• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

WE NEED MORE PET FOOD & SPELL FRAGMENTS! (please)

Thorly

Spellcaster
With all of our event-culture rewards and new crafting recipes... WE NEED MORE PET FOOD & SPELL FRAGMENTS! Perhaps the Spire can double all spell-fragments-chest rewards, or at least weight it per chapter. A lot of pets to feed these days. More recipes and/or rewards for pet food, please.

kimkimkim

Summoner
this can be debatable....i would agree and so would many others that the pet food can be increased but spell fragments, uh no please....i'm having a hard time getting rid of the million i already have :confused:

Thorly

Spellcaster
this can be debatable....i would agree and so would many others that the pet food can be increased but spell fragments, uh no please....i'm having a hard time getting rid of the million i already have :confused:
With the 5000 spell fragments needed for 8 CCs, is awesome! But it sure does add up fast. Plus, you must not use those Spell Fragments for other recipes. Even disenchanting does not add up as fast. I NEED MORE SPELL FRAGMENTS. (please)

kimkimkim

Summoner
I use my spell fragments on necessary things i.e. military boosters, pet food, time instants and yes the new CC recipes as well but I still seem to have a million of them and keep gaining them weekly and I'm sure I'm not the only one j/s

Thorly

Spellcaster
I use to hover around 250,000 spell fragments. Now I am at 33,000, and still lowering.
This past week or so, I seem to have an imposter-hacker. I knew my Spell Fragments were at 88,000. I double checked before posting the above. It was at 33,000, so I wrote it. (Should have taken a pic). It is back at 88,000 once again.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

This is the basic response of all people fortunate enough to get multiple moonstone sets.
Any active crafter will have problems with spell fragments if they do not own multiple sets.

It's the sets that give you so many spellfragments.
I also do not understand the aversion? I never see people complain that they have xxx million goods, but for spell fragments it's the end of the world.

I really understand the OP. spell fragments are hard to get for those without moonstone sets.

Julian

Sorcerer
This is the basic response of all people fortunate enough to get multiple moonstone sets.
Any active crafter will have problems with spell fragments if they do not own multiple sets.

I also do not understand the aversion? I never see people complain that they have xxx million goods, but for spell fragments it's the end of the world.

I really understand the OP. spell fragments are hard to get for those without moonstone sets.
Very true, CrazyWizard. I suppose my 10 moonstone sets would explain why I have 1.5 million fragments. Even so, I would benefit from another use for them. I have 22 million scrolls, but I could use them up in the wholesaler and buying KP (it's my choice not to). There's no way of using up my fragments even with the new crafting recipes.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Very true, CrazyWizard. I suppose my 10 moonstone sets would explain why I have 1.5 million fragments. Even so, I would benefit from another use for them. I have 22 million scrolls, but I could use them up in the wholesaler and buying KP (it's my choice not to). There's no way of using up my fragments even with the new crafting recipes.
Neither with wonder runes. I got like 30.000 of those.
and I am sure there are other parts as well that are similar if I would think a bit longer.

Anyway. it doesn't hurt you nor anyone else if you or they get more spellfragments. 1.5m 17m 1 trillion who cares?
as long as new players also have a good opportunity to craft items

So I do not get the outcry of too many spellfragmens we had over the years

Pauly7

Magus
Combining Catalysts and spell fragments are resources to be managed. I don't think Inno has any intention to increase the availability of either just because they release more evolving buildings. The idea is that you have to choose carefully which ones to build, which ones to feed, and when.

It's a similar story with spell fragments. Unless (as mentioned) you have many Spire Library Sets, then you don't have the luxury of crafting everything that you see. We're intended to choose the things that are more important. I've only ever had one Library Set in my main city (I don't do duplicates) and I've never really had much issue because I find the right balance and what I can and can't do.

With the 5000 spell fragments needed for 8 CCs, is awesome! But it sure does add up fast. Plus, you must not use those Spell Fragments for other recipes. Even disenchanting does not add up as fast. I NEED MORE SPELL FRAGMENTS. (please)
This makes me chuckle. You can't use this as a reason for needing more spell fragments. The reason that they released these recipes was to help people burn through their excess stocks of fragments (there have always been lots of people complaining about having too many.) If you are short of them, don't craft the CCs. The fragment cost is obviously huge on these recipes, for this reason.

Gargon667

Mentor

It is boring to have stuff and not be able to use it, so I always ask for alternative uses for all the junk resources, not just spell fragments.

