• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

What is going on.....(no question marks....therefore more a Discussion than a Question)

DeletedUser1829

Maybe just maybe if the designers/devs started to listen to players there would be fewer that leave ?

How much would be considered reasonable? if 1 requested thing a year was done, 2, 3,10? Surely we do not expect everything thing we ask for to be done, or do we?

In terms of the new race take a peak at the beta post in this forum or over in that forum.

DeletedUser5460

Hi Muf-Muf,Mykan,

I am really very new to the game, and i believe you when you say you are sorry to see people leave, but forgive me for saying but it seems that the assumptions made by the "powers that be" are to blame. The good news is that means you can fix it too.

I have made a few suggestions myself but More than that i come into forum and read what players have to say as i am already struggling with the decision to stay or leave and here is why. From what i see and read here it seems that moderators/devs already have decided where the game is going in its development regardless of what players are asking or complaining about.

The reason i come to this conclusion is consistently i see suggestions or complaint discussions simply being closed without much more of a reason than simply it isnt going to happen, or another one that keeps popping up is if something suggested gets done then somehow it is concluded that the game will get boring and people will leave (that one really explains where things are going wrong...at least to me it does).

I am sure you are all making decisions with the Best of intentions and i dont believe for a second that this is intentional as you are volunteering your time to "help" the game, so it isnt your intentions i am referring to that needs to change but the approach to suggestions and complaints. What i mean is instead of thinking changes asked for or complaints addressed will make the game boring and people will leave, approach what players are saying with the thought that Frustrations will make people leave (and DO as mentioned in this thread and by the huge turnover in players early in the game).

People are taking their time to offer information about what is making the game a BAD experience for them, and there are one heck of a lot of these bad experiences in forum right? That cant be good for the game can it? Yet overwhelmingly it seems that these conversations fall on deaf ears, more trying to pacify the player than to work out a solution to a problem, often going back to the reasoning that if the game gets to many of these suggested changes then it will get boring and players will leave, even when sometimes that reason just doesnt seem to make sense as the impact on the game almost seems insignificant.

Let me say at this time i REALLY like the potential this game has to be great and i am NOT bashing you guys/girls, just trying to give food for thought ok? There is a saying about if you keep doing the same thing then dont expect different results... the results are people are leaving the game for ONE reason, they are frustrated about one or more things that just wont get addressed. I am not saying take every suggestion of course but there are a LOT of good suggestions made and even more REAL frustrations being brought up (like here). You have the power to address these suggestions and complaints to find a solution, so approach the discussion (as a common group goal) with the train of thought that this person has a complaint and i AM going to help find a solution to it, i am NOT going to try and get out of this discussion without making any changes because change MUST be NEEDED if something is causing players to leave so this IS important to SOLVE! Not yelling just accentuating key words.

Maybe secretly you are all being told how to react to suggestions and complaints in which case THAT is the problem but in any case the end result is players complaints have to be address not pacified (or in event of simply closing a discussion, closed and ignored). I dont relish the position you moderators are in, always dealing with complaint after complaint and i tip my hat to you for trying to make a difference for the better so please take my comments as intended, food for thought, as i am also hoping to make a difference and would love to continue playing the game and even dropping some coin into it for the odd perk but still waiting to see if the game can get better than it is right now.
Thank you and Have a good day buddy, :)

Moderator Edit: broken into paragraphs at a forum user's request

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

Mentor
Please don't quit.
They do take our views into account! The mods say they read and listen and I believe them. I have also watched Timon's face during some of the Q&A and Elvenar TV episodes and again - he knows!
Some things take a while to turn up. We have been asking to trade guest race resources for some while (over a year) and here it is with Elementals. Done in a thoughtful logical fashion that makes sense for the game. As Mykan said & I have been pointing out to my FSs those tier 3 resources no one seems to want will make sense shortly!
Hang in there

Deleted User - 106219

Some things take a while to turn up. We have been asking to trade guest race resources for some while (over a year) and here it is with Elementals. Done in a thoughtful logical fashion that makes sense for the game. As Mykan said & I have been pointing out to my FSs those tier 3 resources no one seems to want will make sense shortly!
Hang in there
I can't tell, if you're joking... If you're not, then please explain what you mean, because there has been no talk about trading guest race resources.

DeletedUser1829

@NorthernKing I am a player just the same as you and have as much power and influence as you do. I do suggest reading other elvenar forums before making your mind up. Sadly the EN forums are fairly one sided in it viewpoint about the game, personally I find you get a much more balanced viewpoint on the US and beta forums than this one

They do take our views into account! The mods say they read and listen and I believe them. I have also watched Timon's face during some of the Q&A and Elvenar TV episodes and again - he knows!
Hang in there

I haven't seeing anything about trading guest race resource arriving, do you have a link? As to mods listening we have often seen Muf-muf and Marindor post long posts with answers to multiple questions. If you look at all the updates in 2017, Marindor on beta did a nice summary, its surprising to see how many of those changes were requested by or influenced by players.

