• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Why the large number of inactive players and fellowships?

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
Hi there, I'm reasonably new to both Elvenar and forum so maybe this question has been asked before. I've been on the search for new players or FS to merge with (yes, there is no dignity, I grovel!) and noticed a HUGE amount of inactive players. Thanks to ElvenStats.com we can really get a good understanding of performance... btw a new discovery for me :) I realise that this is obviously a slow game, so are people getting bored or just getting lives? or... more ominous for me... does it get so hard that people just quit?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I think its just normal in a free to play game that for every 100 people who start playing there will only be 1 or 2 after a few weeks. What is different is that Elvenar keeps a lot of those abandoned cities around on the map forever. There have been many player complaints about being stuck in a neighbourhood with no active players, no visits, no trading, but nothing seems to change :(

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
are people getting bored or just getting lives? or... more ominous for me... does it get so hard that people just quit?

All of this actually happens. Some words about the "too hard" part: I think that Elvenar is rather easy, but it is still possible to completely stall yourself. LazyTony has a valid point too, but most of those smallest cities get deleted after a few weeks.

A good fellowship can make up for a bad neighborhood, and provide the trading partners you need. A new fellowship may have a hard time however.

I know that the dead cities are a major pain for recruiting new members for the fellowship. I wish you the strength and luck it takes to make your FS a successful one.

Timneh

Artisan
Most abandoned cities are from people that sign up and then find they don't like the game so just never log in again, those cities should get removed after 30 days of inactivity. It's great when that happens but the problem is with the cities where the player has paid real money into the game for whatever reason or reached chapter 3 in the research tree, if a city meets one of those criteria it never gets removed. As @LazyTony said there have been many complaints about dead cities but nothing ever gets done.

m4rt1n

Adept
Most abandoned cities are from people that sign up and then find they don't like the game so just never log in again, those cities should get removed after 30 days of inactivity. It's great when that happens but the problem is with the cities where the player has paid real money into the game for whatever reason or reached chapter 3 in the research tree, if a city meets one of those criteria it never gets removed. As @LazyTony said there have been many complaints about dead cities but nothing ever gets done.

I read somewhere recently on this forum that Inno were changing the deletion criteria to remove a lot more inactive cities, even those that have made purchases.

@Muf-Muf can you clarify please. :)

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I know that the dead cities are a major pain for recruiting new members for the fellowship. I wish you the strength and luck it takes to make your FS a successful one.

Thanx RainbowElvira, it has been a real challenging learning curve, way beyond normal game play!

Timneh

Artisan
I read somewhere recently on this forum that Inno were changing the deletion criteria to remove a lot more inactive cities, even those that have made purchases.

I really hope this is the case as i have quite a lot of cities around me that are advanced but have not changed in months.
+1 on asking @Muf-Muf to clarify if this is true or not.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
There have been some changes around May 25th of 2018 (the date GDPR came into effect), which does have an impact on deleting cities, but probably nothing that is easily noticable due to the time it takes before that process kicks in. There has been some talk about updating the general deletion criteria as well, but so far none of that has been implemented into the game.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
sorry, excuse my (horrendous) ignorance (i'm noob, be gentle) but who is Muf-Muf? yes i see Elvenar team on profile... but are they (you) part of the game programmers thingamajig or forum watchamacallit?

m4rt1n

Adept
Three of my active neighbours in a neighbourhood of a handful of active people have been moved so I did notice it for sure.

I've noticed more Goldmines appearing in the last few weeks, but they get filled with new players after a day or so.

DeletedUser5976

Well I try to take the trades of all smaller players around me sometimes chat with them if they ask for advice and these three (one an FS mate) messaged me about the fact that they were moved.

DeletedUser5976

That is so similar to my neighbour two spaces removed from me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1874

My next door neighbor has looked like this since before I started playing, and that's coming up on 3 years:eek:
Same exact thing, ever since May 2016 - actually some months earlier. I didn't register to the forums for a while.

DeletedUser4149

what's hard to understand is why they don't remove cities of players that have admitted that they quit the game or sold every building possible.

i am sure that there will be even more inactive cities if they decide to add a 4th, 5th, or 6th world like they did on the US server. there will be fewer new players to replace the ones they lose.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
Agrees since 2015 I have had same neighbors who have not played a stitch in the game, and also have abandoned or not playing written on their cities they have not moved in the players movement or have they been removed