Too many goods is not a problem, you can always throw them at a tourney, but there is nothing I can do to even stabilize my spell fragments they just keep going up and up ....

Thorly

Spellcaster
It is boring to have stuff and not be able to use it, so I always ask for alternative uses for all the junk resources, not just spell fragments.

Too many goods is not a problem, you can always throw them at a tourney, but there is nothing I can do to even stabilize my spell fragments they just keep going up and up ....
Check Gargon667's city in F. It's the Ultimate FA City!!! No wonder he has no spell fragments troubles. I would have uploaded a pic, but my screen snip is fickle today.

Far Reach

Conjurer
I've always managed to keep my Spell Fragments and Combining Catalysts roughly in balance, but I appreciate that there are some (e.g. those with lots of Moonstone Libraries) for which this is not realistic. I liked Inno's solution to complaints over excess Spell Fragments (which was essentially to allow them to be converted into CCs and VV at a very bad rate of exchange). That gives players such as @Gargon667 something to use their excess SFs for, but without causing a significant gameplay imbalance.

Although many might question the need for it, I suppose that a reciprocal crafting recipe could be created to allow CCs to be converted back to SFs. I'd suggest a rate of several hundred SFs in exchange for 10 CCs to be equivalently bad.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I've always managed to keep my Spell Fragments and Combining Catalysts roughly in balance, but I appreciate that there are some (e.g. those with lots of Moonstone Libraries) for which this is not realistic. I liked Inno's solution to complaints over excess Spell Fragments (which was essentially to allow them to be converted into CCs and VV at a very bad rate of exchange). That gives players such as @Gargon667 something to use their excess SFs for, but without causing a significant gameplay imbalance.

Although many might question the need for it, I suppose that a reciprocal crafting recipe could be created to allow CCs to be converted back to SFs. I'd suggest a rate of several hundred SFs in exchange for 10 CCs to be equivalently bad.
That option is already there in the magic academy, a CC gives you 90 SF at level 5, 56 at level 2.

Those without moonstone librries really need big event buildings to whack into fragments, unfortunately buildings of 20 or so squares are very rare these days. they are all fairly small. most of the events not bigger than 12 sq

Thorly

Spellcaster
With all of our event-culture rewards and new crafting recipes... WE NEED MORE PET FOOD & SPELL FRAGMENTS! Perhaps the Spire can double all spell-fragments-chest rewards, or at least weight it per chapter.
The Spire's constant 500 or 1000 Spell-Fragments rewards, needs to be upgraded for the higher Chapter Members. Please

Giraffi

Enchanter
If someone gets less fragments from the spire than another player, then he/she should have more of whatever else the other player is not getting, like boosts or CCs. Has anyone done a comparison of disenchanting those kind of items? Perhaps there are some that are worth a lot of fragments when disenchanted.

Thorly

Spellcaster
If someone gets less fragments from the spire than another player, then he/she should have more of whatever else the other player is not getting, like boosts or CCs. Has anyone done a comparison of disenchanting those kind of items? Perhaps there are some that are worth a lot of fragments when disenchanted.
Point made, everyone should get the same amount in the spire. To clarify, are you saying that disenchanting should be weighted by chapter. Or, disenchanting should get higher Spell Fragments?

Far Reach

Conjurer

I'm really not following the reasoning behind why more SF are needed. I'll try to explain my thinking below.

It varies, but many recipes cost in the region of 150 to 250 SF for each CC spent. That suggests that many players should be aiming for a ratio of about 200 Spell Fragments for each Combing Catalyst in their inventory. The Spire actually produces an substantial excess of SF relative to this ratio, as does the Moonstone Library. It is plausible that if a player is generating a lot of CCs in their MA, they could still have a deficit of SF though (especially if they aren't going far in the Spire, don't have any moonstone libraries and rarely disenchant anything).

The new recipe (5000 spell fragments for 8 CCs) is a much worse rate of exchange (regarding how many CCs one receives) than the target ratio. That implies that we shouldn't be using it unless we have a substantial excess of fragments (i.e. the number of fragments divided by the number of CCs is significantly larger than 200). Anyone overusing this recipe will eventually run out of SF however many the game provides.

I've seen a few forum threads recently where players are criticising some aspect of goods or artefact production. Mostly it seems their problems are self inflicted. :cool:

That is my reading of this thread, but please explain if I've misunderstood.