• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic!

Timneh

Artisan
This event requires the buying of 55 KP plus any others that the daily quests might call for so that is one good reason for me to pass on this event, the other reason is i am totally sick and tired of events, i find them not fun anymore but boring and the grand prizes are now always set buildings, come on Inno try a little variety now and then.

Jackluyt

Shaman
You can read everything you need to know about the event in our EPL Note:
https://tinyurl.com/yb43uvln

46440371_10212854013605762_1827075540075413504_n.jpg

Here is a brief video overview:

This event requires the buying of 55 KP plus any others that the daily quests might call for so that is one good reason for me to pass on this event, the other reason is i am totally sick and tired of events, i find them not fun anymore but boring and the grand prizes are now always set buildings, come on Inno try a little variety now and then.

I quite agree!
Technically well-constructed and brilliant artwork - but boring and repetitive and not much fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
Looking forward to this event, and preparing for the buy kp quests by stocking up on coin rain instants from crafting, so even though my kp costs are approaching 900k each I should manage and will be taking my time with this one also.
A whole month to complete will make it a nice relaxing event for me to enjoy over Christmas. :)

DeletedUser2510

Any News ref start date for WINTER MAGIC??? I heard via the grapevine he start has been delayed ;this is a pain as am at a critical stage of Orc an dGobilns and holdingg research fo rth eevent is really slowingn up growth as is th epsace I created for extra W/S and factories. maybe yoyu inten to combin it wiht the epatch due to-day?? Either ways it owouoooooooood be good communictaiono if ther couod be a message uder th eBUGLE saying it is dlelayed and start date ..tX :)

m4rt1n

Adept
Any News ref start date for WINTER MAGIC??? I heard via the grapevine he start has been delayed ;this is a pain as am at a critical stage of Orc an dGobilns and holdingg research fo rth eevent is really slowingn up growth as is th epsace I created for extra W/S and factories. maybe yoyu inten to combin it wiht the epatch due to-day?? Either ways it owouoooooooood be good communictaiono if ther couod be a message uder th eBUGLE saying it is dlelayed and start date ..tX :)

The event starts on Monday 3rd December and runs until Thursday 3rd January. :)

DeletedUser3097

SNAP, @m4r1n! (a cold snap at that!) Let the Winter jokes begin! That would be so n-ice!

Dr.nYo

Adventurer
just wondering where did all those big culture building disappeared... didnt c any decent in last few chapters or events. money hunger or "game balance" ??o_Oo_O

FieryArien

Necromancer
Thank you for the announcement. It does give us enough time for preparations.

I like these long events a lot. My needs differ in different phases/chapters of the game and the variety in all the available prices allows me to cherry pick what helps me most in my current and nearest future stage.

- In Winter Magic event I’ll go for the daily specials set with emphasis on getting more Frost Carved Christmas Trees. I’ve entered Woodelves today and I expect the set to help me with mana (plus some bonus goods). Thank you for that!
- In the previous big event, Harvest Festival, I went all for Carting Libraries to get more Knowledge Points to get through the Orcs chapter faster. It helped immensely! In retrospective, I should have gotten more than just one Trading Outpost for Portal Profit instants, but I got through, so it’s ok.
- In the previous previous event, Woodelvenstock, I focused on culture/population hybrids, as people were my main issue. It significantly helped my city’s efficiency. :)
- Even before that I focused mainly on high culture buildings, because that’s what felt best. For example the Burning Egg lasted 3 chapters before I got better regular culture building.

Maybe the above described approach helps someone evaluate the event in a different view.

Best of luck (with opening chests) to everyone!

DeletedUser7733

Thank you for beautiful buildings, I might give this event a good go. I love Christmas and snow!

just wondering where did all those big culture building disappeared... didnt c any decent in last few chapters or events. money hunger or "game balance" ??o_Oo_O
I think they stopped it as most people want culture/population hybrids, I personally prefer big, culture only buildings as I get a nice culture bonus with just one visit and they keep their value for a long time. That's why I don't do many events lately.

DeletedUser3571

I agree that i would like to see more Big size Culture buildings. Its better for the smaller players, and a few decent culture only can help the big players get culture bonus, without affecting mana to much. (to many hybrid buildings in events)

Have to say i have not liked the set buildings as they seem to disrupt the city to much and have very little culture, so i like the snow owl set more than the winter market set as it only has 3 small buildings. But i do think the snow owl set would be much better if they did not have population but had double the current culture.

I think i a good bonus for some set buildings would be to increase the culture provided, rather than give coins or goods.

Deleted User - 341074

I'm pretty impressed with how awesome the daily set is. The goods buildings are as good as a max level factory, and the mana building is as good as 7 Libraries!
Between the harvest set and this one I'll make 3x more goods from sets as I do from factories

DeletedUser7733

@SoggyShorts It would great if the buildings retained their value, once you move to the next chapter their value is not as good as you unlock new buildings and upgrades. Now, when I'm in Amuni, it doesn't matter that much any more as it will take a while to move to the next chapter. But players at lower levels could be completing a chapter a month so the event building might retain its value for only a month or less. Of course, once they release the Royal Restoration Spell some of these buildings can be upgraded but I don't like acting on promises.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7704

I am exited about the event it will be my first winter event.
Just a question on the set buildings. How will it work if you get 1 or 2 buildings in a chapter, then start a new chapter and collect the other set buildings in a new chapter. as the culture or production value differs from chapter?

Deleted User - 341074

@CleverAngel777
Indeed, event buildings including the daily set do lose value as you progress, but this set is so good that you won't outgrow it for many months or even years.

Let's see...for a dwarf:
1xmarket stall =2760 t1 = 460 per square.
1xwinter fair = 3520 t2 =440 per square
1xsled = 4000 t3 = 444 per square
Amuni effeciency doesn't even hit 400, so no need to worry about outgrowing the set for about a year I think.
You can check your current production per square here:
https://elvenefficiency.netlify.com
And your set productions here
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/buildings

Sir Derf

Adept
Winter is definitely Magic! I had been worried that my surrounding forest might catch on fire, what with all those unraked fallen brown leaves, but they appear to have all turned green again and reattached themselves.

m4rt1n

Adept
Winter is definitely Magic! I had been worried that my surrounding forest might catch on fire, what with all those unraked fallen brown leaves, but they appear to have all turned green again and reattached themselves.

Mine got covered in snow yesterday, maybe try a forced refresh. [ctrl]+R so your snow falls.
Be careful for the little snowman down near the precipice though. I'd hate for the little guy to fall off.:eek: