• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic!

Killiak

Artisan
You could, but IMO it's better to get repeat dailies.
My ideal would be 2 stalls, 2 fairs, 2 frost, and as many sleds as possible

How much would that give you per 24h?

Also, I personally prefer the Grand Prizes, because there is no RNG involved in getting them. All you need is Snowflakes and the DoubleDays.
Not to mention the set is relatively compact and gives 3KP every 24 hours, for eternity.

m4rt1n

Adept
I have a fellow who is stuck on the solve x encounters quests because they require Orcs and haven't unlocked them yet.
I thought this issue have been dealt with by the introduction of tournament encounters, but it seems a backwards step has been taken by inno.
I have advised them to contact support if they are completely stuck.

Deleted User - 341074

How much would that give you per 24h?

Also, I personally prefer the Grand Prizes, because there is no RNG involved in getting them. All you need is Snowflakes and the DoubleDays.
Not to mention the set is relatively compact and gives 3KP every 24 hours, for eternity.
Each set factory gives about as much as a max level factory.
Considering that a factory needs a workshop and residences and culture and roads this means each factory is worth multiple expansions. From 3 to 12 depending chapter.
If you are in mana chapters, the frost set building is about the size of a library but produces more mana than 7 Libraries.
Also they basically never go bad as even a chapter 5 set building is more efficient than a chapter 13 factory.

Killiak

Artisan
@SoggyShorts Thank you Soggy.

@Dizzy Lizzie
As for the event;
- While the art is great, again, I find it a real shame that the Yeti just keeps repeating the same text over and over.
- Furthermore, the event has these horrendous quests again that will make people quit the event, or be unable to continue. I find it hard to believe that Inno is/was incapable of quickly adjusting the quests for this, especially after the glowing reviews for the Halloween event quests.
- Newsletters. Same problems, different event. Fail.

So all in all, it really feels like Inno just slapped together a template for a quick event to end up the year without too much effort, mucking about with their newsletter once again.
The only people I will give positive points to is the art team.

Sir Derf

Adept
Chapter 6, Grand Prize Snow Owl set.

If I've done my math correctly, the full set produces for me 5,820 Elixir / day. A Chapter 6 Level 15 Elixir Manufactory can produce 2,487 Elixir / day (9-3-3-3-3-3). 234% output.

That 20 square Elixir Manufactory needs 2,087 Population, 417 Culture, and a boatload of associated roads, for an effective 162 squares. For equivalent daily output to a single Snow Owl set, that totals 379.08 used squares, using 4,883.58 Population and 975.78 Culture.

On the other hand, the 30 square set provides 920 Population, 1,220 Culture, 69,000 Gold and 3 Knowledge / day. Not sure how to count the Knowledge, but counting the Pop and Culture, it has an effective -72.81 used squares. If you were to replace 2.34 existing Ch6-EM-15s and supporting buildings with a Snow Owl set, that would be the equivalent of gaining 451.89 unused squares, or just over 18 Expansions.

And I thought Traveling Merchant IIIs were the bees knees (well, after Trading Outposts, which have actual bees knees). I am actually stunned.

Deleted User - 341074

@Sir Derf
Just wait till you run the numbers on getting 3-4 of each stalls+fairs+sleds
It's like getting 20-60 expansions depending on chapter.
I'm aiming for around 45 expansions worth of production

Sir Derf

Adept
@Sir Derf
Just wait till you run the numbers on getting 3-4 of each stalls+fairs+sleds
It's like getting 20-60 expansions depending on chapter.
I'm aiming for around 45 expansions worth of production
I'll need to dig into Elven Architect to get the numbers... Later, my Quest 34 6x24 hour Workshop is about to finish...

DeletedUser7733

is possibly but highly unlikely.
Sorry, I forgot that in statistics everything's possible. haha

From stuff I've read from someone who has done the calculation, "Reasonable non-unluck [good luck or neutral luck], judicious use of Double Delicacy Days, and frugal non-set Daily Building attempts and it sounds like better-than-even odds." [at being able to get both sets.]
I've done my calculation and if I consider the odds of 2nd best chests for the purpose, collect 30 snowflakes a day and complete all quests, I should be able to get 5 buildings on top of Snow Owls set. But of course all depends on luck and needs to get adjusted based on the progress.

DeletedUser3097

I have a fellow who is stuck on the solve x encounters quests because they require Orcs and haven't unlocked them yet.
I thought this issue have been dealt with by the introduction of tournament encounters, but it seems a backwards step has been taken by inno.
I have advised them to contact support if they are completely stuck.
Thank you for doing that @m4rt1n Anyone in a similar position should contact Support.

Sir Derf

Adept
Can anyone tell me, for the Winter Market set, 4 of the buildings give goods, but which goods? I'll throw out a guess that, since Snow Owls gives Tier3, then between the four buildings they give out the 4 unboosted Tier1 and Tier2 goods. Does each building give incrementally better of the same good, or do they rotate through?

Anyone? Bueller?

*edit: Duh! I already got 1. So, for me, Market Stalls produces progressively more Steel, so a Tier 1. Any ideas on what the other 3 might give?

Sir Derf

Adept
Also, I'm concerned that my city was founded on top of a magma chamber that might some day erupt, as while the surrounding perimeter is snow covered, my city appears to be in the middle of a patch of clear, unsnowy ground...

m4rt1n

Adept
Also, I'm concerned that my city was founded on top of a magma chamber that might some day erupt, as while the surrounding perimeter is snow covered, my city appears to be in the middle of a patch of clear, unsnowy ground...

Most likely the heat island effect from all those buildings. :D

Deleted User - 341074

@Sir Derf
The stalls give T1+1
So 1 to the right of your T1 boost.
The fair is T2+1
The sled is t3+1

Sir Derf

Adept
@Sir Derf
The stalls give T1+1
So 1 to the right of your T1 boost.
The fair is T2+1
The sled is t3+1

So, with boosts of Marble, Crystal and Gems,

Market Stalls give Steel
Winter Fair gives Scrolls
Sled Carousel gives Elixir (Just like both Snow Owls buildings)

What about the Frost Carved Christmas Tree?

Deleted User - 341074

they always try to steer people along the path of building big rows of items that really only look good in isolation so I don't think they have an interest in facilitating the kind of city realism I am talking about by finding ways to benefit a varied city.
I've been thinking more about this, and I think the opposite may be true.

6 months ago players had 3-7 of each boosted factory, 15-30 residences, and 7-12 workshops for making goods.

Now with the 2 Woodstock sets, and the winter set a player can have the same output with less than half the factories, residences and workshops.
That's more variety and fewer rows.

If the trend continues, then each major event players could get small unique sets and never need more than 1 of each factory. Powerful set buildings could lead to cities that have zero repeat buildings:eek:
The RR spell (if it ever gets released) could further this vision by making various unique event culture/pop buildings viable going forwards.