• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question What's the point of the trader?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @MIKE3399 The Trader is an extremely useful building and pertinent to your progression within the game. Im not entirely sure of your progress right now but it's a very important part of being within a Fellowship, and as you unlock Neighbours around the World Map, you will also be able to trade with them. I know it probably feels like a waste of precious space right now but you will value it more as you go further along :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

If you're a fairly new player it might look pointless (it did to me at the time), but it gets very useful and pretty much essential as you progress. As Herodite says, you'll see more trades appearing as you explore more cities on the map, and if you join an active fellowship then you'll see trades from them too.

In terms of the space it uses - yes, that's a pain at first when you're struggling for space. But again, less of a problem as you progress. Have you tried reducing the space you need; e.g. by doing boosted goods only?

MIKE3399

Seeker
Many thanks to you both
for taking the trouble to explain. I'm waiting to be accepted to a fellowship - I've just got to lvl II

MIKE3399

Seeker
If you're a fairly new player it might look pointless (it did to me at the time), but it gets very useful and pretty much essential as you progress. As Herodite says, you'll see more trades appearing as you explore more cities on the map, and if you join an active fellowship then you'll see trades from them too.

In terms of the space it uses - yes, that's a pain at first when you're struggling for space. But again, less of a problem as you progress. Have you tried reducing the space you need; e.g. by doing boosted goods only?

As far as I can tell the only boosted goods I have is steel - it's highlighted in the City Hall?
I need a lot of timber to meet upgrades so I've built a lot of plank manufacturers - would your advice be to reduce the number and wait til I can trade with fellowship members?
Thank you for your trouble

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I personally would say try to get yourself into an established Fellowship. That way, you can begin to concentrate on your Boosted Manufactories and use the Trader to help with other resources.

If you pop onto the Game World part of the Forum, choose your World, and start a Thread in the "Players Requesting Fellowships" I can almost guarantee someone will point you in the direction of a suitable Fellowship to continue your journey :)

If you just put a brief Hi/Hello and let our players know what Chapter you're in, that will help.

Your City really will flourish once you get into the right Fellowship :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

What they said... Good advice there.

Hopefully your fellowship application will be accepted, then your game will really start to take off. :)

Gargon667

Mentor
As far as I can tell the only boosted goods I have is steel - it's highlighted in the City Hall?
I need a lot of timber to meet upgrades so I've built a lot of plank manufacturers - would your advice be to reduce the number and wait til I can trade with fellowship members?
Thank you for your trouble

No need to wait the trader works even before you join a FS! An FS only makes it better because you get a)24 more trade partners and b) trade partners that are bigger than you and have an interest in taking your trades even though they may not need your goods at all.

Anyway if you have goods and want others: Offer them in the trader, don´t wait for others to post their trades! No trades in the trader may mean you have a big guy in your neighbourhood that accepts all trades just for the fun of it. You will see if your trades get accepted after you post them.

Do NOT build ANY non boosted factories (very early on with a low relics boost it will not make a huge difference, but very soon it will become a waste of your space!), better get into trading your boosted for all other goods right away. When you want to speed up trading further make your trades 3 stars instead of the standard 2 star trades, just offer a few more than you ask. Yur trades will get taken even faster and the loss is easily made up by using boosted factories instead of non-boosted. The relics boost will increase up to 700%, so even if you offered 6 times as many goods as you ask for you still be better off (twice as good) than building non-boosted factories. But no don´t offer 6 times, just offer a 1% to 10% bonus ;) So you gain 690% to 699%!