• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

What is the point of Squad Size upgrades these days ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10929
  • Start date

MinervaOz

Enchanter
But what's the thing about Armories, level 35. My SS=3066:

Info window says Training Size: 450

Basic training size: 6
Training size bonus: 1035
Shrine Bonus (level 4); 2100

Then the Armory: 2250

Total: 5391

Does this Total-number have any point ? and in regards to the 450 Training Size, which makes no sense at all ?

450 is the contribution each individual armory makes to the training size.

The overview window gives your total training size and explains the breakdown of that number.

6 is the base number - that's what you started out with when you first built the barracks, it doesn't change.
Training size bonus I assume to be the contribution of Dwarven Bulwark - I don't have it so can't compare in my city.
Shrine bonus is the contribution made by Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms.
2250 is the total contributed by all your armories - if all yours are at the same level you must have 5.

Hence the total of 5391, the total number of troops you can train in one slot of your training queue. That is, the number of troops that have a 'weight' of 1, such as rangers. If you look at your training queue you'll see a smaller number for troop types that have a different 'weight' - I'm very bad at explaining weights so someone else needs to have a go at that! You will also see a different number if you have a collection bonus - eg if you have Simia Sapiens and/or the brown bear is fed.

Gargon667

Mentor
Looking back, i stopped doing optional SS-upgrades back in ch5. This adds up to a 50% increase in my own SS, which would then add capacity to my Barracks, Merc and Training Grounds, and i could then upgrade them more and gain speed and in the end produce 50% more troops.

But what's the thing about Armories, level 35. My SS=3066:

Info window says Training Size: 450

Basic training size: 6
Training size bonus: 1035
Shrine Bonus (level 4); 2100

Then the Armory: 2250

Total: 5391

Does this Total-number have any point ? and in regards to the 450 Training Size, which makes no sense at all ?

But let´s see and start with what I can figure out:

1. SS has nothing to do with training size, the two are completely independent to start with.
There is one link between the 2 numbers: The Dwarven Bulwark AW (which I assume you have?). It´s power is based on SS and it´s effect increases the training size. So if you have a Dwarven Bulwark, SS increase will lead to a certain increase in training size. If you don´t have a Bulwark, SS and training size are completely independent.

2. Lvl 35 are chapter 15 Armories, so I guess you are late 15 or early 16? That is where I am too and I have 4965, so that makes sense since I have done all the optional ones.

Training size 450, is what 1 armory (lvl 35) gives you. The other number that says 2250 for armories may be the total? 450*5=2250, so if you have 5 armories that would make sense.

basic training size is what you have when you start the game, without armories or anything. Same for everybody.

Training size bonus: probably the Bulwark? That number is why I am guessing you have a Bulwark I don´t know what else it could be, check your Bulwark, if the same number shows up there, that is what it is.

Shrine bonus is easy: Shrine of Shroody Shrooms gives training size based on armory levels.

Total training size would then be: 6(basic)+1035(Bulwark)+2100(Shrooms)+2250(5 armories of 450 each) = 5391

AS you can see no direct influence of SS anywhere (except in the Bulwark, which you have to check there)

DeletedUser

I have a hard time imagining what is what here, can you post a screenshot? Or multiple screenshots if the info comes from various screens?
So now i'm really back to; What the heck is the point with SS ??

Yada yada yada map-encounters, What's the point. My fights in i don't know what ring, but 480 provinces, are not that hard to fight with my silly little army.

And looking at my Dwarven AW, then at level 4 it gives my 33.74 % boost in training size. So for doing the rest/left behind SS researches, which gives 50% i get 17% only i training boost. Point ?? - Nothing as i see it. 14 researches of pain in tournament or a few AW-same.

To the numbers:

Elvenar SS.png

I'm close to no giving a something about it because it's such a mess with numbers that only is there to mess with our heads o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargon667

Mentor
So now i'm really back to; What the heck is the point with SS ??

Yada yada yada map-encounters, What's the point. My fights in i don't know what ring, but 480 provinces, are not that hard to fight with my silly little army.

And looking at my Dwarven AW, then at level 4 it gives my 33.74 % boost in training size. So for doing the rest/left behind SS researches, which gives 50% i get 17% only i training boost. Point ?? - Nothing as i see it. 14 researches of pain in tournament or a few AW-same.

As we keep saying SS is not important anymore, just small stuff. And yes the numbers seem to be just fine and exactly what we said earlier :)

As to how much the SS would add to the trainingsize of your Bulwark: You roughly double SS, so you roughly double training size contribution of the Bulwark, which at your current lvl Bulwark is 1k. Not the world, but since it comes without any real costs, why not?

Add to that a double troop production of your troop producing AWs (Bulwark, Shrooms, Toads, FA and Pyramid) as well as double power of your troop instants. That at least is why I did all those SS upgrades :) Small benefits, but even smaller cost :)

No those 14 old optional techs (I assume that is what we are talking about) are not pain in tournaments at all. You keep saying that and I keep trying to point out the fact that they do NOTHING to tournaments. You can do all 14 tech and you will not lose 1 more unit. you will actually gain a few handful of units... But no, nothing huge.

DeletedUser

As we keep saying SS is not important anymore, just small stuff. And yes the numbers seem to be just fine and exactly what we said earlier :)

As to how much the SS would add to the trainingsize of your Bulwark: You roughly double SS, so you roughly double training size contribution of the Bulwark, which at your current lvl Bulwark is 1k. Not the world, but since it comes without any real costs, why not?

Add to that a double troop production of your troop producing AWs (Bulwark, Shrooms, Toads, FA and Pyramid) as well as double power of your troop instants. That at least is why I did all those SS upgrades :) Small benefits, but even smaller cost :)
Ahh, they add extra troops based on SS ;) I agree then that they are not completely useless :)

No those 14 old optional techs (I assume that is what we are talking about) are not pain in tournaments at all. You keep saying that and I keep trying to point out the fact that they do NOTHING to tournaments. You can do all 14 tech and you will not lose 1 more unit. you will actually gain a few handful of units... But no, nothing huge.
Yes, the optional does not give pain in tournament, but the ones we're forced to do does. I'm arguing against the whole concept of SS as being pointless after they twisted it all.

I don't know if it's solvable at all as it is or it needs a complete overhaul. Because it's ridiculous as it is, that number looking as a deciding factor and in reality meaning so little.

DeletedUser

450 is the contribution each individual armory makes to the training size.

The overview window gives your total training size and explains the breakdown of that number.

6 is the base number - that's what you started out with when you first built the barracks, it doesn't change.
Training size bonus I assume to be the contribution of Dwarven Bulwark - I don't have it so can't compare in my city.
Shrine bonus is the contribution made by Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms.
2250 is the total contributed by all your armories - if all yours are at the same level you must have 5.

Hence the total of 5391, the total number of troops you can train in one slot of your training queue. That is, the number of troops that have a 'weight' of 1, such as rangers. If you look at your training queue you'll see a smaller number for troop types that have a different 'weight' - I'm very bad at explaining weights so someone else needs to have a go at that! You will also see a different number if you have a collection bonus - eg if you have Simia Sapiens and/or the brown bear is fed.
Nope, you did explain very well i think; I understand it :)