• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Which race is the best to use the portal profits refills?

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Hi fellas,

I am about to start Dwarves, I have five 5x5 grids for them, and all research goes for their space. I have quite a few amounts of different % portal refill spells.

For those of you who reached far, which race would you say is the slowest/hardest to produce their stuff (hence making it easier/faster with the spells)?

Thanks!

DeletedUser3571

I think most people would say orcs is the worst.
But using them would depend on how often you get more, if you are getting a lot of pp all the time then you could use them on every guest race, but if you only get them occasionally then best to save for the worst guest races

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Also try get your portal to level 4 before using too many of them to maximize the benefits of the PP.

TheBonker

Adventurer
Hi fellas,

I am about to start Dwarves, I have five 5x5 grids for them, and all research goes for their space. I have quite a few amounts of different % portal refill spells.

For those of you who reached far, which race would you say is the slowest/hardest to produce their stuff (hence making it easier/faster with the spells)?

Thanks!
The best time to use these is a choice each player must choose. For me I used maybe 3/4 spells in dwarves so i did not become tech locked for a week while upgrading mines for a week. this wasnt the most "profitable" way, but it cut my time down by around a week. So I guess either get tech locked at the start or use them to boost those last few techs which require lots of granite/copper to complete. Fairies wasnt an issue it seems a gentler pace. Orcs I did the same used a few spells to unlock research in the beginning to save becoming tech locked until full production was reached. again at the end of the chapter i think possibly 1.5 days wait to complete the last couple of researches b/c i was able to focus on upgrading settlement bldgs instead of scratching around trying to make the amounts needed for a few early researches. Hope this helps :)

Hekata

Artisan
Orcs, for me it was orcs. The worst and slowest chapter. There were no PP and not even time boosters when I was in orcs and it was so painfully slow and tedious that I almost quite the game then :( If you don't have a lot of PP then save them for orcs.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Orcs. Definitely. I wouldn’t use PP spells (much) on Dwarves or Fairies, because that’s where the player can learn the mechanics. The experiences gathered (for example to prioritize getting portal to level 4 soon) will be useful in later chapters.

In Orcs there are two reasons for using PP spells:
  1. It’s tedious, long and repetitive. That might not be the sufficient reason for everyone, though. ;-)
  2. Any event building gained in Woodelves (next chapter) has so much better stats, that you can basically discard everything gained in previous chapters. The raise of stats can’t be compared to the raise in other chapters. So any event you do in Orcs&Goblins chapter has half the value for you (you can of course go for speed instants, PP spells or KP instants, as those have universal value).
As for the later chapters - I use PP spells here and there, but it’s just for the convenience. The chapter that irritated me most was Sorceress&Dragons, because the apprentices were generated slower than the level 4 faculties were able to use them. It is bad design and I ended up using PP spells to progress faster.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
I've found portal profits can get used a little differently in different chapters.
In some its best to save them for when your portal has been leveled up to 4.
For some of the last chapters it worked for me to use them to help get my portal leveled up because waiting on tech researches just took too long.
I ended up doing some chapters a little backwards - leveled up a few race buildings first, ignore quests (usually during an event), completing techs - and when the chapter is almost finished THEN commit to catching up on quests which then finish fairly quickly one after another.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Thanks a lot, everyone!

Yes, I always would aim for Portal level 4 as soon as possible (I have five 5x5s for the dwarves free of buildings, prepared for them). I do the same with the Main Hall when becomes upgradable :)

I have a FS fellow who also struggles with orcs all the time, so that plus your comments already helped me decide. Will use the small 5% ones for wrapping up as some of you did (and maybe the bunch few for 10% and 15%)., and hold one 50% and almost a dozen 33% for orcs hehe.