• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

What fresh hell is this???

SkyRider99

Mentor
I'm beginning to hate events and FAs. But they are a sideline distraction only. The game and the fellowship interaction is the enjoyable part. Although the Traders guest race is really stingy in production. And maybe we shouldn't talk about the lack of city space? Perhaps Ch XVIII will give us lots of expansions so we can manage those brutal building upgrades from Ch XVII. Prolly not!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
This is a different thing. If you don't have any open provinces everyone can scout one, even if it were the only option.

The point is that the number of people that can't negotiate a province
and don't have any troop instants in their inventory is significant enough. Maybe not a huge percentage, but they certainly are around, considering that I would guess at least 90% of people just use their troop instants as soon as they win them. They should not design a quest that literally ends the event for that proportion of people, even if it's small.

I am sorry you are contradicting yourself here. first it's not a problem because you can unlock one, then it's a problem because you can't negotiate it.
I am sorry, it can't be both no problem and a problem at the same time. it's either one of those.

Pauly7

Magus
I am sorry you are contradicting yourself here. first it's not a problem because you can unlock one, then it's a problem because you can't negotiate it.
I am sorry, it can't be both no problem and a problem at the same time. it's either one of those.
That's not a contradiction. You said you always leave provinces unlocked for events. I said that's not the point, because even if you don't have them saved you're still not stuck for this reason because everyone can scout a new one, even if there's a wait time. However - not everyone can then negotiate the encounters because they have hit the orc wall. At that point it's game over for them, so this shouldn't happen. It doesn't matter what you save.

So there's an alternative requirement and that would make it OK, except the alternative is stupid because it's one that relies on people having saved something that most people wouldn't have saved... and if you haven't saved troop instants then you're stuck. You can't just wait a day or two like you would have to if you need a new province unlocking.

Gargon667

Mentor
The point is that the number of people that can't negotiate a province and don't have any troop instants in their inventory is significant enough. Maybe not a huge percentage, but they certainly are around, considering that I would guess at least 90% of people just use their troop instants as soon as they win them. They should not design a quest that literally ends the event for that proportion of people, even if it's small.

I doubt it´s that many that use all the instants right away, I sure don´t, in my case because it simply doesn´t make a difference if I use them or not, the number i get from an entire event are something like 20% of a single tourney cost (and that is me focusing 100% on troop instants in event rewards).

Anyway the point is: There are people stuck on the Orc wall without instants and encounters and no chance to get either. That is simply bad planning by Inno. Unless of course they say being stuck behind the Orc Wall is a choice Inno deso not like or intend to help. If you make that choice forget about events. It could be seen as Inno pushing towns down the mainstream line. Not that you´re missing out on much in events nowadays if you don´t play them ...

People with simply a long scouting time I see as no part of this discussion, who doesn´t have a long scouting time nowadays? We all know that every event needs a few encounters, and even with a 1 week scout you can easily have 3 or 4 provinces ready every event. Not having them is simply bad planning by players and does not need a change from Inno´s side.

Gargon667

Mentor
@Gargon667 I am curious, because from one of my cities where I have extended a tendril out to try and find it, I am looking beyond ring 10 (assuming it is ring based, if it isn’t that would introduce a whole new hilarious variant on the stop progression strategies!).

yes it is ring based, but I don´t remember exactly which ring it is, somewhere between 10 and 13. I would guess at the lower end of that range. Someone with a small tourney/spire town will be able to tell you.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Ring 10 (first provinces are counted as ring 0)
I am currently scouting those on my mini
1617550928879.png

That's not a contradiction. You said you always leave provinces unlocked for events. I said that's not the point, because even if you don't have them saved you're still not stuck for this reason because everyone can scout a new one, even if there's a wait time. However - not everyone can then negotiate the encounters because they have hit the orc wall. At that point it's game over for them, so this shouldn't happen. It doesn't matter what you save.

So there's an alternative requirement and that would make it OK, except the alternative is stupid because it's one that relies on people having saved something that most people wouldn't have saved... and if you haven't saved troop instants then you're stuck. You can't just wait a day or two like you would have to if you need a new province unlocking.

The orc wall is just as much of an issue for scouting, because if you cannot unlock those provinces you also cant scout further, it takes a little longer to hit the second wall but it's there just as much. and you also can't solve the confrontations assignemtns with them.

I see not many complain about those.

