• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic!

Deleted User - 341074

as i stated previously i dont want the set, space is more precious atm for building my fairy buildings.
Right, and as I showed in those links, the set saves space, it takes up negative 16 squares:p
But if you won't be getting GP3 it doesn't matter anyways.

Deleted User - 341074

@SoggyShorts you want me to delete an elixir manu? the gp's give me t3 dust.
That would be up to you, you'd lose some Elixir production but gain more dust than you lose, and T3 is pretty much 1:1 so not a bad deal at all IMO.
Personally, I ran fairies with a 4:3:2 build back before sets existed. That's a playstyle choice though, not something I'm recommending.

One thing that these set buildings is really messing with is goods balances within a FS.
Like my Beta city: My boost is gems, and I make
35K Gems per day
12K Dust per day
103K Elixir per day.
If I wanted to get into a FS that "Needs an Elixir Boosted player" I'd have some explaining to do...:p

Edit:
you have loads of room BTW, the max fairies build is 5:4 because the portal doesn't hold very much , unlike other
chapters.
Note: this is ugly, don't actually do this, I was just measuring space.
https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/4b8f72f191e54917b648e6767144ac5d/

Last edited by a moderator:

Thagdal

Sorcerer
i agree with goods balances, one in my FS has the krarak/kirit 4 set and makes just as much t2 and t3 that she doesnt need to trade for non boosted goods anymore. its almost like Inno want to get rid of FS trading altogether...:eek::D

and no i havent deleted the other 2 GP buildings yet. i have 536 snowflakes left and with the double day on now and next week i might try for the 3rd building. only 390 to go but i dont like my chances..:(

Deleted User - 341074

i have 536 snowflakes left and with the double day on now and next week i might try for the 3rd building. only 390 to go
The basic calculation is 3.5x needed. So you need 390, then you need to spend 1,365 on a double day to get it.
If there is a double day tomorrow on Beta, which I think there will be *fingers crossed* You will have 14 days to go from 536 to 1365.
That is just under 60 snowflakes per day. It's possible, but gonna be tight. Are any of the prizes offered between now and then more interesting to you than the set?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
The basic calculation is 3.5x needed. So you need 390, then you need to spend 1,365 on a double day to get it.
If there is a double day tomorrow on Beta, which I think there will be *fingers crossed* You will have 14 days to go from 536 to 1365.
That is just under 60 snowflakes per day. It's possible, but gonna be tight. Are any of the prizes offered between now and then more interesting to you than the set?

only the wishing wells interest me, i see the pop/culture hybrids as traps until such time as we get the RR spell.... which is gonna make things interesting, will people still go for new set/event buildings if they can already upgrade old set/event buildings?...:eek:

Pauly7

Magus
The problem with these sets, despite all the positive calculating is that in time they become obsolete. Manufactories continually upgrade, which event buildings do not. I know you're gonna say, well the Royal Restoration spell, but I'm fairly sure we're in for a nasty surprise with that. The other option, I suppose, is to be constantly upgrading your sets every time a new event comes around. In order to keep updating you would have to be happy putting anything into your city without being fussy, no matter what it looks like.

Me, I haven't used any snowflakes yet. The one building I'm going to go for is "Fishing Spot" as this is the one building this time last year which I felt was sufficiently not snowy for it to make it into my city, so this year I will just be replacing that with a higher level version. Aside from that there's nothing I want. I am looking forward to getting a bunch of instants, but I am hoping that once... just once... there is a day where they offer something generic like time boosters or something, but they're not going to do it are they?

Deleted User - 341074

i see the pop/culture hybrids as traps
Indeed they can be, but as long as you keep it low, they won't lock you in.(like 25% of your pop or less) For example, the winter star Gives 75 pop per square plus culture and your residences won't beat that until halfway through chapter 9, and don't need to be replaced until chapter 10 which gives plenty of time.
The problem with these sets, despite all the positive calculating is that in time they become obsolete.
But the amount of time is so extreme. The set from dailies that you can win in chapter 6 or 7 gives more goods per square than factories in chapter 13.
Worrying about a set this powerful becoming obsolete is like not buying a car because it will need to be replaced in 25 years.

m4rt1n

Adept
I managed to win the set building today with only 2 smallest spins, so am still on track for the whole of both sets, with 176/400 for GP3 and 1730 snowflakes remaining.
Hopefully I'll have a shot at a couple of culture/pop buildings also. :)

FieryArien

Necromancer
Omg, that set is awsome, I’ve got 2 Stalls and 2 Fairs (just to provide the link activation) and yesterday I won 5 Carrousels (all have 2 links activated now). The Carrousels give me more gems per day than I produce dust!! I was in trouble with T3 goods lately and decided to build another manufactory, but I guess my problems are solved. :eek:

The cherry on top is that my main goal was to get some Christmas Trees for mana production. I’ve still got about 2200 snowflakes waiting for the Tree day. My future looks pretty good right now. :D (Please RNG God, don’t listen to this, it wasn’t meant as a blasphemy, I really don’t need any lesson in understanding “luck”.)

DeletedUser7533

Yeesh! 16 hours worth of time making 8 baskets of groceries, and for 18 lousy snowflakes. That's damn near the definition of Scrooge!
Meanwhile, the snowflake droppings aren't worth the opportunity costs to pick up (compared to the costs and rewards), but I need people, so ...
Feels like a grind rather than an event (and I play Elite Dangerous)...

DeletedUser5976

The number of snowflakes you gain in sequential quests increases and it does accumulate in the end to get you some nice stuff with a little luck.

DeletedUser7309

Apologies if this covered elsewhere... I’m trying to gain enchantments for one of the tasks through the magic academy; there must be a way without diamonds or boosters to gain enchantments in less time than a geological era

m4rt1n

Adept
Apologies if this covered elsewhere... I’m trying to gain enchantments for one of the tasks through the magic academy; there must be a way without diamonds or boosters to gain enchantments in less time than a geological era

Yes, play the weekly tournament in a fellowship either one you join, or one you start yourself.

Also daily neighbourly help on PC offers 3 treasure chests a day and you could get lucky in those. :)

DeletedUser7309

Ta very much, was hoping to get 5 enchantments before the next tournament; this task has popped up at the wrong time

m4rt1n

Adept
Gutted - I’m mobile only ☹️

I was hoping the latest upgrade including loading the city would include those but sadly not for now. I'm sure it will come soon. :)

Also for info I used my snowflakes very sparingly, and got the gingerbread with one 40 snowflake spin, and set building 4 in4 spins.
I'm learning to be patient so only need one set building each to complete both sets fully.
Current situation is 251/400 for GP3, and 1623 snowflakes in the bank, having completed all 100 quests about a week ago. :)

For everyone, from the beginning, I have spun the lowest wheel each time so far as the big ones have never been lucky for me in the past. :)