so we could give it away?

Deleted User - 341074

Do the things you normally do, but less efficiently because we want specific tasks in a specific order, and for the inconvenience we'll give you things you don't need, but that you might like.
Ha! Too accurate.:D

DeletedUser7793

Hello, is there another way to increase the population that not being through the residences? I can not place any manufacturing building because they require much more population that I do not have and I have already reached the maximum of the upgrades for the class of residences that I am in and I can not therefore have more population. And to move on to the next class of residences, I need goods that I can not produce, because of the lack of population. As you can see, I am in a vicious circle and therefore I have stagnated.

cwgiii

Shaman
There are event building prizes that provide pure population (or hybrid structures). I try to collect at least one of these every event to keep in pocket for such block points in game.

FieryArien

Necromancer
@lopitus, considering the thread you used (Winter Magic event), I should say that some daily special buildings do provide population. The nearest such offer is in 4 days. You can look up the info about the event on Elven gems site. Also you click there on “Daily prices”, you’ll see what building is offered which day and what are their stats (for your current chapter).

However, more general advice would be:
- Build more (temporary) residences. Once you build/upgrade your manufactories, you’ll be able to upgrade your residences and even drop some of these temporary residences.
- Get into a decent fellowship, where people help you move over this troubled period. They can trade with you the goods you can’t produce, so you can upgrade your residences and build your own manufactories.