• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic!

Sir Derf

Adept
Mine got covered in snow yesterday, maybe try a forced refresh. [ctrl]+R so your snow falls.
Be careful for the little snowman down near the precipice though. I'd hate for the little guy to fall off.:eek:
Probably should have said that they got snow-covered after re-leafing the trees.

DeletedUser7733

Be careful for the little snowman down near the precipice though. I'd hate for the little guy to fall off.:eek:
Where is it? I spent like 10 minutes looking for it and couldn't find it, something's really wrong me! :D

DeletedUser7733

Thank you, I should've zoomed in first! Little things make my day :)

DeletedUser7874

It's my first event as I've just started and my city is very small so I don't know what to do.
I'll collect the things and see what happens - I don't think I'll be able to do many quests if they call for resources.

DeletedUser7705

We haven't received any snowflakes around our towns in my fellowship, over in Felyndral today...

***Edit~Just refreshed the page and there are Snowflakes now! Yay! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
I'm gonna be the Grinch again and say what I did last year - I'm not gonna build a single building that's made out of snow and ice as they will look ridiculous in a city that is not wholly Winter themed.

I wish that Inno would consider that some people play the game with the main priority being the aesthetic appearance of the whole thing. If anything I would think that the game makers would be the ones trying to push people to make them nice looking, but they do the opposite most of the time.

Deleted User - 341074

@Pauly7
I don't find it looks bad at all.
I just keep all of my winter stuff in a corner and call it the north.
I still have my frozen king guy and he freezes everything around him.:)

DeletedUser2139

If I aim for 4x frost carved xmas trees and put them together in my city, Will I get 4 link bonusses on each of those buildings? or it will be just one 4x link bonus per day?
I'm confused with the set buildings, I was away from the game for a long time and all of these are new to me.

Also another question is, anyone managed to combine winter market set buildings in a good looking way?

Pauly7

Magus
@Pauly7
I don't find it looks bad at all.
I just keep all of my winter stuff in a corner and call it the north.
I still have my frozen king guy and he freezes everything around him.:)
Haha.... your city must cover a massive area for there to be a frozen North!... Still I like the inventive imagination.

But alas, none of these buildings are for me and I don't build anything that I don't think is "in keeping" no matter what the stats. For the same reason I never built a Weeping Willow despite Inno trying to encourage me to have whole ugly rows of them.

I'm not complaining about the event per se, though. I'll still enjoy playing through those quests at my own pace and I always need a stockpile of tools instants... I just hope that along the way this time the unit upgrade buildings will be back.

Deleted User - 341074

@IBlackRose
No, you will get zero link bonuses.
Only touching a different building in the set gives a bonus.
So for your frost carved to get full mana you beed 2 unique other buildings.
Luckily they are all quite good.

I'd show you an example, but I'm on a phone
Perhaps someone else can
I'll try with a silly example
The mana buildings are bananas.
To get full banana bonus, each banana must touch an apple and an orange. The bananas can share the same orange and apple though.

Pauly7

Magus
The expiring unit upgrade buildings are exclusively for crafting now. So they won't be coming back in any events anymore we're told.
Oh, that's a pity then. It probably means there's nothing that I want to win from this event then. Hmm... last winter event there was one thing - Fishing Spot - as it had almost zero snow and ice... and I still have it now. Hopefully I will find something somewhere to catch my eye.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm gonna be the Grinch again and say what I did last year - I'm not gonna build a single building that's made out of snow and ice as they will look ridiculous in a city that is not wholly Winter themed.

I wish that Inno would consider that some people play the game with the main priority being the aesthetic appearance of the whole thing. If anything I would think that the game makers would be the ones trying to push people to make them nice looking, but they do the opposite most of the time.

And somewhere out there are "some people" who wished for exactly what Inno is giving. Something about "pleasing everybody" comes to mind...

Plus, realize that with the addition of Crafting, should you get any buildings you don't wish to use, you can transform them into more useful things rather than have them sit in a dusty old inventory corner until you chuck them in the wastebasket. So Grinch on down, Grinch on down the ro-oad (to the Magic Academy Crafting and Recycle Center).