• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

why are expansions so small and hard to get

DeletedUser9300

I've found getting expansions very hard and very expensive surly if you want to keep players they should be cheaper or easir to get

Julian

Sorcerer
One of the challenges of the game is to manage your city to be the most efficient it can be in the limited space available. If we had tons of room, it would be so easy that it would be boring.

DeletedUser1874

One of the challenges of the game is to manage your city to be the most efficient it can be in the limited space available. If we had tons of room, it would be so easy that it would be boring.
Partially agree. However when you get to the point where a premium expansion costs 11500 diamonds and you have five left, well... let's just say that's just the shareholders being greedy, and even though I'm a "whale" I won't be spending that kind of money for an expansion, not even if held at gunpoint.

DeletedUser9451

Another expansion question. Yesterday I had areas that I could expand into, and today I have got the expansion option, but when I action it, the roped off areas have disappeared. Is this other player scouting my surrounding area and blocking me off or have I go to do some more quests/research?

NB - I've done one expansion but can't do more

m4rt1n

Adept
Another expansion question. Yesterday I had areas that I could expand into, and today I have got the expansion option, but when I action it, the roped off areas have disappeared. Is this other player scouting my surrounding area and blocking me off or have I go to do some more quests/research?

NB - I've done one expansion but can't do more

Do you have enough coins to pay for the research expansion?

alsael

Enchanter
At one point,it is more affortable to buy magic workshops+houses than expansions.Even if you aren't in an fs that gets blueprints,you can still upgrade your magic buildings with diamonds.Magic buildings=2 regular.That way you save space

Paladestar

Enchanter
I did some fun calculations the other day. I read that we're getting a 13th row and column of expansions with the next chapter. That's 25 new expansions. Two from research, one from provinces, leaves 22 for diamonds (88% of them, fair right?) Assuming someone already has all the expansions currently available and assuming that each new expansion costs 500 diamonds more than the last, as has been the case, then to buy all 22 new diamond expansions you'll need...

:eek: 412,500 Diamonds :confused:

How can someone get this many diamonds? Well, here's a few ways...
  • Spend about £1,350 across 7 different 100% bonus diamond sale days, buying the top chest option.
  • Spend about £2,700 buying the top chest option 14 times with no bonus.
  • Place 830 Wishing Wells and never miss a collection.
Very reasonable...

Lelanya

Mentor
I did some fun calculations the other day. I read that we're getting a 13th row and column of expansions with the next chapter. That's 25 new expansions. Two from research, one from provinces, leaves 22 for diamonds (88% of them, fair right?) Assuming someone already has all the expansions currently available and assuming that each new expansion costs 500 diamonds more than the last, as has been the case, then to buy all 22 new diamond expansions you'll need...

:eek: 412,500 Diamonds :confused:

How can someone get this many diamonds? Well, here's a few ways...
  • Spend about £1,350 across 7 different 100% bonus diamond sale days, buying the top chest option.
  • Spend about £2,700 buying the top chest option 14 times with no bonus.
  • Place 830 Wishing Wells and never miss a collection.
Very reasonable...
Thanks for running the numbers

DeletedUser6357

I've found getting expansions very hard and very expensive
That was true a year and more ago.
Now extensions are very easy - in half a year I have purchased 24 premium expansions and another 4-5 through magical workshops and residences.
You have to work hard to get something. Whether you work in the real world, earn money and buy diamonds, or work in the game to win diamonds, it doesn't really matter.
As you work for expansions in the technology tree or in the provinces, so too can you get premium expansions.

DeletedUser9451

Do you have enough coins to pay for the research expansion?
Thank you for your rely. It turned out to be some sort of internet issue. The next day, all the available slots had returned. Thank you for taking the time to answer :)