• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived will not reload

DeletedUser93

I am discovering that after having the game live for 4-5 hours, I start having page refresh/reload problems where I can't get the whole page to reload fully ( such as moving from scouting the world to home village) or an action (such as clicking a home for taxes) fails. At present the only cure is to reboot the computer. Now this is not some small basic computer, I'm using a Digital Strom, Black Ops gamers rig. Plenty or ram, plenty of memory, even the first HD is just 1/3 full. Video card is Geforce 380TI with 6 memory. So what gives? Anyone else having this need to reboot often problem?

DeletedUser

Same with me, after 3 hrs of playing, I can't collect tools and coins, and sometimes the fight map froze. So I refresh, if I still have problems with the game I reboot. But I blame my computer, it three years old. Now that you mention it, I played WOW (Private Server) for over 4hrs and everything's fine. Oh well Elvenar is new and there might be bugs on every corner. Give it time it will get better.

DeletedUser8

Hello Wyldwood!

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. As you suspected, your computer hardware is likely not the issue here, as it is indeed plenty capable like you've mentioned. The difference between the games you've mentioned not having issues with, and with Elvenar, is that Elvenar is flash based. Sadly, running a flash based application, especially one as resource hungry as this, for an extended time, never really pans out well. The data that is cached through flash applications can become very large, and really bottleneck your system.

With all that being said, unfortunately the best solution here is to not keep the game running for extended times without closing out the session in shoter intervals and reloading the game. It also very much helps and is very much recommend that you clear your browser data (cache, temp files, etc) routinely. Personally, I like to do this about once a week, or sometimes more often if I feel things becoming sluggish.

Also, the web browser you are hsing can have a lot of effect on the performance of the game. Having many browser add ons can also affect this. May I know what browser you are running? Maybe I can make a couple suggestions for you that can help you find a better personal experience for your playing style. Many people have found different browsers more suitable for their personal experience and style.

If you need any help or direction on how to clean out your browser's cache, temp files, or other browsing data, please let me know and I would be more than bappy to guide you.

DeletedUser93

Hello Wyldwood!

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. As you suspected, your computer hardware is likely not the issue here, as it is indeed plenty capable like you've mentioned. The difference between the games you've mentioned not having issues with, and with Elvenar, is that Elvenar is flash based. Sadly, running a flash based application, especially one as resource hungry as this, for an extended time, never really pans out well. The data that is cached through flash applications can become very large, and really bottleneck your system.

With all that being said, unfortunately the best solution here is to not keep the game running for extended times without closing out the session in shoter intervals and reloading the game. It also very much helps and is very much recommend that you clear your browser data (cache, temp files, etc) routinely. Personally, I like to do this about once a week, or sometimes more often if I feel things becoming sluggish.

Also, the web browser you are hsing can have a lot of effect on the performance of the game. Having many browser add ons can also affect this. May I know what browser you are running? Maybe I can make a couple suggestions for you that can help you find a better personal experience for your playing style. Many people have found different browsers more suitable for their personal experience and style.

If you need any help or direction on how to clean out your browser's cache, temp files, or other browsing data, please let me know and I would be more than bappy to guide you.

DeletedUser93

Using Internet Explorer at present, I do have Firefox also, but avoid using this as it has issues with passwords on a number of sites I discovered (Some sites like Angie's List password system simply will not work with Firefox). I do clear the cache every 48 hours using Glary's utility every other day, it looks like I may have to go to daily however.

DeletedUser8

Internet Explorer actually seems to have the worst performance in most player's opinions when handling flash games such as Elvenar.

I would highly recommend that you download and use Google Chrome when playing Elvenar. You also might want to give Waterfox Browser a try. Waterfox is a 64-bit browser, and flash games excel on higher performance computers (like yours) with this browser.

DeletedUser93

I'll give it a try, is Waterfox affiliated with Firefox? If so I may have that same trouble with passwords Firefox is known for.
But seriously, the devs need to work on this, a problem like that will cause sour grapes and walking from the game for many.

DeletedUser

I'm using Google Chrome, been using it for years playing flash games like this one. I cleaned my cache every week as well. For extensions Chrome is a bit strict on that, and I rarely use them, and the ones I have (google slides google docs and google sheets) I only enable them when I need them. I'll take your advice though,
unfortunately the best solution here is to not keep the game running for extended times without closing out the session in shoter intervals and reloading the game.
thank you

DeletedUser

i write in onother post somewhere,actually Opera Browser have the best performance for this game,second is firefox and third google crome,and yes,until now i;v played browser game only with crome,but in last time crome is the worst browser for this games.Download opera,make sure u have the latest flash and will see the differeces :)

DeletedUser8

I'll give it a try, is Waterfox affiliated with Firefox? If so I may have that same trouble with passwords Firefox is known for.
But seriously, the devs need to work on this, a problem like that will cause sour grapes and walking from the game for many.

Waterfox is not at all affiliated with Firefox. While it may have a similar engine, the design is completely different, has it's own features, and you are not likely to have the same password troubles as firefox. Most importantly, Waterfox is a 64 bit browser, and the performance is mind boggling. I highly recommend anyone with a 64 bit computer give Waterfox a try.