• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question What's classified as an 'offensive' playername?

SkyRider99

Mentor
The recent world map reorganisation has seen quite a few new cities appear in my region of the map.

Amongst the new player names I've seen are a couple that are objectionable, offensive, or just puerile and rude.

I seem to recall the game rules saying something about not using swear words. Some players think they are clever by incorporating swear words into their playername so that they can get around the rules.

When does Inno classify a player name as offensive? Do they check?

Can we report these offenders?

kimkimkim

Summoner
I believe it was when signing up for the game, they are allowed to use anything....it was here in the forum that such name could not be used....but I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Offensive names as: Long-----24cmForyou, another one called himself "idiot", another one I´ve found called herself "hooker", and well, anytime I see their nicknames I just chuckle.

cwgiii

Shaman
A report can be made at anytime. Contact support directly. Or, in many cases, you can click a report button (example from a post made on the Forum, etc.)

Whether any action is taken is another matter, that we (or the reporter) probably will never know.

Giraffi

Enchanter
I have seen a city name being changed, supposedly after complaints. I am a 100% sure it is the same player, so something does get done at times, although we might not know exactly what.

Pauly7

Magus
Haha, I'm being amused by the idea of a thread that's asking us which words can't be used! I'm reminded of a segment in a radio show from years ago where they used to list words that were not allowed to be said on the radio... but of course all the words were beeped out - hence the comedy of it all.

rock stream

Scholar
Haha, I'm being amused by the idea of a thread that's asking us which words can't be used! I'm reminded of a segment in a radio show from years ago where they used to list words that were not allowed to be said on the radio...
youtube search "george carlin 7 words" They are not beeped :eek:

CrazyWizard

Shaman
The recent world map reorganisation has seen quite a few new cities appear in my region of the map.

Amongst the new player names I've seen are a couple that are objectionable, offensive, or just puerile and rude.

I seem to recall the game rules saying something about not using swear words. Some players think they are clever by incorporating swear words into their playername so that they can get around the rules.

When does Inno classify a player name as offensive? Do they check?

Can we report these offenders?

Just make a support ticket. they will look into it.
It might take a while, if it's considered an offensive name it will in most cases be changed/removed in a week or 2.

Julian

Sorcerer
The one instance I know where a name was changed was where they were calling themselves a certain religious character.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I've seen some names in my time here that have certainly been near the knuckle. Unfortunately, the system doesn't recognise inappropriate names/titles when players sign up, so we would rely on others to contact our Support Team and we would happily look to deal with this. We certainly don't want our Players to feel uncomfortable or offended, especially if this has been done intentionally :)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
What I've noticed is that even when support corrects the name it doesn't take long for someone else to use it. Especially the really naughty ones. I find those entertaining unless it's a personal attack.