• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Weekly Statistics

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
As a player, I really like to try and optimize my city and playstyle. However, it can be hard to know if a certain approach to fights or negotiations is actually better or worse overall without reliable numbers. To get a feel for this, it would be very helpful to have weekly statistics of troop losses in tournament and spire, as well as resources spent on negotiations. To complement this, it would also be helpful to have statistics on resources collected. This way it would be possible to estimate if I should have gone for more provinces in the tournament, or preferred fighting or negotiating in certain situations.

People do a lot of statistics and number crunching in these forums, so I think there is definitely an audience for this sort of feature. It can also give players an additional sense of progression, for example if they see that they've become more efficient.

Personally, I wouldn't even mind if this was a paid feature (if the price is right). I've never paid for anything in Elvenar, but not because I don't want to, but because I don't like the idea of buying advantages in game. I think such a feature would be below the threshold of what I would consider pay-to-win, though, so I can see myself paying for it.

Last edited:

SkyRider99

Mentor
To get a feel for this, it would be very helpful to have weekly statistics of troop losses in tournament and spire, as well as resources spent on negotiations.
I like the concept SpaceCowboy.

It would also help Archmages if members of the FS could provide these sort of stats when asked by the AM. We would have a better understanding and compassion for fellows who appear to be under-performing if we could see the costs and losses reflecting their efforts.

Turing

Bard
It would be interesting to see, however for the tourney there is significant variation in the difficulty between weeks, so simple comparisons of losses is difficult. And even within a week there's a lot of randomness in individual encounters due to the map, and one or two outright losses can be a significant part of your weekly loss - and perhaps just a fluke due to a couple of really unhelpful layouts.

Gargon667

Mentor
I love stats! So yes please.
But chances for this happening are rather well, insert something impolite here yourself, I can´t come up with a PC word right now.

It´s certainly not a majority of elvenar players that like numbers better than people lol. It feels like 90% play the game for the pretty pictures, geeks just have to go to the forum to hang out because they are so alone in their own Fellowships ;) I am afraid the 5 of us here are way overrepresentated ...

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I'll be honest. Im not a massive stats person myself... but I've seen the way you guys get enjoyment from it... sometimes TOO much :D

I wonder if there's a statistic about someone creating a statistic on here... hmmm... @Sir Derf another one for you to mull over!

Jokes aside though I will pass this along!!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
It would be interesting to see, however for the tourney there is significant variation in the difficulty between weeks, so simple comparisons of losses is difficult. And even within a week there's a lot of randomness in individual encounters due to the map, and one or two outright losses can be a significant part of your weekly loss - and perhaps just a fluke due to a couple of really unhelpful layouts.

I agree, it would be very useful to able to compare the same tournaments over time. However, I think there'd also be value in comparing different tournaments, to determine which tournaments you should push further, and which aren't worth it. Or maybe to determine which tournaments are better for fighting (and using boosters), and which require more negotiation.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
As a player, I really like to try and optimize my city and playstyle. However, it can be hard to know if a certain approach to fights or negotiations is actually better or worse overall without reliable numbers. To get a feel for this, it would be very helpful to have weekly statistics of troop losses in tournament and spire, as well as resources spent on negotiations. To complement this, it would also be helpful to have statistics on resources collected. This way it would be possible to estimate if I should have gone for more provinces in the tournament, or preferred fighting or negotiating in certain situations.

People do a lot of statistics and number crunching in these forums, so I think there is definitely an audience for this sort of feature. It can also give players an additional sense of progression, for example if they see that they've become more efficient.

Personally, I wouldn't even mind if this was a paid feature (if the price is right). I've never paid for anything in Elvenar, but not because I don't want to, but because I don't like the idea of buying advantages in game. I think such a feature would be below the threshold of what I would consider pay-to-win, though, so I can see myself paying for it.

I'd love that. The only thing I can go by at this moment is my score and how many troops/goods I got left at the end of the week.