• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Winter Magic 2020

Pauly7

Magus
Just to show a different approach (not that I think it will be useful for many players)

Since I am only interested in troop instants I go fishing on those days. Then I have 2x5 and 1x10 squads in there, which means 20 squads in 16 presents. The only other prizes I don´t mind are the coin (for FAs) and supply instants. But I don´t go out of my way for those two.

1. I open present at or above that rate (20/16) left in the pool, I reshuffle every time the chance drops below that.
2. I use the reveal always as soon as it pops up (because it increases that rate
3. I use the 2x when the chance is bigger than that rate (20/16)
For me, I like to have the best chance of doubling my chosen option. So if I'm going for the troop instant I will reshuffle as soon as I get it. I save the 2x and the reveal two for when I've opened 12 windows and not found it. That then gives me a really good chance of picking up 20 squads instead of 10.

Gargon667

Mentor
For me, I like to have the best chance of doubling my chosen option. So if I'm going for the troop instant I will reshuffle as soon as I get it. I save the 2x and the reveal two for when I've opened 12 windows and not found it. That then gives me a really good chance of picking up 20 squads instead of 10.

I have to admit I didn´t spend more than 3 minutes on this tactics approach, but I wanted to account for the fact that there are 2 more troop instants in the presents, not only the daily prize. So instead of reshuffling after the daily as always I wanted to also include the chance to get the 2 regular 5er troops from the presents.

Waiting until 12 opened presents only will happen in 25% of the cases and then you still only have a 50% chance to get the daily in there, so that is rather rare and you waste the reveal (by not using it at all). I thought I go for quantity and use the reveal more often (but of course at lower quality). I didn´t do the maths for that. Just went by feel. Same reasoning for using the 2x although I think I will be worse of for that one at least. However now we are talking tiny fractions now and I honestly don´t care enough to squeeze out every tiny little bit from these events nowadays anymore. Events are such a bore, I have no more interest in spending time on them.

Pauly7

Magus
Waiting until 12 opened presents only will happen in 25% of the cases and then you still only have a 50% chance to get the daily in there, so that is rather rare and you waste the reveal (by not using it at all). I thought I go for quantity and use the reveal more often (but of course at lower quality). I didn´t do the maths for that. Just went by feel. Same reasoning for using the 2x although I think I will be worse of for that one at least. However now we are talking tiny fractions now and I honestly don´t care enough to squeeze out every tiny little bit from these events nowadays anymore. Events are such a bore, I have no more interest in spending time on them.
It's better than a 50% chance. You have a 50-50 chance of revealing it and if you don't then there's still a 50-50 chance of finding it. I think that's 75% chance.

It's true that you're only going to miss it in the first 12 windows once out of every four times, but on those other times you just got it early so there is a good chance you're beating the odds with the re-shuffle.

Gargon667

Mentor
It's better than a 50% chance. You have a 50-50 chance of revealing it and if you don't then there's still a 50-50 chance of finding it. I think that's 75% chance.

It's true that you're only going to miss it in the first 12 windows once out of every four times, but on those other times you just got it early so there is a good chance you're beating the odds with the re-shuffle.

Absolutely you´re right you have the chance to get it, but it means you have the reveal sitting around doing nothing most of the time. I figure using it right away, just takes two crap options away no matter when I use it. The more often I use it the more often it takes crap away. Well of course I can occasionally get lucky and get something useful, but that will happen much less often than in your scheme. I am basically choosing the quantity of the reveals to remove garbage over the quality of the reveals trying to find something special.

Deleted User - 341074

Going to be costly to up them for the next chapter. Assuming they even have decent stats in the next chapter.
The stats are even better in chapter 17, but I'm parked here at the start of 16 indefinitely anyways.
Even if I wasn't, for the past chapters hybrids have always been common enough to be easily replaced rather than upgraded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1759805

Even if I wasn't, for the past chapters hybrids have always been common enough to be easily replaced rather than upgraded.
Indeed. I still have 20x Father Tree of Candy Canes in the inventory from a chapter down, and now I have 15x Goblin Shops with the same dimensions for the current chapter. No need to upgrade any of these, unless you get some truly exceptional buildings.

Pauly7

Magus
The stats are even better in chapter 17, but I'm parked here at the start of 16 indefinitely anyways.
Indeed. I still have 20x Father Tree of Candy Canes in the inventory from a chapter down, and now I have 15x Goblin Shops with the same dimensions for the current chapter. No need to upgrade any of these, unless you get some truly exceptional buildings.
Also, with more and more people halting their storyline progress and blueprints so much easier to win, buildings can be upgraded much more easily now anyway. I'm already at a point where I don't need any more blueprints or RRs and if such a time arrives that I decide to move on I'll probably be able to upgrade everything straight away.

Vorbog

Adventurer
Merry Christmas to all!
I have a question. I just spent all of my keys for the dayli prize - Frozen Owl Cave, because of its Mana production. At elvengems it was written that the building should have 5 065 Mana production per 24 h, at chapter 9. You can imagine my surprise, after I spent all of my keys for few of them, when I saw that the building gives only 3 200 Mana per day! Could someone explain to me how this could happen? Am I mistaken, and don't read something property, or the information at elvengems is incorrect?

Gargon667

Mentor
Merry Christmas to all!
I have a question. I just spent all of my keys for the dayli prize - Frozen Owl Cave, because of its Mana production. At elvengems it was written that the building should have 5 065 Mana production per 24 h, at chapter 9. You can imagine my surprise, after I spent all of my keys for few of them, when I saw that the building gives only 3 200 Mana per day! Could someone explain to me how this could happen? Am I mistaken, and don't read something property, or the information at elvengems is incorrect?

Did you make sure you actually calculated 24h production for the ingame building? It usually states production per collection time (whatever that is) there. If it is a 24 collection time it should be the same.
Now if I look at the description on the daily prize today it says in chapter 16: 16000 mana and 666 per hour, which indicates a 24h production. And that would be quite a bit more than gems says for chapter 16 (12076). I guess gems is off? They haven´t been as active lately as they used to be. But anyway always good to double check stuff especially from sources outside the game...

Hekata

Artisan
I have a question. I just spent all of my keys for the dayli prize - Frozen Owl Cave, because of its Mana production. At elvengems it was written that the building should have 5 065 Mana production per 24 h, at chapter 9.
@Vorbog ElvenGems likely got their info from Beta, and Inno nerfed the building before it came to Live.
This is strange because for chapter 13 and 15 the owls produce more mana than what we see on Gems. For chapter 13 it's 9900 instead of 8829 and for chapter 15 it's 15000 instead of 11312 mana. It looks that for once it wasn't so much a nerf as it was a rebalancing, but it's a shame as mana is more needed in chapter 9 than the later chapters.

Last edited:

Vorbog

Adventurer
There is no calculation to be made, Gargon667. :) There is no information about production per hour, it is only per day at both sources (I am playing on tablet, so maybe that is why I can't see it). Obviously they changed it, if elvengems was correct at the first place. I was so happy about this building, and saved my keys for quite some time to have few, and now I am little disappointed.

Timneh

Artisan
Who had the dumb idea to have a quest to solve 10 tournament encounters on a day when there is no tournament ? Do the devs actually think about anything they do ?
Before anyone says there is the alternative of completing 2 provinces that does not alter the fact that the tournament encounters can not be done when there is no tournament for another 42 hours from the time the quest came up.

Gargon667

Mentor
No they do not think about timing of their quests, they never have before and it does´t look like they are going to start any time soon ;) The quests are put in the quest line rather at random and they fall where they fall.
While that is dumb it also doesn´t really matter.