• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Which Pet to Feed

Julian

Sorcerer
With limited pet food available, I was wondering which pet is best to feed: the fire phoenix or the brown bear. I've never fed my brown bear. How long does its effect last?

With the fire phoenix, troops have 50% better attack, but are just as vulnerable to being attacked. But you can afford to lose more troops if the brown bear makes them faster.

Certainly the phoenix is better in encounters that you couldn't otherwise successfully fight. But I'm wondering if the bear is better overall. Has anyone worked it out?

DeletedUser8409

Brown Bear works like MM spell. It means whatever you collect while its effect is active is boosted by 50% at level 10.

It is additive if you have multiple Brown Bears or Simia Sapiens, so if you do have Simia it will be a 50% boost on your base training amount not what you'd otherwise collect with the Simia bonus.

Make sure, like with MM spell, you have stuff to collect when you activate the Pet Food. It then lasts for 12 hours.

Julian

Sorcerer
I suppose if you combine it with some time instants it could be very productive within that 12h.

Gargon667

Mentor
If you have a Firebird, you need to feed it 3 times per week for full tourney coverage, and an additional one for spire unless you time boost the spire.

The brown bear needs much less feeding. As others mentioned, only feed it when you have lots of time boosts and supply instants. Then you can produce tons of extra troops. I do that maybe once or twice per month.

Deleted User - 1759805

If you go through a lot of provinces in tournaments, FF is a much better deal. +50% damage is huge, and will apply to ALL fights within its time window. You can only get so many troops from BB in sustainable fashion. Plus, +50% damage allows you to win previously unwinnable fights - BB doesn't. BB is still good in a pinch, but if I have to choose, that won't be even close.

Pauly7

Magus
The Fire Phoenix is the most powerful pet to feed during tournaments, but it is also great to feed the Brown Bears at any time. I have 2 Brown Bears so that's 100% production increase and if I feed them both at a time when I have a few time instants then that is a very valuable 12 hour time period!