• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic

Deleted User - 1759805

I suppose it depends on if you consider 133 bonus quests to be a couple extra...
You forgot that you can win ribbons in presents on every card. With that, you don't need nearly as much. If you complete regular quests after a week you will end up with about 5200 ribbons or so (picking up ribbons from the city + 100 from newsletter, but that's it). According to my simulation, this should be enough for 16 grand prizes, meaning you're just 20 bricks short, or 10 hammers on average. Number of people spent their ribbons after completing the regular section, and got 16-17 GPs (e.g. see @m4rt1n's post above).

To hit 17 GPs on average, one needs slightly less than 5600 ribbons as an input, which can be done just picking up ribbons from the city after completing regular quests.

Now, on average doesn't mean guaranteed, so certainly some people will need bonus quests to hit 17 GPs. But then again some are able to do that even without finishing regular quests (again, see above).

Pauly7

Magus
Question: Why do players get penalized for doing event faster? I am on the bonus quests, but with only 20 ribbons per quest, which take 3, 9 or double hours to produce out of maxed manufactories, its impossible to gain enough ribbons to open 1 set of chests per day, so you basically exclude fast performers from gaining speeds, kp and such. I am very disappointed in this event, first, you cant choose type of chest you want to win, second you are screwed on gaining ribbons
You're not penalised. You are given "bonuses" as the name suggests. Remember that you have already finished the quest line. In all previous events other than the last couple (which were ridiculous) you would have nothing at all to do now... Hence you are being REWARDED right now.

Sir Derf

Adept
Penalized for doing event faster... really?

A player does the event faster. They get the 4809 ribbons from the 130 quests in 1 week. They then have 3 weeks to grind through harder quests at 20 ribbons per quest.

A player does the event slower. They get the 4809 ribbons from the same 130 quests in 3 weeks. They then have 1 week to grind through the same harder quests at the same 20 ribbons per quest.

Which player will have more ribbons at the end of 4 weeks?

Players are advantaged for doing the event faster.

Yes, there is a drop in rewards for the bonus quests compared to the final rewards for the regular quests, but that does not represent a penalty. If further quests had negative rewards, actually taking ribbons away, then you would be being penalized for finishing faster.

Deleted User - 495278

I was always told if you have nothing good to say...say nothing at all...so " nothing at all ". But ( I was never good at doing what I was told:p )
I've read several threads on these events since my short time playing the game, and I get the impression most that comment are in end game scenario's. When players talk about getting through the questline in a week, or obtaining thousands of ribbons, I really can't see it in my own game. I always find I'm tech locked with the very weird resource balancing that goes on with guest races, so I have no interest in buying kp...so why would I? Especially given the `prizes' which are getting extremely difficult to get given the increasing `layers' of RNG being applied !! Even then the very few that are worth trying for anyway, do little for the main game play, and only seem to help in events....but as we have seen , because they keep changing the style of events, things of value to one event now are less than useful in the next, so again what is the purpose?
Then there is the argument put forward that these game companies are out to make money, so making the end goal limited to those willing to spend money is what they design for. Well I'm sorry I disagree. Game companies are there to design fun games, which we spend our time and hard earned cash on because they are fun to do. In the case of these events, more is less, both in the number of events that are being thrown out, and the duration or number of quests to be done to get the prize. They have become a chore in themselves, and have added too, not distracted from, the chore of the game created by a lack of creative thinking on behalf of the game designers moving forward.
Ok I came to the game when another game I play was going through a similar phase, and effectively drove me away. It seemed to have learnt the lesson and improved for a while although the seeds of its destruction are still present , but it does mean I'm only an investor of time not money. Not really what the `free to play' games are built for despite the title! Does this mean my opinion counts for less? Well there are games companies out there that still have game designers good at creating fun games and not run by coin counters, so whether my opinion counts or not, it should at least be heard.
ps. I received the buy 10 kp quest three days ago and given the comments of this thread, stopped playing the event there and then. I'm back to logging in once a day to pick up the ridiculously long 12hr production cycles of the quest race, whoopee do lots of fun there Devs. Good job!:rolleyes:

Sir Derf

Adept
KP can also go to Ancient Wonders when you are tech locked. That's the other reason why you might be interested in buying KP.

Also, even if you're not willing to view a game company as wanting profit, you have to at least allow that they need to at least break even in order to continue making fun games.

Deleted User - 495278

KP can also go to Ancient Wonders when you are tech locked. That's the other reason why you might be interested in buying KP.