Giraffi

Enchanter
@Gargon667 if it is ring based, it is ring 11, which would give roughly 220 provinces inside it. I have Reached it with my tendril last night.
Ring 10 (first provinces are counted as ring 0)
I am currently scouting those on my mini
View attachment 5348
Thanks for the heads up, guys. I am currently in a ring that gives 10 ranking points and if I look at your info, this is the last ring before the ring that requires orcs. Will have to go doubly careful with opening provinces now.

Deleted User - 341074

The orc wall is just as much of an issue for scouting, because if you cannot unlock those provinces you also cant scout further, it takes a little longer to hit the second wall but it's there just as much. and you also can't solve the confrontations assignemtns with them.

I see not many complain about those.
But the scout quests have viable alternatives.

If the quest was "scout a province or use troop instants" then it would be the same issue because players would be locked out of both options.

Hekata

Artisan
I doubt it´s that many that use all the instants right away,
Well I use them as soon as I get them. I don't produce as large amounts of troops as some people here seem to and using them saves me some time boosters. It also clears a bit my inventory which is staring to be crowded with all the artifacts we now have.
Plus we've never had quests to use troops instants before so really 0 reasons to save the instants.
It's kind of funny that the first time the quest to use instants shows up is for the 1st event where the instants have been removed from the chests.
And since this has been reported both on beta and here (I have mentioned that quest in the beta thread here as soon as it came out on beta) it really leave us with 2 possible conclusions: 1. the devs don't care what the players say 2. the devs don't like/want people playing differently than they except them to play.

Pauly7

Magus
2. the devs don't like/want people playing differently than they except them to play.
The problem is - The way they want us to play may be to not overscout, but all the recent events almost force people to keep scouting and clearing provinces. A lot of the time there's an option to wait for a tournament to come around, but they definitely seem to be happily pushing us towards scouting more these days.

Hekata

Artisan
The problem is - The way they want us to play may be to not overscout, but all the recent events almost force people to keep scouting and clearing provinces. A lot of the time there's an option to wait for a tournament to come around, but they definitely seem to be happily pushing us towards scouting more these days.
It's actually quite possible to play without over-scouting. In my other city I'm at the end of chapter 14 and I still need to complete 1 more province to unlock the "advanced scouting gift chest" in the tech tree. And I've been completing all the events there, it's just takes a a bit of preparations (= using spoiler quest lists) and timing it with the tournaments and Spire. Plus the events as they are now can be easily completed in 3-5 days, that's one tournament, and they even seem to start on Tuesdays.
Having said that, I don't like to feel I'm being pushed to play a certain way. I prefer to complete all the quest as soon as possible to have all the currency available for the days there is a daily I want.
And I don't just mean for events, but in general, the devs try really hard to reign us all in on the same path and for me that's super annoying and boring.

Pauly7

Magus
It's actually quite possible to play without over-scouting. In my other city I'm at the end of chapter 14 and I still need to complete 1 more province to unlock the "advanced scouting gift chest" in the tech tree. And I've been completing all the events there, it's just takes a a bit of preparations (= using spoiler quest lists) and timing it with the tournaments and Spire. Plus the events as they are now can be easily completed in 3-5 days, that's one tournament, and they even seem to start on Tuesdays.
Yeah it's possible to play carefully like that, for sure, and many people do... but for the average player, when presented with a quest "complete 6 encounters or 6 tournament encounters" and the next tournament round is 2 or 3 days away, the natural reaction is to take the province encounter. So Inno kind of push people this way, even though they have plausible deniability and can say "you all chose to complete your province encounters".

And I don't just mean for events, but in general, the devs try really hard to reign us all in on the same path and for me that's super annoying and boring.
Yeah, they've always done this in all aspects of the game. With Elvenar there is, and always has been, a fantastic opportunity to let everyone take their own unique journey, but they don't want people to do this. They want everyone to build the same carbon copy city and advance exactly at the same rate. As a fellow rebel I know first hand that it can be really difficult to ignore Inno's efforts to funnel me into this same channel and choose to do my own thing.

rock stream

Scholar
I prefer to complete all the quest as soon as possible to have all the currency available for the days there is a daily I want.
Hekata, it doesn't matter what you have available, it still just a game of chance. I had one item I thought I could use, 1,100 bull feathers saved and I rolled the dice and got flat bread with holes in it. zero zilch It was so much fun, fun, fun. I really think I hold the dice wrong.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
We are sorry the negotiate aspect did not work for you, one more reason to never deplete your spells! Keepers always have!
I look forward to the future quest "Disenchant 3 winter lampions"....

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Somebody must have been crafting a lot in the MA ... What are the odds of getting 10x the lampions?