• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Winter Magic: Post your ribbon count pre-bonus

DeletedUser8632

I would really like to know how many ribbons people have collected in total until they hit the first bonus quest. Please include how actively you collect from the city map (i.e. very diligently, normal, below normal) - although that shouldn't be a substantial factor in the total count.

Please? Reason: I am insinuating that the normal quests are not enough to upgrade the Gingerbread House to Level 10.

OldHag

Necromancer
I can't saw for sure as I've done at least one shuffle on the one armed bandit everyday, twice on a couple of days.

I finished the regular quests this morning, I have 5 artefacts and 3k ribbons left.

Had it not been for yesterdays update (bites tongue) I would/should have had approx 240 more.

I'm logged on all day, so I collect very diligently. Hope this helps.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm not the right one to answer this right now as I'm guessing I'm less than halfway through the quests.
Please? Reason: I am insinuating that the normal quests are not enough to upgrade the Gingerbread House to Level 10.
On this topic though - I know that those who disagree are probably tired of me saying similar things, but if everyone was guaranteed a top level grand prize then there isn't any element of trying to work hard to win. I think that would make for a much duller event.

If people are getting 70 or 80% of the way through evolving their grand prize and then dipping into bonus quests, maybe hitting them as hard as possible to try and get over the line to level 10 then that sounds much more exciting.

Now, a whole other topic is whether it's worth bothering in the first place for this particular prize or whether the quests are badly thought out and repetitive, but I think the level of difficulty looks much much better this time around.

Sir Derf

Adept
What's the point of your question?

I know, you said you want to show that the normal quests are not enough to upgrade the Gingerbread House to Level 10. I mean, why are you bothering to ask the question? You don't need to survey players and get an average feel; your answer has a definitive answer.

100 ribbons to start
100 ribbons by e-mail
4809 ribbons from 130 quests, 17-57
-----
5009 ribbons

Everyone who finishes the normal quests will give you this value, plus what, 35-ish ribbons/day?

In reverse (I've posted these values before)

9 Artifacts = 17 Grand Prizes = 340 Gingerbread bricks = 114-340 presents = 5700-17000 ribbons.

It would take 3 weeks to complete the normal quests for Perfect luck to give you a Level 10 Gingerbread Mansion.

DeletedUser8632

5009 ribbons
Everyone who finishes the normal quests will give you this value, plus what, 35-ish ribbons/day?

a) And I want to know if that's, in fact, true. :) I know it wont be for me because I lost about a 150 yesterday.
b) At one point somebody will state that doing the regular quests are enough to get a Level 10 Grand Prize and its nice to be able to point to a reference post.
c) I'm not forcing anybody to answer the question. I mean, why bother answering if all you have to say is "Why bother ask?"

DeletedUser8632

On this topic though - I know that those who disagree are probably tired of me saying similar things, but if everyone was guaranteed a top level grand prize then there isn't any element of trying to work hard to win. I think that would make for a much duller event.

If people are getting 70 or 80% of the way through evolving their grand prize and then dipping into bonus quests, maybe hitting them as hard as possible to try and get over the line to level 10 then that sounds much more exciting.

Now, a whole other topic is whether it's worth bothering in the first place for this particular prize or whether the quests are badly thought out and repetitive, but I think the level of difficulty looks much much better this time around.

Two things about this: If the regular quests are not enough to get a grand prize to level 10 - and lets be honest here - anything but level 10 is a waste of space what bonus are the bonus quests referring to? A bonus to ... what???
And I disagree on the difficulty. I am sitting at the end of chapters in 2 cities and average 2 quests/day because I have to produce 25 VV every other quest. I don't even bother to log in anymore during the day because I can neither do the Vision Vapor, the goods or the supply quests in a 3 hour cycle.

m4rt1n

Adept
I got more than enough ribbons to fully evolve the prize while still on the regular quests.

For those who didn't there are over 20 days to collect around the city and fully evolve one building.

Those wanting more than one this time, I believe it is designed to be a premium event so spend money to get 2 or 3, and let the rest of us continue to play for free. :)

Sir Derf

Adept
a) And I want to know if that's, in fact, true. :) I know it wont be for me because I lost about a 150 yesterday.
b) At one point somebody will state that doing the regular quests are enough to get a Level 10 Grand Prize and its nice to be able to point to a reference post.
c) I'm not forcing anybody to answer the question. I mean, why bother answering if all you have to say is "Why bother ask?"
a) It is true. That is the aggregate count of ribbons that should be awarded in the main 130-quest sequence. I understand and commiserate with you on your loss of ribbons from the, as yet, uncommented bug, but barring unexpected events, that is the number that every player should be expecting to accumulate in the normal quest line.
b) Someone very while might state, but the numbers are the numbers. What with luck in the RNG of ribbon pickup, luck in the RNG of ribbon return from presents, luck in the RNG of ribbon rewards from Crafting, and luck in the RNG of hammer-to-brick rate, there will be people who get 9 artifacts with low ribbon counts, and there will be people who get way fewer artifacts with high ribbon counts.
c) I was mainly pointing out that, at least to my mind, you were asking the wrong question to inform your opinion on the point you were trying to make. I would have first started out by pondering the objectively calculable base state, and then asked for people to report their anecdotal observations. And I did provide my own artifact/ribbon data point after I provided my suggestion.

Pauly7

Magus
Much as I don't agree with the motivation for the post I don't see anything wrong with the question itself because in my past experience the extra ribbon/nut/whatever prizes coming out of chests can make a huge difference and that will dictate whether someone has 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 artefacts.

The question should've been more along the lines of "how lucky have you been by x point"

Sir Derf

Adept
Again, I don't object to the investigation, as step 2. Understanding the base math should have been solicited first, before collecting the personal experience numbers.

DeletedUser8632

Again, I don't object to the investigation, as step 2. Understanding the base math should have been solicited first, before collecting the personal experience numbers.

In all fairness, I didn't know (or couldn't find) the total ribbon rewards for the regular quests. I'm using elvengems as source and only the ribbon count for the first 30 quests is listed. Unless I'm blind. Which, frankly, might be a possibility.

DeletedUser3571

If you go to the quest page, under the ribbons per quest section there is a "click here to show ribbons awarded per quest #". if you click on the "click here" it brings up a table that shows the ribbons for each of the 130 quests and how much cumulative.

DeletedUser8632

If you go to the quest page, under the ribbons per quest section there is a "click here to show ribbons awarded per quest #". if you click on the "click here" it brings up a table that shows the ribbons for each of the 130 quests and how much cumulative.

Is this ingame or are you referring to elvengems?

DeletedUser8632

Thank you. I completely missed that. And I forgot to double check, since gems had the 182 List up at the beginning of the event on live. Oh well...

Well, this makes the post really kinda obsolete but for completeness sake: 5182 with intensive ribbon collecting in the city