Also, even if you're not willing to view a game company as wanting profit, you have to at least allow that they need to at least break even in order to continue making fun games.
Yes I know I could put surplus kp into my ancient wonders, and it is what I do with it, or give it to friends for theirs, when I'm tech locked. ( I have a level 17 tome of secrets..... ironically producing more kp LMAO ). But that's not to say I'm going to buy kp which goes up in price everytime you do, just to progress through a quest with a very poor return, and will get repeated again and again because the devs lack the ability to be creative. It was bad enough when there was a fourty or sixty quest line in the events. But now there are 180 odd. Have they created 120 NEW quests? ....I repeat, in these events less would be more, just look at the thread to see what players have said about the repetitive nature of the quest line...
Again, this `company has to make a profit' argument is pointless. IF they make a fun game players will buy into it, and they will make money. What is happening when companies use these poor `profit' excuses is they are no longer capable of developing the game further creatively and switch to milking the addicted and what was fun turns into grind which we are expected to continue to pay for. If we don't because we see what is happening and turn to free to play, players, then we are blamed for not supporting the development of the game. ( As if creativity is reliant on payment up front, sorry I'm not that stupid )
If the devs are not paying attention to player feedback, or are too far up themselves and their idea of their game to react to the dissatisfaction of their customers, then they deserve to lose the revenue, simples.

m4rt1n

Adept
Completed the normal questline with 10 artifacts and a second base building.

The harder quests are exactly that, my first is scout or tech, both going to be 3 days away now.

Hekata

Artisan
On the opposite side of the luck coin I have spent about 4200 ribbons today. Those were from the finished quest line and about 15 quests from the hard one and I got only 7x the daily prize and only 8 artifacts, with 11 more bricks to go to get the ice lindworm and then 20 more to get the 9th artifact. So that's how much difference the luck factor in getting more extra ribbons (got only 3 times extra ribbons ribbons and never double ones) and getting 1, 2 or 3 bricks makes. As so many people have said both here and on Beta, worst event ever. Events used to be my favourite part of the game and now I don't feel like doing them anymore. That's how much Inno has killed the fun of the game for me.

DeletedUser8573

So if I got it right. If I complete all the basic quests then I will get close to getting 9 artifacts? In that case it doesn't sound too bad.

If that is true my only gripe is that "secondary" rewards are much worse than before. But on the other hand, basic quests are very easy and almost like... enjoyable :oops:

Edit: With enjoyable I mean that there is no rush to complete them and I most likely manage to do them all in 1 month. No 1-2 day productions and no need to fill my town with level 1 buildings

Killiak

Artisan
Ah, addendum @Muf-Muf @Silmaril

Hi Silmaril, welcome to being a community manager!
Here's your first bit you can carry back to the devs, since they seem to have some learning issues with the following;

Inno has stated some time ago that they wanted people to slow down on world province expansion, since we were going too fast. Orcs were implemented among other things, to slow it down to manageable levels for the devs. This happens with many things, like event reward systems for example, because apparently we the players need to be managed in our succeses and enjoyment!
Oddly enough though, in many events we the players were forced to complete provinces and encounters in the world map regardless of Inno's previous statements and reasoning. This caused issues with people getting stuck, and another part of the issue was the very long scouting times for players, growing only longer this way.
Now, after much feedback and many topics written on it, I had thought it had finally sunk in that such (event) quests should have an alternative option, so that players could avoid undesirable world province completion. Such rejoicing!

But 'lo and behold; "complete a province" has returned to us as a quest without an alternative! It boggles my mind, as we are constantly told that 'your feedback is heard!'. Unfortunately, it seems that Dev memory is akin to that of a goldfish; 3 events and it's gone again.

m4rt1n

Adept
Completed the normal questline with 10 artifacts and a second base building.

The harder quests are exactly that, my first is scout or tech, both going to be 3 days away now.

Time boosters on scout, a complete waste as I should know better, 2X toolbox now using leveled workshops.
No complaints though I got a 1 house and enough artifacts to fully upgrade it from the regular much nicer quests, so anything now is a bonus.

Much better than the last event although I do dislike completely the complete randomness of the prize system then especially the extra clicks to turn hammers into the house.
@Silmaril Inno were going in the right direction for a lot of us reducing clicking then suddenly they add more clicking again. A lot of us are older players and myself I suffer with carpel tunnel and was so happy over the last year with less clicking in the game, but now a lot more clicking has been added again.
If this system is here to stay, I don't want to individually click each hammer.
One button to use all hammers at once would be most welcome. :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7781

What @Vetrinus said above. And I also said a few comments back. In the previous events we controlled how many tokens we want to get for our currency. We could choose the most efficient chest or disregard that and go for the ones with the best chance for the daily prize or the ones with the items we want (boosters, spells...)

DeletedUser7781

I agree with Ventrinus. The choice of which chest we were interested in, were taken away. Ribbons used to open the x2 are wasted, the shuffle opens remaining chests, instead of giving an option whether you want to proceed ir shuffle. throw away substandard buildings are amongst the prizes, i never would have chosen a chest with a random flame building in it, why should i waste ribbons obtaining it now? If this is the standard for upcoming events Innogames just shot themselves in the big toe, i wont be interested to waste my time doing same structured events, its a waste of precious time, resources and money spent on a miss fire event.

