• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Why are some cities surrounded by old buildings?

Kriana III

Novice
Just out of curiosity :) I think they look pretty cool and would love to have them around mine.
Everything else seems to be the same (the massive statues, the little bridges,...) but this and a couple of other cities I've visited have these ancient buildings around that aren't part of the city.

city_LI (3).jpg

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @Kriana III Yes, just when you though the City couldn't get any more beautiful... the outskirts begin to put on a show!! :D

So these Buildings appear when you build certain Ancient Wonders in your City, and they will only appear on our Browser Version. This building in particular that you've highlighted appears when you've built the Martial Monastery.

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sir Derf

Adept
Or, to put it another way, it's a feature they added for the for some of the early AW (Elves but not Humans (regardless of which race your character is) Dwarves and Fairies) but didn't/couldn't continue as they added additional chapters/Guest Races.

Sir Derf

Adept
To clarify...

Chapter IV Ancient Wonders, Sanctuary, Bell Spire / Crystal Lighthouse are unlocked by a research called "Elven Ancient Wonders" and have extra-city buildings.
Chapter V Ancient Wonders, Watchtower Ruins and Thrones of the High Men are unlocked by a research called "Forgotten Ancient Wonders" and don't have extra-city buildings.

You get Elven buildings, and not apparently Human buildings, regardless of which race you are playing.

Kerzone

Dreamer
I really love the cliff art, though it would be amazing if (especially with the early AW builds) if the actually buildings were built into the cliffs rather than taking up SO much space in my city, maybe then i'd have a bit more space for other cultural elements, especially the event reward buildings.

Egwene al Vere

Adventurer
I really love the cliff art, though it would be amazing if (especially with the early AW builds) if the actually buildings were built into the cliffs rather than taking up SO much space in my city, maybe then i'd have a bit more space for other cultural elements, especially the event reward buildings.

And more space for guest races... (Something to think about Inno?)