• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

What use are goods right now?

DeletedUser23

Huh?
To unlock technologies, upgrade buildings and negotiate provinces.

DeletedUser

They're actually very useful and I like the idea of having them in the game, rather than spending only gold and supplies on buildings/research. The further you go in the game, the more goods you need, of course.

DeletedUser23

The three reasons I gave are pretty much the main reasons/methods of progression in the game :p If you think they're weak, why do you play? :D

DeletedUser

I think he meant that having so many different goods could be used to so much more than just ups and techs.
Something like:
  • marble and gems to build more impressive culture buildings (and probably main hall);
  • scrolls for libraries (that gives... something);
You could maybe even had to build mines in iron provinces, transform them into steel and then workshops could produce tools which would be needed for housing (and also workshops)

I now it's not going to happen in this game (the game is much simpler and it would probably require to rewrite it completely), but now goods are something like advanced supplies I, II and III. I mean: why do you need magic dust to upgrade sawmill? Does it use magic now? And if so - why doesn't it needs constant supply of dust?

DeletedUser

Yeah, the way we have to pony up goods doesn't make a lot sense in many occasions.
For example one would think that Planks could be useful for all sorts of building upgrades.
Marble and Silk for the cultural stuff, Steel maybe for .. erm weapon production?
Ah alright, no weapon production here, my bad :p
I'd like to see an Elvenar 2.0 built with unity engine and featuring some *mmo light* gameplay and goods that work for crafts they're supposed to. Maybe in 2020?

DeletedUser281

My question with regards to goods is the production boost which is randomly assigned at the start.

Since each player has a different mix of boosts, has anyone found an optimal ratio of boosted goods to non-boosted goods?

I have boosts for Marble, Crystal, and Elixir. I have only so far unlocked the Marble boost, and while I know that I will need Planks and Steel to upgrade and research, I have been required to build those manufactories. Obviously with the boost I will produce far more Marble than the other basic goods and can trade the surplus. Has anyone found this to be more advantageous and only built a couple of the non-boosted goods manufactories?

DeletedUser248

I've just recently torn down all my non-boosted goods except one and replaced them with my boosted goods factory. I'm giving it a go. ;)

After you collect so many relics you also keep getting boosts for your boosted goods, once unlocked of course.
As far as ratio goes, I would assume every player is different with regards to how they aquire their goods. I haven't had any problems with trading my surplus so far.

- Lane

DeletedUser

The only non-boosted good I have is crystals as they seem to be in such short supply - I currently have 6 plank, 4 silk and 4 crystal and I make regular trips to the wholesaler with my excess goods/gold/supplies - I can't trade for enough of the other goods to meet my needs.