I am truly dissapointed, used to love doing events, but this one left a bitter taste.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Ah, addendum @Muf-Muf @Silmaril

Hi Silmaril, welcome to being a community manager!
Here's your first bit you can carry back to the devs, since they seem to have some learning issues with the following;

Inno has stated some time ago that they wanted people to slow down on world province expansion, since we were going too fast. Orcs were implemented among other things, to slow it down to manageable levels for the devs. This happens with many things, like event reward systems for example, because apparently we the players need to be managed in our succeses and enjoyment!
Oddly enough though, in many events we the players were forced to complete provinces and encounters in the world map regardless of Inno's previous statements and reasoning. This caused issues with people getting stuck, and another part of the issue was the very long scouting times for players, growing only longer this way.
Now, after much feedback and many topics written on it, I had thought it had finally sunk in that such (event) quests should have an alternative option, so that players could avoid undesirable world province completion. Such rejoicing!

But 'lo and behold; "complete a province" has returned to us as a quest without an alternative! It boggles my mind, as we are constantly told that 'your feedback is heard!'. Unfortunately, it seems that Dev memory is akin to that of a goldfish; 3 events and it's gone again.

Hello Killiak, Thank you for your welcome!

As with so many of the changes our developers are working on, it does take time for them to be implemented as the nature of programming is never a quick thing. Events take many months of planning and programming prior to even reaching the beta server.

You are also quite right in that we are aware of this as it has been fed back from players.

DeletedUser1874

My experience in the "bonus" segment as an endgame player:

>relatively hard but doable quest
>scout (90 hours) or research (N/A)

Seriously, who's the genius who thought that a "Scout or Research" without an alternative - even "Collect 30 VVs" or something along those lines would've been acceptable and that's not something you do by snapping your fingers, since a mod on the Beta boards shoved words in my mouth by accusing me of wanting "easy things", perhaps someone should explain to him that "easy" and "doable" are two very different things!

And while not getting the same two quests twice in a row is a good thing, the flag is clearly not enough to prevent such unlucky streaks, streaks that leave a player feeling absolutely and utterly frustrated and impotent. There, I'm done with the feedback, the rest is on the Beta boards and despite having 90 hours to dig it up, I really can't be bothered because my main concern was exactly this quest without a third alternative, and lo and behold, here we are.

Vetrinus over and out, Sunday, 15 December 2019, 15:32:18. Next radio contact won't be before Thursday, 19 December 2019, 09:32:18. How exciting.

Thrakazoga

Adventurer
The quest to use 30 kp or add 25kp to an AW does not specifically say another's AW. This is very misleading and would cause an inexperienced player to waste their precious KP on their own AW. It is not a bug, just very bad grammar and a huge assumption by the event designers.

I can see that attempts have been made to make the event system better. Unfortunately it has not worked in the players favour with, for me at least, too many varieties of quest to make T1 goods given almost back to back and a token make, not gain, a shed load of supplies. So again the randomness of quests is still skewed to make as few ribbons as possible.

The shuffle element should have a discard element, as it could turn up when the player has a 50-50 chance of x num of ribbons and a musical reindeer.

In conclusion to these thoughts ramblings.....
4 out of 10 for design
5 out of 10 for execution
And 10 out 10 for changing the event mechanics after the event has started.

Timneh

Artisan
In conclusion to these thoughts ramblings.....
4 out of 10 for design
5 out of 10 for execution
And 10 out 10 for changing the event mechanics after the event has started.

I think you are being generous with those scores but that is just my opinion.

My thoughts on this event are. The devs said they listened to player feedback and removed the need for leveled workshops and manufactories so great on that point BUT they also changed the quests from produce T1 boost 3, 9 24hr productions and the 5, 15min 1hr 3hr 9hr etc productions from workshops and made them produce a certain number of goods or supplies. Having to produce large amounts of goods and supplies still makes having L1 workshops and manufactories pretty much pointless. I am actually ok with this change but some players did want the choice to use L1 buildings brought back so in that sense the devs didn't listen but then again a lot of players were happy to have the L1 buildings removed.
The devs have said that we will no longer get the same quest back to back but that has not been the case. Sorry devs but changing the words of the quest from gain to buy does not make it a different quest. I have had buy X amount of supplies then gain X amount of supplies and then back to buy X amount of supplies. There should be a limit as to the number of times that the same quest can come up, several fellows have complained that they are getting buy 10 KP time after time, some smaller accounts are having trouble buying all those KP because they can not make coins fast enough with the increasing cost of every KP bought.
The new system for getting the prizes is total crap. The dev that is responsible for introducing all of the RNG that is now in the game needs to pull his head out of his rear end and think about how much it is making this game less fun.
The prizes for this event in my opinion are the worst of any event that we have had and really most of them are not worth having.
These are just my personal thoughts and i'm sure a lot of people will dissagree and that is their perogative.
I'm actually glad that i have now stopped playing this event.