• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered What are "Player-xxxxxx" cities?

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
I have 10 cities near me with the name "Player-xxxxxx" where xxxxxx is a set of 6 hex digits (0-9, abcdef). Are these real players, or something to replace empty cities? Scores in these cities change so they appear active. Just wondering since I like to give Neighborly Help to active players only. It was odd that so many cities that appeared in the past week all have this name format.

Julian

Sorcerer
search for them in elvenstats.com That will tell you something about them.

cwgiii

Shaman
I believe that I saw (much earlier) in the Forums that these accounts were set up via mobile players. But this might have changed.

Pauly7

Magus
Oh that's a blast from the past... Yes I remember them saying years ago that people setting up accounts from mobile were assigned these weird city names. Probably people who log in once and never come back.

cwgiii

Shaman
To their defense, I do have one good neighbor with a number as their name. But, I imagine, this is an exception rather than the rule.

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
Thanks for all the replies! If I find any clues in Elvenstats I'll update this. I've always had a few cities with common names like "Discovererxxxx" and "Warriorxxxx". It's just odd that so many appeared all at once, with obviously computer-assigned random numbers, mostly replacing empty cities. Scores are in the 0 to 24 range and change on most by 1 point every few days or so, but at least one of them is over 100. This game gets curiouser and curiouser.

Update: a quick look at Elvenstats dot com shows cities named like this across several different servers. What;s interesting is some have joined fellowships. So it appears they are real players.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6846

Bots for whom? They are not developed past the first steps and only a couple are in fellowships. They are not fake players from Inno nor farming accounts. Anyone botting would have sense using words instead of numbers. I counted 4499 such names and most seem abandoned after they placed a few buildings. I'll guess they are made through a rewarding system where players get prizes by registering into different games and completing steps. It is a form of paid advertisement.

Pauly7

Magus
They're not bots. As we said previously we had that conversation with the mods a couple of years back. They're player names auto-generated through the mobile app.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I'll guess they are made through a rewarding system where players get prizes by registering into different games and completing steps. It is a form of paid advertisement.

Wow, that is an old school way to pay for premium, it makes sense. I think one of those players visits me now.

DeletedUser6846

I don't know if Inno uses such services, but they are around.

Gargon667

Mentor
The weird thing is that there are literally thousands (I think it was 5600 last time I looked on EN3) and they all appeared in the last week or so, there were none before that. So something must have changed...