DeletedUser441

Please don't quit.
Hang in there
Yes , he knows ! Like when he wore the angry face cap backwards and that was the first thing we saw , him facing away . :mad:

m4rt1n

Adept
It's a game, free to play if you so choose, and take time to develop your city if you want, or you could take shortcuts as I have on occasion, buying the odd expansion. I came to this game 10 months ago for a peaceful and slow life in gaming, after 10 years modding kids arguments on Miniclip.com and it seems I'm seeing some of the same arguments, maybe with better grammar between grown adults. If the game is not for you, quit and if it is enjoy, relax and play the game. :)

DeletedUser3097

@NorthernKing,

After reading your post, I feel it necessary to clear up some misconceptions:

consistently i see suggestions or complaint discussions simply being closed without much more of a reason than simply it isnt going to happen

Suggestion threads will be closed with an explanation if they are unlikely to be implemented . The one I closed recently and added a reason why, was the one about rotating buildings. We have been told many times on the Question and Answer videos that this is not likely to happen. I think it is unfair to let people think that this is a possibility when we have been told categorically, 'NO.'
Ideas and Suggestions

Complaints discussions- I don't recall one being closed. Please give me a link to a closed thread. However 'bug' discussions are closed after they have been either referred on for fixing, the OP referred to Support for individual help or occasionally when they are not bugs.

you are volunteering your time to "help" the game

Neither Muf-Muf nor Mykan are volunteers. I am a volunteer, for almost a year now. My role includes helping people on the forum, clearing up misconceptions and also keeping the forum tidy by archiving old threads. If at any time anyone feels a thread has been wrongly moved, forum users are welcome to message me to resolve the issue.

often going back to the reasoning that if the game gets to many of these suggested changes then it will get boring and players will leave

I can't say I've ever seen that argument on the forum. Yet again, please link me to a post saying that. There is a process which involves the Elvenar Team whereby ideas and suggestions are passed on for consideration, which implies that the opposite is actually the case.

i tip my hat to you for trying to make a difference for the better

Thank you for the thanks- even though it wasn't directed at me. :)

DeletedUser514

Guess I'm sorry I read this. I have solved 453 provinces but have well over a dozen saved up for various quests. And I've been holding off on utilizing expansion until Elementals is here. Now it looks bleak. I'm ranked 42 right now but have been as high as 29. Guess I have to do some serious thinking. Maybe this will be a good thing for me.

Thezza

Spellcaster
Rushed back from work yesterday..and today...no Elementals....where did I get the idea they should be here now!!!!! Bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cwgiii

Shaman
Rushed back from work yesterday..and today...no Elementals....where did I get the idea they should be here now!!!!! Bored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe I read somewhere that they will arrive after the current event, and possibly after the Fellowship Adventure that follows. I am not sure about this however.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I've heard from s.o who red from... (didn't count the steps) that the Elementals "could" arrive at begining of February... that matches your believing I guess...

Deleted User - 106219

The Elementals will likely arrive with version 1.47. We just got version 1.46 (and no all servers, too - the US server will get it on Monday), so don't expect the next version before February.

DeletedUser1227

I find myself in the same position as a lot of the previous posters. I finished the Halflings two months ago and now find myself with nothing to do. All my buildings are maxed out and all non essential buildings (Halfling farms etc) have been deleted leaving a very large piece of greenery in the middle of my city. The current 'Events' are totally non-eventful (just a boring rehash of previous events) which I no longer bother with (the so called prizes are not worth building). Therefore I have decided to do the following: Limit my playing time to 15 minutes a day but doing 24 hour manufacturing (even though the resources are not being used at the moment) and doing the fellowship visits at the same time (can do it in 7 minutes). If I miss a day by not logging in I no longer care (missed 4 days last week alone and wasn't that bothered). I can keep this up (for the next few weeks at least) till the Elementals show up (if they do).

BORED, BORED, BORED.

Just started a new world in Grepolis so will be passing my spare time there. MAY BE BACK FOR THE 'ELEMENTALS'

Thezza

Spellcaster
My AWs are being upgraded by my 76 push accounts, currently have 22 AWs all at level 36........oh...er...nope....because that would be cheating and no one does that right????

Killiak

Artisan
My AWs are being upgraded by my 76 push accounts, currently have 22 AWs all at level 36........oh...er...nope....because that would be cheating and no one does that right????

You want the official Inno answer, or the realistic one?