• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic

Timneh

Artisan
Now that the event is finished i would like to thank the devs for making it so easy to ignore. I stopped playing it when i got sick of getting buy 10 KP quests. If the number of KP was reduced to 3 then i would not mind so much getting that quest so many times. If the daily prizes and the grand prize had been worth having i might have found it harder to ignore the event but as they were so underwhelming (in my opinion) the event was easy to ignore and i enjoyed my time just working on my city and not worrying about getting bows. If the next event is as boring and worthless as this one was i will be ignoring that one as well.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Now that the event is finished i would like to thank the devs for making it so easy to ignore. I stopped playing it when i got sick of getting buy 10 KP quests. If the number of KP was reduced to 3 then i would not mind so much getting that quest so many times. If the daily prizes and the grand prize had been worth having i might have found it harder to ignore the event but as they were so underwhelming (in my opinion) the event was easy to ignore and i enjoyed my time just working on my city and not worrying about getting bows. If the next event is as boring and worthless as this one was i will be ignoring that one as well.

You're railing against the wrong quest there, buying KP is a nice easy quest! If you don't have coin handy, or coin instants, you can use your boosted goods to buy them instead.

Some people put way too much emphasis on trying to avoid buying KP to keep the costs low, but it doesn't really matter, as you move up chapters your coin and goods income increases, so the relative cost of buying KP pretty much stays constant even after buying many thousands of them. Don't be afraid to buy KP!

Deleted User - 106219

You're railing against the wrong quest there, buying KP is a nice easy quest! If you don't have coin handy, or coin instants, you can use your boosted goods to buy them instead.

Some people put way too much emphasis on trying to avoid buying KP to keep the costs low, but it doesn't really matter, as you move up chapters your coin and goods income increases, so the relative cost of buying KP pretty much stays constant even after buying many thousands of them. Don't be afraid to buy KP!
That's true in the later chapters, but not in the early ones (pre-dwarves) - at that time the cost of buying KPs increases much faster than your ability to generate coins and goods.

Anyway, did everyone get the survey about the event? I sure hope so and it wasn't for only some of us.

Paladestar

Enchanter
That's true in the later chapters, but not in the early ones (pre-dwarves) - at that time the cost of buying KPs increases much faster than your ability to generate coins and goods.

Anyway, did everyone get the survey about the event? I sure hope so and it wasn't for only some of us.
I got the survey, but I felt that it kinda missed the mark by asking the wrong questions!

Timneh

Artisan

I'm not afraid to buy KP when i have a need for them but when you get asked to buy 10 KP every 3rd or fourth quest it gets to be a bit much. I quit the event after i got the tenth quest to buy 10 KP, a member of my FS quit after they got 14 quests to buy KP. Like i said if the number got reduced to 3 KP it would not be so bad.

I also got the survey but i was a little disappointed that there was nowhere where we could give opinions about the event in our own words but could only answer the questions.

m4rt1n

Adept
Yes the survey lacked in a lot of ways for me, I like to add in the box at the end that didn't exist for Inno's survey. I guess they just want us to think they listen to opinions.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
For me, the event was ... doable. The quests were random, thus no planning. I did not use time boosters or diamonds and I did not craft silly things. Still, no quest took longer than 2 days. I managed to finish all basic quests and one optional one. That was sufficient for 11 artifacts and much less daily prizes than I would have wished for.

The above numbers do not reveal how much less i got involved in this event. It felt more like the (so called) challenges.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the window with the creepy gingerbread guy with his candy hammers are ugly in my eyes. I guess they were designed with much younger players in mind.

The candy hammers are totally superfluous (should have been gingerbread bricks instead) and the flickering bricks serve the same purpose as the wiggling swords during battles on mobile: to annoy the player.

Summary: Doable event with terrible reward window.

geordianna

Soothsayer
I did the survey but was disappointed there was no way to comment on the randomness of quests, the scratch card system or the random no of bricks. None of which I liked

FieryArien

Necromancer
Just got the survey and I bet my rating of the event doesn’t make sense due to the totally insufficient (or plain wrong?) questions asked afterwards. So, here’s my after-the-event feedback:

+ Reasonable quests. Yes, it was repetitive (mostly asking to gain supplies), but not really disruptive to my city schedule. Reasonable compromise.
+ Very well visible ribbons around the city.
+ The split into basic set of quests and way harder bonus set of quests.
+ For a frequent player it was not hard to finish the basic set. (This probably isn’t true for small and young cities.)
+ !EDIT NEXT DAY! Pet foot among the prizes. That was really sweet, because there’s not enough to be found in crafting.
- No control over reshuffle.
- No control over chances to gain various consolation prices.
- Annoying transformation from hammers to bricks. Like seriously? Was THAT necessary?

Because I like the planning and strategizing in this game, this event felt very off. I do not like this mechanics of pulling prices as there was no actual choice included. For me this event wasn’t fun. It was just there, so I just passed some quests. No real interest ...

Background: I have 3 cities (Constructs, Elementals, Fairies) and I finished the basic quests in all of them, even though I did nothing special for the event - usually fulfilled few quests using the overnight production, often used PoP spells (which I often do anyway) and very rarely used MM. The cities have 7-9 artifacts each, even though I ignored the spawned ribbons around the city - with those I would probably get 9 or at least 8 in each.

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
By my counting (I might have missed one or two when on mobile), I was on my 223 quest at the end. I had finished the main 130 in about a week, and so was on the bonus quests for 92 more over the remaining time. I'm very glad that there were bonus quests, as finishing the event with nothing to do other than collecting wilderness ribbons would have been disappointing. I'm torn between being happy that I was able to do 93 more, and disappointed that they didn't get progressively harder.

Paladestar

Enchanter
A "write about your thoughts" would have been nice, or if they could allow you to rate both the Winter Magic Event, and the Bonus Event...
Totally agree, a box where we could free-text our thoughts would have allowed us to cover any gaps that we perceived there to be in the questions. I guess they didn't do this because they just wanted to collate all of the Q+A results into a single, easy to digest, report. Rather than having to look at thousands of individual comments and attempt to group the items of feedback within to find the consensuses.

The way the survey was carried out, just reading this thread instead and taking on board the majority feedback would give Inno a far better picture of what the player-base though worked and what didn't.